Whos In and Whos Out

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by eM-T, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

maybe just who's in.... lol (MOD, can you replace this with old skicky please)

To those (if any) who don't know what the list is about; The following poets have agreed that, when one of us gives feedback, we will return the favor, giving them priority over the other random feed that I know all these poets are going to dish anyway. I am going to return the love to anyone who hits my poems, whether they are on this below list of not. (However this is not required) It is also not encouraged to ONLY respond to those on the list. We are simply showing each other respect by giving each other priority. I will also add that this is an attempt to smother one line responces. Anyone who wants a pat on the back, you just post a seperate thread and I will do so with EVERY poem you post. (I care)

This is the list so far...

Realms
    Mind~Soul
    Poet X
    UFO the Pheonix
    Absolute Zero
    Screamer -(i think that was a yes)
    Poeticz
    Madnick
    Philly 215
    Brit Boi Gee -(i think that was an.. okay sure I guess)
    Em-T
    MisterEThoughts

-If anyone wants in OR out, just sign in here and I will update the list

(Okay Poets, I am pretty serious about this, especially to those who did take the time to read my thread & sign in. I know its not pratical for some of you to have a list of the poets always around (those who access the internet from work and such), but that is what I have already done. (plus I am lazy and don't want to go into this tread between responces because I can't remember the hole list.) I am also going to put on my responce at the end with my name (to those of you on the list) *MOPIF. This is just to make it easier to know when to respond to someone, especially if this continues to catch on and new members are signing up. So I will encourage it from everyone if its not to much of a hassle, if anyone doesn't like this idea, just let me know and we can drop it. I thought it might simplify things for keeping track of joining members (so we are not always having to come in and out of here to forfill something that become what feels like an obligation.) Maybe it will also prevent some signouts, and keep things moving. Of coarse I will still be on the look for those who dont care to do it or forget. Thats all guys. Lets see how it goes.

- eM-T

*MOPIF

p.s. I stole UFO's little catch phrase so MOPIF = Member Of Pay It Forward.
    test
  2. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

lol, honest opinion I think this is too much. I guess I misunderstood from the jump. Thing is, I give actual feedback, but maybe not to every piece on the front page. I'll do as I can but I'm not going to go out of my way. I don't expect that from anyone. I know what the purpose of this is, and I wasn't implying what I just said previously to that. Just stating how I feel about it.
    test
  3. Poet x

Poet x a ploy at being human...

I want in
    test
  4. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

okay realms.. I am going to assume this means you are out.
    (Im not sure why it would be going out of your way if you already give feedback to people. Its just trying to get people back. Its like when a friend buys you a coffee or something.. I PERSONALLY like to get them back. Show them its appreciated. Anyway no worries.)

also to clarify... we dont have to respond to EVERY peice by EVERY poet on the list. The idea of more like... keep it even. If they get at your peice just try and do the same. Not trying to stress people out. The concept is push and they push back.. if they see you dont want to push they will do the same. If we want to get churchy.. treat others how you want to be treated. What goes around comes around. Whatever. But its cool. Some people dont have the time and I CERTAINLY think that we should be getting at the new poets too.

Poet X - Glad you are in.
    test
  5. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

oh ah ahhh, you can't just knock me off like that. Put my name back I didn't say I wanted out lol. Going out of my way, I mean gettin back at that person's piece right that instant. My replies wouldn't be that dedicated then as they are now. I don't know, I just tend to be open when giving feedback, that's all. Eh- I see what you mean though. Should I just put MOPIF in my sig or something lol because I know I won't remember to do it each time. Hit me back-
    test
  6. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

haha. YOUR BACK ON!!!

but now your at the bottom of the list ohhhhhhh haha. I know how sad.

yea.. this isnt like.. some anal club realms. In your online you are not required to go get everyone right then. If you had some time for feed and was planning to give it anyway.. then that is the time. I know people got jobs, can only get online on weekdays, etc. No worries. And if you dont get at them by the time their peice falls of the page, get at the next one. I don't want anal. Basically I want this concept to catch on in such a way that it is no longer existant. Its a concept now because of sleepers. I want to get rid of sleeping. If there is none. There is no M'sOPIF.

also yea... it would be cool if you could put MOPIF there. The other reason I wanted that is so, if it catches on, there are going to be mad people, all with this MOPIF. Once that is scattered in the realm, I will change the sticky to MOPIF. This way, when people start to see all of these people with that, they can look it up and see what its all about. Attract new poets and shit... keep the list growing.

Maybe all of us should just to put MOPIF in our permanent signature. Maybe the very top right hand side. Like a universal place. Just an idea to spread the word without talking about it. What does everyone else think?? (on the list of not)
    test
  7. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

- oh yea.. and realms I am glad you are back on. I was sad when I thought you wanted to go. Hence my long winded explination haha : )
    test
  8. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

Oh, I am in! Now, I see my name.... HEH!
    test
  9. MANchyld

MANchyld Guest

this must be a realm list to not have me on it

eehhh
    test
  10. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

we shouldnt need this....
    but when i got more time to post what ive been writing in my at home notebooks(i like what i got in there,real emotional)
    i wont forget to check out yall....

we just got to keep the plan in motion,
    test
  11. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

hahaha

I like this concept.....brings a more tight poet workshop pulling together the real heads who give in depth feedback and we can continue to improve each other

without the cats on that list there would be no Realm

you know I'm down

MOPIF......woooord up

^should we use that in each of our replys *MOPIF*....so those on the inside can be sure to always respone first to the MOPIF cats the rest will get left over replys...lol....not hating just keeping it real why waste my time breaking down poets work if they never gonna do the same for me....blah
    test
  12. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

^ word UFO.. and not only will they not do the same for you, they won't do it for anyone. That is where the real problem lies. They take but don't give. So yea, that doesn't mean we should shun them by all means. I would like to encourage them, but yes.. left over replys should be directed at them and not your fellow M'sOPIF.

-I was hoping everyone can just change, or rather ADD to their signature (upper right hand corner) *MOPIF This will keep people from having to remember it everytime for certain poets. It will also make it so poets aren't constantly having to check new members.

(MODs thank you sooo much for all your support with this idea)

-Eloquent, your right man. Shouldnt be this way, and if this picks up, it will become an implicit rule of the realm (show respect) and then we can pretend it never had to be jump started. Until then, serious poets got to do what they do.

MANchyld- If you want in your in (assuming you post in the realm) This isn't about taking only talet. Talent is all perspective. Simply coming to an agreement with some other poets to try and show support. This is the War on Sleepers, and its for real. lol.

****EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO GIVE IDEAS. SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT ETC*****

MOPIF* is democratic, so lets her some voices if you guys got em'.

Also guys, I have been crazy busy with my finals. Tonight is my first breath of fresh air all week so I will be hitting people up like crazy tonight (as opposed to my here and theres as time permitted). Until then....
    test
  13. UFO the Phoenix

^Speaking of Finals I will be MIA for a week or 2

I'll be here to host the SLAM and to Respone with a final rebuttle to Mind $oul

but other then that I will be gone

sorry.....finals is killing me

but you know I'm down for this MOPIF
    test
  14. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

No worries man, Im right there in the shit with you. All I did today was Math. You know how hard it is to have a normal convestation after nothing but numbers going through your head. People think I am crazy. Correction.... more crazy
    test
  15. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

I don't really support the realm because the people there don't really support the poet tree

so it's a waste of my time. I keep to the poet tree and that's where my time is spent when poetry is concerned. people there are slept on because they are sleepers to the site as a whole. I don't post in the realm, but I respect the idea that a place is needed to just post poems freely.

Talent wise, I don't really need to speak on it. if you know me, you know I'm skilled with writing and that includes poetry, stories and lyrics. I noticed this is a realm list because it doesn't include many people in poet tree who have helped make this forum (poetique intercourse and the poet tree stronger, which is why I stay out the realm. it's already segregated even though it's a subforum for the realm, which it shouldn't be
    test
  16. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

but isn't that their choice not to simply click and come over ?
    test
  17. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

thank you for the feed Gully. To be honest, I have never really been in the Poet Tree either. I don't have a lot of time to spend on the internet. So when I can, I am trying to feed in the realm since it is the only place I post. I don't know how things are in Poet Tree, but I think now I am going to at least check it out. And yeah... this list is pretty much biased towards the realm at this point, I guess because I didn't realize there were people who only posted in poet tree. Glad you filled me in. Think I will check that out now.
    test
  18. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

I try to get to everybody that gets to me ....but sometimes, I mean ...Post's slip away and you never get the chance....You know?

But I guess I'm in for the basic's of it ....

You got me, I got you ...Ya know ..
    test
  19. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I just can't believe I'm reading this. Espeically coming from you man. You know I can easily say I dont support the Poet Tree because they dont really show support to the realm. The only regulars in the PT I see posting in the Realm on a regular basis is Elouqent Poet, LthGd(Madnick), Philly 215, and Absolute Zero. It shouldn't be about that man.

I can easily say I dont spend time in the PT because I'ma mod in the realm and that's where my time is spent when poetry is concerned. You got to remember that the Realm was allnakey's and my idea. Mainly allnakey. He ended up leaving because he didnt like the way it was turning out. You got to remember those people in the realm that dont post in the PT are mostly those same people who didnt want the PT to happen in the first place. Not everybody was too fond of having a "battle poetry league" as some may say. Not everybody was liked being told what to write. You can ask Feme Sole about that. And like Em-T said, most people just dont have the time to spend on the internet. So when they come to read some poetry they come straight to the realm.

If you have a problem with people not coming into the PT. Then bring people to the place. Dont sit back and complain about it. Do what UFO did to the realm. Go out and search for some people to join and support. Hell you talk about the PT people helped make the Intercourse stronger but all I see is regulars in the realm in there making threads when it comes to problems. I dont see you making any threads talking about the improvement of the PT. I see other people talking about it in the Enquirers you guys have there but I rarely see anybody taking in actions when it comes to it. I'm in the PT all the time peeping the battles. I read the complaint and beef thread. Hell I got the 3rd reply in that thread. The only thing you people seem to change in there is the voting rules and the due dates. That's it.

As for me I simply dont post there because I never really could get into it. I joined under a different name and everything. It just wasnt for me. That's why I got other people to mod it...including you because I knew I was going to be there more than me.

And as far as that list go. Yeah majority of the list is from people in the realm. I think the reason why there is no regulars from the PT on there besides madnick and philly because you people have made it a point not to post in the realm. So why would you sign your name on the list if you already plan on not posting in there?

It's more than about which section supports who man. Dont even take it there. We're not obligated to nothing around here.

But as far as that list go. Em-t, you can take me off. Because hell, i'm still replying the same way I've been doing. From the bottom up. Gettin whatever piece I didnt reply to.

I guess I was breaking the rules lol
    test
  20. UFO the Phoenix

^breaking the rules in a good way

I feel you man.....the PT board hasnt changed and its got its own problems that just seem to keep building and nothings being done to solve it....one of the reason I dropped out

but yeah the Realm has become a workshop for us poets.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.