WHut ELSE you clowns listen to....? Lets explore with the m age

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by THE m AGE, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

Ok, we all know how much some of you guys love sage francis and slug and whoever else rappin ass rapper. BUt I really want to know who likes OTHER shit...OUTSIDE OF HIPHOP, and what it is that U like.

for example, I love me some 50's soul. the manhattans, blue magic, teh delphonics, the shirelles.

I think evanescence is off the chain, as well as portishead.

and yea U catch me bumping madonna. and yes I am still gangsta.

I know CHi town loves to prance around his house bumpin princes" darlin nikki". you go boy.
    test
  2. CypherA

CypherA Member

Jazz....

Grant Green, Modern Jazz Quartet, Stanley Cowell, Thelonious Monk....

I'm 99% hip hop though
    test
  3. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

portishead is amazing. tricky, too. vivaldi, mozart, beethoven, scarlatti. toots and the maytals alot lately. zepplin, pink floyd, stones, beatles. fatboy slim, ltj bukem, gene farris, david bowie, lou reed, miles davis, duke ellington, louis armstrong, coltrane, hank williams, patsy cline, temtpations, arethra franklin, janis joplin, jimi hendrix, funk music!!! like funkaldelic, JB's, underground funk from 67-77 (I got the illest mixtapes of this shit, damn, optik1@hotmail.com if you want them, seriously worth the $5, he dj'ed teh breaking battle at scribble this year, you won't hear shit like that hardly every, he's a hardcore digger, or I'll make you copies of his two cd's if you send me an envelope with postage on it).
    test
  4. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

aww fuck I forgot my classical music!!! damn im sucha prick.

vivaldi is my shit, I also am into Faure. I think "Pavane" is one my favorites

phill I may get at you later for those mixes, that sounds good.

Oh, I also like the beatles, and Led zepplin is classic to me. Tori amos, tricki too....

anyone know who the sneaker pimps is?
    test
  5. phillipdrummond

I know sneaker pimps, I heard there last album was ill, ain't got it, though. you should peep death in vegas, that's some raw ill shit.
    test
  6. alpha/omega

alpha/omega New Member

Linkin Park (the GOAT in rock/rap), Evanacence, Three Days Grace, Metallica, Deftones, Brand New

........and yes Simple Plan...perfect and additted are the dopest singles i've heard in a while

<---- rock junkie...I love rock almost as much as hiphop now
    test
  7. dj jewhair

dj jewhair that crazy yid

beatles, bob dylan, a little modern jazz quartet, janis joplin, miles davis, bob marley, buju banton, roy ayers, james brown, gil scot heron, joe cocker, isaac hayes, man iono theres a grip.
    test
  8. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

is death in vegas a group or a track?
    test
  9. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

mayne.. I am am purley hip hop..

But I will listen too Krafty Kuts, Primus(possiblly the dopest band ever) Beatles..(luv it) Some dance sh!t..eg..Bob sinclair,carlcox,shorty blitz,.. I dont mind alil bit of breakbeat and dub, sometimes even a lil bit of Trip hop can be quite appropriate..

Oohh and my new room mate is a hip hop fan but he loves NOFX
    the punk band and they go aiight!!

oohh and the white stripes.. seventh nation army is the dopest baseline i have heard in a long time..
    but i wasnt really felling the rest of the album..

BUT im from australia.. and we have a band down here that is dope.. called Bumblebees they have a female lyricist who is mad and two Guitarists which one of them sings.. they are like into hip hop/breakbeat going 190 bpm's inspired Rock and funk.. worth checking out!!..

Do a search!!

PEACE
    test
  10. DaMayor

DaMayor Future of Hip-Hop

My love for R&B is right up there with Hip-Hop.
    test
  11. phillipdrummond

death in vegas is a group
    test
  12. QElizabeth

QElizabeth ahhh shaddup

What is this horseshit?! Talkin about other genres on a Hip Hop board? Pagans!

heh.
    test
  13. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

Qelizabeth you dont even holla at me no more and then you come over here and cover me with liquid SASSINESSs. ( pause). I will smite thee down!!

and dont front like you aint feeling portishead!
    test
  14. QElizabeth

QElizabeth ahhh shaddup

Please accept my most sincere apologies for being aloof. lol. I'll check out Portishead when I get home. Right now I'm feelin Goapele, Anita Baker, and Will Downing. The last 2 cds purchased were Fertile Ground and Mudvayne. I should be flogged for downloading more often than buying. Bad Girl!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.