Why are the Wachowski brothers still moaning about...

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Look im Gangsta, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

...people 'ripping off' The Matrix. In particular, the much cummed over 'bullet time' effect.

I remember reading a few years back in some DVD magazine that they were upset with Max Payne's (PS2 Game) use of the effect. I'd have seen it as more of a positive than a negative myself in that it's paying homage, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I was some IMDB style site and came accross some fans bitching about it again, siding with the Wachowski brothers. They quoted a few lines from Silver (their equally ugly spokesman) with more bitching.

I mean, fair enough if you want something to remain exclusive to your movie because your a complete twat, then fine. I don't see them moaning about the token 'Keanu close up as he peels his face from the dusty floor, mouth dripping with blood' being whored by other actors and films alike though... Suprising since that probably accounts for 90% of the combined trilogy.

Anyway, if they wish to be twats about it, fair enough. But the dude who put the idea to them, needs to tell them he either used it already or jacked it, because when I see that roof top scene in the first Matrix, I think of Blade.
    test
  2. Look im Gangsta

Ow, I've just sumbled accross their IMDB and seen some threads like this, so I appologise if I'm a bit 94' about this.
    test
  3. 94 was the shit!

And wasn't The Matrix an initaily stolin concept to begin with?
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

Yeah, I just read about that too.

Some black woman.
    test
  5. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

word, theyre in no position to try to keep bullet time to themselves.

besides i cant take the wachowski brothers seriously after the third matrix.
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Coming from the guys who are getting sued for stealing the entire idea for The Matrix. lol
    test
  7. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

all they had to do was take a philosophy 101 course and their entire screenplay would be written after reading some descartes and some "brain in the vat" mumbo jumbo
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

bullet-time was done in hong-kong movies long before these stupid bastards stole it.
    test
  9. Superman70

Superman70 edited

I think they should be honored by others using something that they made popular.
    test
  10. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

Also, wasn't it Blade 1 before the Matrix???
    test
  11. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya and the first bullet time was a commercial back in the 80s i think?

that panoramic circle shot.

i remember them saying they were inspired by the slow motion done in the anime AKIRA
    test
  12. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Apparently parts of the Matrix greatly resmeble an anime called Ghost in the Shell. Its the comparison i usually hear anyways.
    test
  13. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

The Matrix sucked anyway...

*Neesch*
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

That was my point.
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

test
  16. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

dario argento.....

opera

"The shot is stunning: she peers through the peep-hole, the killer fires his gun, the bullet travels through the hole, strikes her in her right eye, exits from the back, pushing up her hair, and hits the phone several feet away. Daria then topples backward in slow motion and sprawls on the floor. Pure Argento."

[​IMG]

you actually see the bullet come out the chamber....through the barrel........shatters the glass of the peep hole....then goes in the bitches eye...comes out the back of the head all in slo-mo...and then hits the phone that the other bitch was gonna use to dial 911 at regular speed.....

godly

dario is the god
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.