Why Dallas will be first ever host of a SuperBowl...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by .Invictus., May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

History, will be made.
    First,the running game. Ranked 7th in the league. Arguably, stronger this year. Barber I think, declines a lil. But, Felix Jones is ready to break out. Become a 20 touch player. Choice, well, he's a great Wildcard running back. Plays great in 4 receiver packages. He catches, good in playaction and blocks. And is nifty on draws.
    Second, passing game. Ranked 6th. Obviously the addition of Dez Bryant is huge. I believe his star will shine nice and bright. By mid season, he should be a solid piece of our offense. His presence, will slow down blitzes and allow Romo to move in the pocket and hit his guys. Witten will get more 1 on1 wit LBs. Since Safeties will have their hands full wit Austin. Not to mention, his options out of the backfield. Martellus Bennett is due to have a good year himself. He showed athletic ability and we showed our hand a couple times giving him jump balls in the endzone. Well, now all he can do is step up cuz it aint no secret we wanna get him the ball too.
    Third, Defense. Dallas showed weakness in really only one phase of Defense. (Actually, 2, 3RD DWN DEF. but one in the same!). That weakness was trying to stop the PASS. Dallas ranked 20th against the pass. Dallas didnt address the Defense as much as we would have expected. But, I think it was a solid Def. The Defense found itself on the field far too long for reasons that werent their fault. Those were turnovers and sacks. Two things, that I belive were addressed on the other side of the ball. The LBs are improved nicely. Sean Lee, assuming he can overcome his knee injury. Has tools to be a 125 tackle a yr LB. Spencer can achieve Pro Bowl status, Ware will be healthy. Newman is hated on, but he holds it down. Hes still sick wit it. Mike Jenkins, solid. D Line I thnk needed juice but its in tact. Same D Line that ranked 4th against the run.
    Now, flaws we have. Safety, can A. Ball become a starter in the NFL? Remains to be seen, as of now, he is OUR starter. I dont know how much or what that means yet lol. We gave up over 40+ sacks last year. We dropped our best lineman. Flozell was Larry Allen status IMO. He was Erik Williams status, IMO. The O LINE shouldnt be over looked, but Dallas seems happy with what they got in the Ranch. There is talent, just no big names. Dallas's biggest flaw, was- how could you rank so high yardage wise and but rank 14th in scoring?? Well, Dez Bryant an improved M. Bennett, Witten, Austin, Barber ROMO, F Jones. All of these = TDs.
    I cant wait to see New Orleans again. Arizona, I'll be there Christmas day. All dressed in BLUE. YES, this is OUR YEAR. DallasisBack.
    test
  2. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

Note: I didnt mean wildcat (although he does run our wildcat) i did mean wildcard. U kno, change of paceback. Mix it up back.
    test
  3. Siwel Xed

Siwel Xed No Squarehead

Get fucked.
    test
  4. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

haha shut up
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Agreed...but Our Team failed because of 3 reasons.....Our O-line, our 3rd down D and our offensive play calling. i could never understand why teams can be in 3rd and 15s and get the first down....

If the O-line provides solid protection, we will be very tough to beat....
    test
  6. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

how about them cowboys baby!

can't wait til the season starts.
    test
  7. HOLLOW 55

HOLLOW 55 You niggas cant trap here

Fuck em'.
    test
  8. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Probably would have happened way longer ago if faggot ass suits weren't afraid of the cold.
    test
  9. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

fuck you lol
    test
  10. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

I need to get tickets to the Christmas game
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Fuck the fuckin cowboys. I hate them biotches
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

Yea our 3rd down defense was pass coverage. Too many times we gave up "that big play". Mostly after a turnover and after tha def just got off the field. Like i said, our oline problem was also an issue of our wrs not being quick off the line. Dez will be a problem wit his quickness off the ball. That changes the way defenders blitz. They have to sell themselves better as opposed to showing blitz.
    test
  13. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

Oooh man 1 month for training camp. Cant wait for fantasy draft man. Ooohwee.
    test
  14. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

I've been watching Felix for years. Great runningback who is a home run hitter everytime he gets a touch, but he is plagued with injuries in Dallas. If Felix can stay healthy for a year he is a top 10 RB, but right now I know that isn't going to happen unless I see it.
    test
  15. bgreen

bgreen Active Member

yay more cowboys fans woot woot I'm not alone
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Dallas needs to be more creative with their play calling cuz they were predictable as hell.....they needs to play smash mouth football in the run game (with marion) and get Felix more involved...I always believed that these back got injured so much do to poor conditioning...i hope this is resolved.

If the O-line can play solid...We will have an offense juggernaut of a team
    test
  17. *Deuce Wilde*

Man if he could stay healthy for a full season and get majority of carries he's a top 3 IMO
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. hYpOconDriAdIcT

hYpOconDriAdIcT New Member

Id like to believe this thread but I dont and heres a couple reasons why:

1.) Tony Romo's blind side. we drop Flozell and don't replace him... Doug Free? he struggled at RT and were gonna trust him at LT?? just watch the tape at MIN in the playoffs last year, and Alex Barron haha couldnt make it for the rams who took bobby carpenter for him... need I say more?

2.) The Safety Position. I cannot understand why we are not addressing this position!! hey cowboy fans, ya wanna know why we are vulnerable to the deep pass year in and year out?? because our safeties suck!! and scary enough, we actually got worse at this position this off season... you do the math.

3.) Our RB Situation. I actually believe this is the strong point of our team. however i hope we dont waste what we have tryin to get Barber the ball. he is the worst of the three backs... since Jones left barber has averaged less then 4 yards per carry and only 7 tds per season...

prior to jones leaving... 4.8 yds a carry and had 28 tds in 2 seasons... and in his most productive season (2007) he didnt start a game! what does this tell you?? he is better off the bench. the only every down back this team has is Tashard Choice. yes felix is more productive but injury prone... Choice is durable... fast enough to break the long runs and strong enough to get the tough yards and has great hands out of the backfield and we wasting talent with him in the wildcatt... take that formation and remove it from the playbook its useless and he's not that type of back.

So I guess our RB recipe for success would look like this

Starter.. TC
    Spelled with Felix
    short yardage and goalline... Marion

4.) DOES ANYONE REALIZE WE HAVNT SIGNED A KICKER??? this is just a backbreaker u drive all the way down the field... ur drive poops out at the 30 and ur kicker has like a 20% chance of making the field goal when its over 35 yards... well cowboy fans I hate to say it but get used to this scenario because we didnt sign a Kicker and Bueler from what I hear is garbage only good for kickoffs... this area desperately needed addressed and it wasnt.

sorry to say it but i do not believe Dallas will be at the SB... not with those glaring issues.
    test
  19. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Either way you have to go through the Falcons to get to the Super Bowl which won't happen.
    test
  20. *Deuce Wilde*

We dropped Flozell Adams... who was still under contract... in an uncapped year.... for a reason. I believe Free is a LT who we had been using at RT, I think he'll be fine and Alex Barron could benefit from being on a winning team in a whole new atmosphere, I think he'll be a solid and productive backup.

While this is undoubtedly our biggest concern, the Cowboys staff wants to see what we have in our young safeties Ball & Mike Hamlin. I also think we could see AOA spending some time there. Sensabaugh is a solid safety, it's just gonna depend on whether or not the others are able to step it up at free.

I do not agree with this, Choice is not an every down back. He's a solid producer but not the kind of back who would be productive with 20 carries per game. Reports I've read have Felix as our #1 back and that's the way it should be. If he can stay healthy he'll be one of the best backs in the league easily. Although I do agree Barber is better in his "closer" role.

Where have you heard that he's "garbage"? Certainly couldn't get much worse than what Folk and Suisham did last year... If the staff doesn't feel he's the answer at kicker I'm sure they'll bring in another veteran before the season starts. Plenty of time for that.

You're blowing up issue to be much more troubling than they actually are, tbh
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.