Why am I so tired?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by XxLiLBuRnAxX, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I get no less than 8 hours of sleep tonight combined with my high protein diet and workout routine but every morning when I wake up I am SUPER tired. I can barely get out of bed and find myself fighting to keep my eyes open for the first 2 hours of the day and am still quite tired throughout the entire day.

Anyone else have this problem?
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I'm like this sometimes. And I know we were talking bout this last night Burna, but I think for me it's more during the winter months. The dark, cold, dreary weather just makes me somewhat sluggish.

Only possible other things i could think of is lack of essential vitamins, or mild case of depression.
    test
  3. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I get 8-10 hours every night.

usually I'm a big sluggish to get out of bed, but that's normal when you sleep as deep as I do.

not sure man..
    test
  4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

I had a wonderful essay written as a response to this last night but my internet went gay. Fucking faggot as computer. But anyway..

Obviously sleep is not a problem.. it seems as if you aren't OVER sleeping or simply, not getting enough.

So I'm going with what Steve said.. you diet might be inbalance.

NOTE: you need Microsoft Excel for this.
    http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/calorie_calculator.xls

Download that.. Use that calculator to see how your diet should be composed of. You mentioned something about your protein intake. Protein doesnt necessarily provide you with energy but it helps build muscle. Fat is stored energy and carbohydrates give you energy so you might want to increase your high quality carbs & fat. Complex carbohydrates like wheat bread ,brown rice, oats, nuts, pasta, potatoes will give you a boost in energy levels.

Fat is the body’s major source of energy storage. The recommended intake of total fat is less than 30% (25% preferred) of daily total calorie intake, but the kind of fat may be as important as the amount. Saturated fat increases the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Omega-3 fatty acids (a type of polyunsaturated fat), found in heart-healthy fish and other foods, are protective against CVD.

Saturated Fat:
    Recommendation: 7% or less of total calorie intake
    Food sources: fatty meat, poultry with skin, butter, whole-milk dairy foods, and coconut and palm oils

Monounsaturated Fat:
    Recommendation: 10% or greater of total calorie intake
    Food sources: nuts, seeds, canola and olive oils, avocado, and fish

Polyunsaturated Fat
    Recommendation: 10% or less of total calorie intake
    Food sources: fish, walnuts, flax seed & oil, and corn, soybean, sunflower, and safflower oil

Tip: Supplement gatorade for water when you work out. The electrolytes in gatorade replenishes you unlike water with doesnt contain electrolytes. Also the sugar in water will cause an insulin spike which will give you a short term energy boost.
    test
  5. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Do you hit the snooze button?
    test
  6. XxLiLBuRnAxX

I found my problem. I stayed the night at a hotel the othe night and I only slept for about 6 hours but I woke up feeling excellent. Jumped right out of bed and felt better than ever before. Wasnt tired at all the entire day.

It has to be my bed that kills my sleep quality and makes me super tired in the morning. Maybe its time for a new mattress.
    test
  7. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

could be stress, anxiety or depression. i used to have the same thing, but it was from depression. my friend died in a car crash with me. but i remember the doctor asking me questions. he said if you snore bad it can make you more tired in the morning.
    test
  8. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

^ That's interesting...

I hit 10.0 on the richter when I snore and I'm usually pretty tired lol.
    test
  9. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

stop jerking off so much..

and take Nutrex Vitrix
    test
  10. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Hmmmm I hadn't even thought of that. Funny you say that though because my mattress is a shoddy piece of shit. I'd prolly be better off sleeping on the floor.
    test
  11. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I wanna get one of Tony Little's new pillows

those things look seriously promising, and two for the price of like 60 bucks I think isn't bad.
    test
  12. XxLiLBuRnAxX

I'm looking into one of these new "sleep systems" beds. They seem to cost about the same as a normal mattress so I might give it a try. Anybody have any experience with them?
    test
  13. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

Yes. Around here we call it winter depression. Take more vitamins, and make sure not to oversleep either. See there's this "receptor" on the top of your head that correlates how much light you get to your mood and overall health. That's why in the winter, when it's darker, your maybe not in a such good mood. Science teacher told me that wayyyy back told me to stop wearing fitteds.
    test
  14. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Depression numbers peak in winter months. No light means increased production of melatonin which makes one sluggish, during the summer and such when you get sunlight your body prodcuces serotonin which does the opposite.
    test
  15. KING MACK

KING MACK New Member

get some b complexe 50 vitamins and a good multi.also take a protein shake a ZMA supp before bedtime.you'll love me for this
    test
  16. MagicDonJuan

yah thats why i wanna live on the virgin islands when im older.
    test
  17. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

All that sun will just make up skin age faster.

Sun= bad for you skin.

You better put on a bucket of sun block lotion with a SPF of like 30 on everyday.
    test
  18. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

question to the guy who made this thread:

do u get thirsty alot? - do u have to pee alot?

if so --- might be diabetes.
    test
  19. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

i thought i was a diabetic cause i had them symptoms. turned out i wasn't.
    test
  20. MagicDonJuan

Might be Anemia?
    and Purple Haze, then I'll do that I love the carribean its very beautiful and i love the sun.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.