Why did christopher columbus claim that a ancient prophecy ledhim to discover america

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

You probably learned a bit about Christopher Columbus at school, but one documented historical fact that you probably overlooked is that Columbus believed his discovery of the New World was necessary in order to fulfil an ancient prophecy.

What exactly did Christopher Columbus mean when, circa 1500 AD, he wrote about America in one of his famous letters: "God made me the messenger of the new heaven and the new earth of which he spoke in the Apocalypse of St John after having spoken of it through the mouth of Isaiah; and he showed me the spot where to find it."[1]
    Santa Maria

Christopher Columbus produced a famous book, the "Book of Prophecies"[2], containing over 200 biblical and patristic passages which he compiled, but how many people understand why?

When Columbus made his case to win support from the Vatican and the Spanish monarchy, at the centre of his manifesto was a millennial prophecy about the destiny of the land that he would discover. A "New World" was to arise in the West to fight a final Crusade against the Arab powers of the Middle East.

A war across such a vast distance, over thousands of miles of sea and land, would have seemed unlikely at the time. Yet, as the new Millennium dawned, soon after the Year 2000 AD, events were set in motion that would fulfil the prophecy.

[​IMG]
    test
  2. Type_Z_480AZ

Type_Z_480AZ youtube.com/typezmusic

Ancient aliens

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

U have a link for where u got this?
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

test
  5. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Good stuff ima read that
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i know why. Its simple.

once you figure it out you too will be awesome
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

explain what ur talking about?
    test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

You know Columbus is one of THE most misremembered people in history?

Dude was a total failure in life.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

Negative.. he is the most celebrated icon in america history imo..

it's just agenda tries to discredit him and keep him in the dark
    test
  10. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Yeah, he's celebrated for doing something he didn't mean to do and died sad, alone, and poor.
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

how is he the most celebrated icon in america's history? He was corrupt, a bully, tortured, killed, and enslaved native americans including kids.

He got lucky by being the first of his region to make it to america, which his dumbass thought til his death was east asia.

brilliant explorer? icon? no he is a lucky guy who cradled salty balls for years to finally get permission to travel and is responsible for bringing corruption to america.

Rest In Pieces
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

sound like yawl some haters.. america wouldn't be what it is without the ruthless tyranny towards some second class citizen's stop being some pussy's!
    test
  13. Aquafinafloe

Aquafinafloe dnt ever knock the hustle

wow a little history i didn't know i thought the white ppl just sent him there
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

Ha Ha Ha reluctantly ...but yes he convinced them sure enough
    test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

and therein lies the spirit of manifest destiny. thats fine if you wanna take that imperial route, but don't turn around and claim to be doing the work of god. your god jesus spoke out for the weak, the botched, the second class citizens. the kingdom of heaven is within you.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

I see what you did there... WoW.. I'm sorta fucked up with the recognized contradiction.. smh...
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

Kids were gettin their arms cut off if they couldn't meet their work quota. The beginning of slavery in america smh I'm amazed that no one has blown us up yet for all the ass we been kickin. Colombus would be a religious dick of course he had to be
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

and yet we are the first country to step forward and abolish slavery.. and have came a long way from the inequalities of the past.. and tbh.. we sorta have to praise the pain's of the past for being courageous enough to make it thru and build the foundation of our country.. instead of playing the victim card.. BC we aint no where near the victim..
    test
  19. Macy Payolla

Macy Payolla Well-Known Member

Lmao @ we were the first countries to abolish slavery. Actually Its the exact opposite
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

on a national sense ya.. and also we were the first country to step into other countries slavery incorections... prove me other wise if im ill informed..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.