why arent there any black football coaches at major colleges?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by skip bayless, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip bayless

skip bayless New Member

black people know football just as good as a white guy

me and jamille and sir charles discussed this earlier

they are know even saying that if you are a black coach and you have a white wife, you are not getting a job

its a damn shame...

and its obviously racism

NFL, NBA, ncaa basketball all have a decent amount black coaches
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

There's like 3 left, I think... 3 just got fired or resigned this past year... and then there's dude from Buffalo... but Charlie Strong from FL should get something any day now... he's been apart of two national championships with the Gators.
    test
  3. skip bayless

skip bayless New Member

randy shannon at the U is a good one

but the fact that Auburn didnt take turner gill, the guy from buffalo, is a disgrace
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I don't know, man... you can't call everything racist... I don't know if I woulda taken him, either... Buffalo just had success... that might be a fluke season for them... what other successes has he had?? I woulda looked at Strong harder than Gill... I think Gill has more to prove.
    test
  5. skip bayless

skip bayless New Member

a MAC championship and a winning record.

they beat the unbeaten ball state team to win the MAC title

the guy auburn took was on a 10 game losing streak

why are there only 2 and half black coaches in college football, when 75% of the players are black?
    test
  6. the Prince

the Prince New Member

bad image for the university
    test
  7. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

notre dame tried this.

it doesnt work.

j/k but really, who fuckin cares, i dont see any reason for an eoe to have their hand forced. they will hire whoever the fuck is most qualified.

and sorry, but if i was an AD and u were black, u better make damn sure ur qualified because im not hirin some jackass just to say we are on the cutting edge of race relations. college football is one thing: winning. if u cant do that, u cant coach, has nothing to do with skin color and im really getting tired of having this conversation, i dont know how people dont understand this yet.

theres no place for affirmative action in sports

if there were, youd have white people marching the streets for a higher white to black ratio in the NBA and vice versa for the MLB
    test
  8. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

blacks only make up for like 13% of america. give it a rest people.
    test
  9. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

This is that bullshit. I'm really glad this Auburn situation took place because the way they handled it made it blatant that race was the primary reason for their decision. You say that the institutions would hire the best candidate regardless of race. If you really believe that occurred at Auburn after comparing the resumes of Chizik and Gill then you are just blind. It was reported that those were the final two, so there is zero percent chance that they made that decision color blind. In order to take the position that these institutions are hiring the best candidates irregardless of race, is basically insinuating that blacks aren't mentally capable of being successful coaches. When you look at the fact that all except for 3 D1 coaches have played D1 football and then add the fact that the majority of D1 players are black. The numbers don't add up unless you believe that blacks are mentally incapable of being successful coaches or rather its ADs, rich boosters, or other administrators have issues hiring black coaches.
    test
  10. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Only 3 D1 coaches lack D1 playing experience. With that in mind, what percentage of D1 players are black? You really are dumb as hell and go out of your way to reveal that to the board.
    test
  11. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

they probably aren't qualified for the job is all i'm saying. what exactly makes playing experience worth anything in a coaching job by the way?

michael jordan is probably the best basketball player of all time. yet that doesn't mean he would be a good basketball coach.
    test
  12. skip bayless

skip bayless New Member

he just won the MAC championship!!!

turner gills resume shits all over the guy they hired!

stop being mad that black people are slowly taking over
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

How would you measure qualification?
    test
  14. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

1 winning season. what an accomplishment........lets give him coach of the millennium award
    test
  15. skip bayless

skip bayless New Member

he has had 3 winning seasons on a team that never wins

usually thats how u move up fast

he also beat the undefeated ball state cardinals...they were ranked # 12 in the nation

theres obvious some discrimination involved....a black man not getting a prestigious job in alabama...big surprise

well times are changing, time to change shit
    test
  16. skip bayless

skip bayless New Member

a black man(barack) is gonna save america and bring a playoff system to college football

you better start showing respect
    test
  17. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

i don't know much about the bama situation but saban is one of the best 3 coaches in the nation. i would rather have him no matter what race he is.

sorry i don't think a MAC coach could fill the shoes of an elite program like auburn. much less fill the shoes of tuberville. they would probably have been better off taking an underappreciated coach from the nfl like tennessee did.

i could give a shit what race the coaches are. just seems like there's a tad bit too much whining. too much talking and too little walking.

why is there nobody complaining about asian, indian, or hispanic coaches? it's because yall are reachin too much.
    test
  18. skip bayless

skip bayless New Member

u fucking idiot

im talking about Auburn which is in alabama! hahahaahaha

obviously saban

ok why did lane kiffin an 30 year old coach that has no real experience besides WR coach at USC and failing miserably at oakland...its cause his last name and cause he white

its obvious

u dont even know the subject matter why are u talking?
    test
  19. skip bayless

skip bayless New Member

and u just said u dont think a MAC coach could fill the shoes of a prestigious program???

umm last time i checked urban meyer got his start at bowling green

smh, ur just talking out ur ass stop commenting on subject matter u are new too
    test
  20. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

your argument is that the entire board of auburn is racist and that's why they didn't hire a black coach. that's thinner than paper.

if you meant auburn then say auburn because alabama and auburn are 2 different schools. when you say alabama it's pretty easy to assume you mean the crimson tide.

kiffin's dad will also be coaching at tennessee too. you probably didn't think of that either since you have no idea what you're talking about. you're just mad the flavor of the week didn't get hired. boohoo get over it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.