Whos' the better VOCALIST??

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by MISSKEYdaQUEEN, Jun 14, 2005.

?

Who is better vocally...not musically or entertaning...I mean pure voice..

1. Brandy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Monica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Toni Braxton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mya

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Beyonce

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Alicia Keys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

It was either Toni or Alicia, and I went with Toni but A. Key's is damn close. She can SANG! ;o)

My vote would be Mariah tho if she was there....now she gives me goose bumps :D
    test
  2. Erata18

Erata18 New Member

itz kinda hard to compare all of their voices 2 gether... concerning range, yeh, alicia's range aint as big as toni braxtons, or beyonce's. But she uses what God gave her pretty damn well, if u ask me. Concerning purity of voice, I think if u listen closely to beyonce's cd, she has the best control over that, even when she reaches tha high notes... but its hard to decide cuz sumtimes the singers purposely make their voices sound scratchy and raw cuz it fits in wit the song they're singing, and it's a form of expression that they can turn on or off like a switch. Brandy and Monica are two singers that r on tha same level... they both got different voices, but their skills r about tha same (remember "The Boy Is Mine?) As for Mya, i dunno bout y'all, but i find it hard to compare her voice to tha others, cuz she has a high, thin voice... she's aight if u like dem sweet songs. Pretty much all of them r ok.... but my first votes go 2 Alicia and Beyonce.
    test
  3. deselina

deselina devine defined

mariah carey & whitney houston.

from your list i would have to say alicia keys because she's so versatile.
    test
  4. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

you guys gotta remember, I left the REAL REAL singers out due to level of talent
    test
  5. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

Mya can sing you fuck boy (who ever said she can't sing)

but outta that list....Monica got the best voice. I can't believe yall would take Alicia Keys voice over Monica's...what is that? Have yall heard Monica sing?

Misty Blue
    Angel Of Mine
    Inside
    For You I Will
    Tell Me If You Still Care
    Why I Love You So Much
    Slow Jams

Maybe yall forgot since her most recent album wasn't jammin like it was supposed to...but yall gotta be smoking crack to think Alicia Keys can hold two candles against Monica in terms of voice. I aint sayin she can't sing Im just saying if Monica had better individual albums it wouldn't be a question. You'd already know what da bizness iz
    test
  6. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I wanted to say it but..hey..

The people are speaking...lol!
    test
  7. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

Neither. Keys has great song writing skillz but her vocal skillz ain't all that.

Imperial1
    test
  8. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

vote = monica...as long as we can rely on her older material for evidence, the new monica...the one that tried to flow on that one song...not so much.
    test
  9. deselina

deselina devine defined

alicia keys now > monica now.
    test
  10. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

Outta those, i would have to go with Monica.
    test
  11. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Remember when Brandy and Monica had their little rivalry going on in the mid to late '90s?

Technically, it was Aaliyah, Brandy, and Monica because they were all teens at the time... but Brandy and Monica's competition seemed to be a bit more fierce. They had beef over the "Boy Is Mine" video when Brandy stuck her finger in Monica's face.

Monica has always been the better singer... but whatever happened to Tracie Spencer? She crushes that entire list.

test
  12. therealestthang

therealestthang New Member

WOW JUST WOW TONi sounds way..................WAY better than Brandy have ya'll forgot breathe again Love shoulda brought you home and countless others Monica is first on the list though she is consistent. Than toni, than beyonce and alicia keys are kinda tied than brandy than mya I don't know what ya'll thinkin with brandy thinkin the theme song to moesha gtfooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
  13. Novaman: RaWKiLLa

Novaman: RaWKiLLa New Member

For me its a tie between Toni and Monica. They're flat out pure and sheer vocalist. Nice quality voices, tone, phrasing, and style. I think they definately have a unique style to their singing that is enjoyable, that you really can never get tired of. I say Toni because she's the more seasoned and professional singer. Monica cause she's in the same vain as Frankie Lymon and Michael Jackson (young kids with big voices).

The Why Not's:
    1) Alicia Keys-- She has beautiful voice and vocally is able to interpret the feelings and emotions in her song. But she could never top Toni or Monica vocally. Plus if she wasn't an exceptional pianist and songwriter I don't think she would be that big as she is.

2) Beyonce'-- Everyone knows that Beyonce can blow, but she does to many dang on runs!! She depends more on vocal tricks than her actual vocals. Plus she sings too well to be singing the crap she recently been singing.

3) Mya and Brandy-- Their average, maybe on occasion slightly. They have very limited voices. they just couldn't sing anything. Mya has a nice sexy-sulrty cry-like voice. Brandy has the average black girl who can sing voice.
    test
  14. Novaman: RaWKiLLa

Novaman: RaWKiLLa New Member

For me its a tie between Toni and Monica. They're flat out pure and sheer vocalist. Nice quality voices, tone, phrasing, and style. I think they definately have a unique style to their singing that is enjoyable, that you really can never get tired of. I say Toni because she's the more seasoned and professional singer. Monica cause she's in the same vain as Frankie Lymon and Michael Jackson (young kids with big voices).

The Why Not's:
    1) Alicia Keys-- She has beautiful voice and vocally is able to interpret the feelings and emotions in her song. But she could never top Toni or Monica vocally. Plus if she wasn't an exceptional pianist and songwriter I don't think she would be that big as she is.

2) Beyonce'-- Everyone knows that Beyonce can blow, but she does to many dang on runs!! She depends more on vocal tricks than her actual vocals. Plus she sings too well to be singing the crap she recently been singing.

3) Mya and Brandy-- Their average, maybe on occasion slightly above it. They have very limited voices. they just couldn't sing anything. Mya has a nice sexy-sulrty cry-like voice. Brandy has the average black girl who can sing voice but she always get people who can write real well.
    test
  15. DMH.

DMH. The G.O.D.

Alicia Keys easily, she is the most talented overall out of all those choices.
    test
  16. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

Toni, I love her voice.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.