Whos next? Jonny bones!!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by jayoo, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

all day every day, whos next?
    test
  2. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

the fucking fireball kid

woooo

[​IMG]
    test
  3. jayoo

gomi surprised me, i picked griffin cant lie.. whats funny is one my boys made a comment about how little gomi looked compared to tyson about 5 seconds before he laid em out

fuck gomi though at the end of the day JONNY BONES IS WHAT ITS ABOUT

even better when he asked for tougher competition in his interview, lets go

im callin... thiago silva

i wanna say bader too but being their both rising respectively fast i think they'd hold that off for like a contender fight, their both future contenders at 205, no reason to send one back down the ladder yet, my friends lean more toward rich franklin, new to 205 beat liddell but still has to solidify he belongs there and lets be real i personally dont think the ufc is considering franklin as a future 205 champion as deep as the pool goes, feed em to jonny

ps: didnt remember makin this, drank to much last night lol
    test
  4. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

thiago silva is injured i think. he just pulled out the ufc 117 card

im thinking forrest griffin
    test
  5. The Nonpareil

The Nonpareil What about me?

^that's my guess. I'd almost put money on jones-griffin in december. Thinking of all the schedules I can off the top, it's the only one I see unless he gets someone that isn't at the top or someone does a quick turnaround.

I like the sound of bones-machida the most.
    test
  6. murda bay

murda bay New Member

i wanna c jones-evans cuz i wanna c evens get his ass whooped...but he'll just run anyways
    test
  7. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

give him anyone who wont let him get a mount and drop elbows right away

its like jones had the same fight 3 times in a row lol
    test
  8. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

^Thought the same shit.

I'd like to see him fight someone with a great sprawl and better stand-up. Someone Liddell-esque.
    test
  9. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

in b4 gomi = ufc lightweight champion
    test
  10. murda bay

murda bay New Member

if that happens he'll probably just knock em out standin up...most of his fights go to the ground cuz no one wants to stand with him
    test
  11. jayoo

^agreed, thing is people are making the mistake right there.. he is creative as fuck, so hes dangerous standing because you never know whats coming, he could easily catch you with a spinning backfist, his fake takedown/elbow, kicks from all angles.. but when it comes to being technical with his hands, i dont think hes there yet... lets remember 1 thing, which is also a testament to the true talent he is.. when he fought gusmao, he had a 3 round standing fight with absolutely no REAL standup training, im sure he trained it in cortland but they didnt have a specific boxing or muay thai coach, they just trained him best they could, he admitted to picking up standup moves from youtube and just practicing them himself.. so in reality, standup should be the place to stop him, the creativity though scares a lot of people.. and the longer hes at jacksons camp the more formal standup training he's getting from the likes of phil nurse and others, so now their pulling together that natural talent he had an its gonna be serious
    test
  12. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

jonny needs to face franklin or luiz cane, maybe little nog
    test
  13. The Nonpareil

Prime liddell vs jones would've been a very interesting matchup. Liddell always had great takedown defense and was probably the best ever at getting back to his feet, but that was mostly against shooters. Jones grabs and ragdolls people or trips them and immediately starts with the elbows. I almost want to call him a genius for being one of the first guys to really figure out how to exploit the effectiveness of overwhelming elbows.

Jones has technical striking flaws due to his greeness, but lucky for him this isn't boxing or k1, so I doubt he'd be overwhelmed by anyone but Anderson.
    test
  14. The Nonpareil

Too bad the snake isn't a little more well known.

i'd pick jones, but it'd be an interesting fight.
    test
  15. murda bay

murda bay New Member

elbow gotta b the most effective weapon cuz stand or on the ground they r effective...and even if u hit all arms from bein blocked...its only a matter of time b4 u break
    test
  16. jayoo

imagine if he was in strikeforce... his last 3 fights would have had to go completely different lol no elbows to a downed opponent
    test
  17. mellance

mellance New Member

Stop smoking crack.
    test
  18. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

oh the irony!
    test
  19. mellance

mellance New Member

penn is gonna fuck up edgars life like he did florian and sanzhez and every other lightweight before them, and if Penn ever faced Gomi again he would fuck up his life AGAIN like he did back in 03 and if Aoki is ever dumb enough to climb in the octagon against Penn he'll get fucking massacered too.

gomi gets a lucky knockout against a fucking lay and pray piece of shit wrrestler and all of a sudden everyone has forgotten how florian fucked him in all three holes just a couple of months ago and made him look like a fucking amateur.
    test
  20. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Same camp, they won't fight. I'd liked to have seen that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.