Why are there so many Contridictions in the Bible?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Ass Napkin Ed, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

just curious
    here are some examples

1 - How many languages were there before the Tower of Babel?

(Answer) - Many Languages

Genesis 10:5-31
    By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands, every one after his tongue. (v.5)

These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues. (v.20)

These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues. (v.31)

(Diff Answer) - There was 1 language

Genesis 11:1
    And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

Genesis 11:6-9
    And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language. (v.6)

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. (v.7)

Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth. (v.9)

2 - What happened to Cain after he Killed Abel?

(Answer) - He was a fugitive and a drifter

Genesis 4:11-12
    And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

(Different Answer) He settled down, married, had a son, and built a city.

Genesis 4:16-17
    And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

3 - Does the blood from animal sacrifice take away our sins?

(Answer) Yes

Leviticus 4:20, 26, 31, 35
    And the priest shall make an atonement for them, and it shall be forgiven them.

Leviticus 17:11
    I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Numbers 15:27-28
    And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

Numbers 29:5
    And one kid of the goats for a sin offering: to make an atonement for you.

(Different Answer) NO

Hebrews 10:4, 11
    For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. (v.4)

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. (v.11)

i have hundreds of other examples
    i will stop here though and let the board respond
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Someone crucify me now... Bc how can they defend that haha...
    test
  3. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Because different people wrote it?
    test
  4. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Picking on the bible has been done to death. There is always an apologetic answer.

You want to play with he big boys, you step up to the Quran. The Quran actually does claim to be divinely inspired and without error. It's also the book of the largest religion on Earth.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

test
  6. TheBigPayback

Ha. that must be why 'the prophet' muhammad thought he was approached by a demon in the cave rather than an angel. until his wifes catholic uncle told him it was "Gabriel"
    Because it "happened to moses" which actually never happened to moses.

Or why he became violently sick at the meeting. or tried to kill himself because of the encounter. or why this prophet didnt know about former prophets or their actual experiences.

ur a funny guy.
    test
  7. AliceHouse

Citation needed.
    test
  8. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

I mean can we pretty much agree in 2013 that

men didn't live to 400 years old
    no flood could cover the whole earth
    one man and one woman couldn't be the creators of 7 billion people today
    no 'fish' could swallow a man for 40 days and then spit him out alive
    no walking on water or healing leprosy
    etc etc etc

can we just say the bible is pretty much a fairy tale at this point
    and there is no proof that any of the characters ever existed
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

in another dimension its possible you made the exact opposite of this thread
    test
  10. AliceHouse

Are you familiar with Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosome Adam?
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Read about "the cave"

Quoting from the Hadith of Bukhari, 9.111: Narrated 'Aisha: The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good righteous (true) dreams in his sleep. He never had a dream but that it came true like bright day light. He used to go in seclusion (the cave of) Hira where he used to worship(Allah Alone) continuously for many (days) nights. He used to take with him the journey food for that (stay) and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again for another period to stay, till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him in it and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read." (The Prophet added), "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it anymore. He then released me and again asked me to read, and I replied, "I do not know how to read," whereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it anymore./ He then released me and asked me again to read, but again I replied, "I do not know how to read (or, what shall I read?)." Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me and then released me and said, "Read: In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists). Has created man from a clot. Read and Your Lord is Most Generous...up to..... ..that which he knew not." (96.15)

Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration, his neck muscles twitching with terror till he entered upon Khadija and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and then he said, "O Khadija, what is wrong with me?" Then he told her everything that had happened and said, 'I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija said, 'Never! But have the glad tidings, for by Allah, Allah will never disgrace you as you keep good relations with your Kith and kin, speak the truth, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guest generously and assist the deserving, calamity-afflicted ones."

... But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while and the Prophet became so sad as we have heard that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains and every time he went up the top of a mountain in order to throw himself down, Gabriel would appear before him and say, "O Muhammad! You are indeed Allah's Apostle in truth" whereupon his heart would become quiet and he would calm down and would return home. And whenever the period of the coming of the inspiration used to become long, he would do as before, but when he used to reach the top of a mountain, Gabriel would appear before him and say to him what he had said before. (Ibn 'Abbas said regarding the meaning of: 'He it is that Cleaves the daybreak (from the darkness)' (6.96) that Al-Asbah means the light of the sun during the day and the light of the moon at night).
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

Sura 81:22-25 says, "No, your compatriot [Muhammad] is not mad. He saw him [Gabriel] on the clear horizon. He does not grudge the secrets of the unseen, nor is this the utterance of an accursed devil."

Sura 69:41, 42 say, "It [the Quran] is no poet's speech: scant is your faith! It is no soothsayer's divination: how little you reflect! It is revelation from the Lord of the Universe
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

-Not in 2013 they dont and theres good reason for it.
    -I wouldnt agree no.
    -u mean noah and his family.
    -he was in hell not a fish, read jonah again. its 4 pages
    -God can do as he pleases.
    -no.

evidence of christ?

http://thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html
    test
  14. AliceHouse

TheBigPayback... you make Islam sound like the correct religion, and Christianity sound like insanity.
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Not only would it be tedious to look at each contradiction in isolation, but it would be the wrong answer to your question, at least in the case of the Torah which is where most of the contradictions you posted come from.

The Documentary Hypothesis says the Torah is a combination of texts woven together from a number of sources written by different authors.

Documentary hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

If being tormented by a demon and having ur catholic uncle convince u ur a prophet sounds correct to you than by all means.
    test
  17. AliceHouse

Obviously it wasn't a demon, it was Gabrielle.

Jesus, on the other hand, and Job...
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

To argue contradictions of the torah being a muslim would be like
    arguing that tge book of mormon didnt come from a "alien" named moroni
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Moroni is an angel, not an alien.

And what the fuck are you replying to me with this shit for?
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

Obviously u havent studied muhammad encounters with much depth.

Matt 12:26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.