Why did tarantino develop the reputation of having a flair for writing dialouge?

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by teq the decider, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

It is painful shit
    test
  2. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

couldn't agree more; glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.
    test
  3. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Because... uh... some people's idea of what is good dialogue is different than yours?

I mean, I know that's the stock answer, but there's absolutely nothing to discuss here.
    test
  4. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

I really, really hope this thread is a joke. If not, you guys shouldn't watch movies.
    test
  5. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

What does that even mean? Please explain that nonsense.
    test
  6. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Because, he pretends to be deep by throwing diarrhea on screen. From there pseudo bohemian movie nerds try to place tags on his works of genius and sell it to the rest of us.
    Like we'll truly believe that they enjoy anything about it.
    test
  7. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

test
  8. fuelio

fuelio New Member

Tarantino's influences were the campy exploitation films of the 1960's and 70's. Tarantino tries to recreate that campy charm in his films, including the bizarre dialogue.

But I definitely agree Tarantino is overrated!
    test
  9. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are two of the best screenplays ever written. You guys are fukkin buggin.

I can't even comprehend someone thinking that those movies wern't well written.
    test
  10. fuelio

fuelio New Member

Reservoir Dogs is a remake of a Chinese film called "City of Fire" starring Chow Yun- Fat. I thought the dialogue was pretty meh'ish. The opening scene where they discuss Madonna and the ethics of tipping just sounded waaaay too forced.....

Tarantino's role in Pulp Fiction ruined the movie for me....
    test
  11. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

The dialogue in Reservoir Dogs sounds forced? You gotta be fuckin kidding me, that is the complete opposite of the truth. The great thing about Tarantino's dialogue is he shows the human side of criminals, killers, and otherwise pretty much bad people, and the writing is so real you would think it is normal people actually havin a conversation.

And your comment about Tarantino's role in Pulp Fiction is also completely rediculous. Man, I don't understand people sometimes.

Pretty much everyone that has ever worked with QT talks about him like he's a god amongst men, and I think actual actors are a pretty good judge of talent when it comes to direction or writing.
    test
  12. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

People are idiots because they don't agree with you?

I think Tarantino is grotesquely overrated.
    test
  13. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

wtf while i agree the dialogue on that death ride shit kinda sucked, for you to knock resovoir dogs and on top of that pulp fiction than you are outta ur fucking mind
    test
  14. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

When did I say people are idiots? Your words not mine, I said I don't understand people sometimes. Some things are so undeniably good its hard to imagine someone thinking they are bad. Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, especially the writing, are examples of that.
    test
  15. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

c/s. Death Proof was easily Tarantino's worst movie to date, I'm not gona argue bout that, but if you knockin his earlier work you are just a hater.
    test
  16. musicisvanity

musicisvanity New Member

tarantino is the king of dialouge. don't be silly.
    test
  17. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

thank you, someone with some sense.
    test
  18. musicisvanity

musicisvanity New Member

well i mean. it's the truth. his word placement is brilliant. and the actors he gets to deliver the lines are always on point.
    test
  19. LiBrahm James

LiBrahm James 1st Round

i don't see how he makes attempts to "be deep"

a lot of the "philosophical" stuff spit in his films are from characters who are burnt-out on drugs or with minds that were presented in a way to not be taken that seriously

so, what he's doing is actually to the contrary... he's with you somewhat in that he's mocking people who try to tackle concepts and topics that they should be leaving alone

i like tarantino's dialogue because it's catchy and has zing [dunno]

a lot of it makes me chuckle and just keeps me eager to hear how the character will continue to phrase things in their off-beat manner

he's simply a cool and entertaining filmmaker
    test
  20. Infinitheat

Infinitheat New Member

infinitheat.com
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.