Who's better? Kanye? or Just Blaze?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Sikknezz01, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

that was over a year ago.....

church for thugs got no airplay here.... (even though it prob. should)

so he needs to step up....

So I might have to change my vote to kanye because just blaze has not did anything of worth in the past year.
    test
  2. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

man so many ignorant post. and some good ones. the biggest one was the main thread starter. ••••• wtf is you thinkin? dynasty album??????? just blaze murdered that fucking album. just like you need to be murdered for those ignorant statements.

anyways.. kanye is wack... str8 up. he had some hot shit on hard knock life and blueprint. than fell off..

@medicinal. that was a dumb statement homey. so because he hasnt had a hit single in year that means what? absolutely nothing... if you notice everyone follows the trends and it follows from producer to producer. like neptunes had a run, then kanye, then lil jon, now its JD.. but what i like is justblaze is still on everyones album with heaters.. you cant judge a producer by number 1 singles. its way to much involved inthat.
    test
  3. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Just Blaze. Though Kanye is closing the gap.
    test
  4. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

it does...for me...maybe not you, if you are saying who is better right now.... not last year or two years ago or three years ago. eg. Timbaland is my favorite/I think the best producer at his hottest moments, but if you ask me who is the best producer now.... I would not say timbaland because his work is not saying it is ...right now.... and the neptunes been on a run for 5 years.... and I agree everyone jumps to the hot producer but he has not even had a decent amount of top 100 hits....if he even had a top 100 hit in the last year. Just blaze is the man but I can not excuse his last top 100 hit is over a year ago and he then in the same breath say he is better than kanye. I think he is more talented than kanye but maybe Kanye is the better producer today at this moment.... but it may change.

Question: Other than the Game's album, what other albums has he been on? no mixtapes, saigon etc....
    test
  5. Civilian2004

Civilian2004 New Member

personal opinion: just blaze is easily killing kanye in the beat department. im sorry, but i dislike almost every beat kanye's done for himself. he in no way, shape or form, saves all the best ish for himself, cuz most of em suck. he's at his best when he does a beat for jay.
    test
  6. Premize Prod

thats still dumb logic. how hot the producer is has NOTHING to do whether it becomes a number one single. you dont know much about how things work i can see. so ifi sick ass beats and produce well... and put it on an album... so they dont make it a single. and they make d4l a hit single.. then the d4l producer is better? come on. man. you need to to think about what your saying. hit singles are in control of the label/promotion team.

anyways i hope your not asking what albums justblaze is on. there is just to many to name. he is on EVERYONES album.. literally from TI to usher to hell everybody. just pic up a CD
    test
  7. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Just is also on the Talib album, didn't that drop early this year or late last year?
    test
  8. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

My post.... That right there is my post, fuck typing lol
    test
  9. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Just Blaze makes better beats to me. But the songs, unless Jay-Z did them, are forgettable. It may be because Kanye raps, but right now Kanye has classics of his own. Blaze has probally worked with more artists actually, but the only cat that really makes shit people remember in a year is Kanye.

Breath and Its the Incredible are some of the nasties beats in their year, but now I have to struggle to even remember the names of the songs or who recorded them.
    test
  10. Mr. sickVisionz

If someone wants you to produce a single for them and that single performs badly compared to another one they did from a different cat, i'd say you failed as a producer on that one. If you're there just to make an album cut and it turns out they wanna push it as a single and that song fails, then I can say you didn't mess up as a producer.

A producer shouldn't have to make hits, he should just have to make good music. But at the same time if you don't have a history of hits, people certainly won't bring your name up when they're trying to make a hit song.
    test
  11. Premize Prod

a performance of a single has nothing to do with the producer. unless we takling about name. look at fucking d4l. its alot more than that involved in getting a single airplay and what not. do some research. your not making sense man.
    test
  12. Mr. sickVisionz

Producers are more than beat makers. They are in charge of the whole thing. Assuming two songs were designed to be singles and are promoted equally, the one that does poorly is the producer's fault. You're like a director. If the actor gives you a horribile take, either make him reshoot it or consider recasting. If you role with a rapper who really is making a shitty ass song and you just sit there like the shit is hot, you're failing at making a good song. A producer is not a beat maker. You can't apply the rules of one to the other. Yeah, a beat maker just has to do a hot beat. If the beat is hot, he's totally done with his part and you can't blame him for it. But a producer has to make songs. Your goal is the overall song. If the song does poor or is unliked, you failed at your goal. Congrats, you made the best music nobody wants to hear.

About D4L:
    Now off the rip, i'm not fans of these cats or cats like them. I don't feel them, but you guys gotta understand the difference shit being bad and shit being something that you don't feel. You may think the D4L shit is wack, but paying customers and music buyers (ie the only ones that matter) don't think that and they request the shit like crazy and buy enough copies of the single to make it in the Top 10 selling single in the country. We don't make music for other musicians. They're not the core audience. And really, if you wanna make music for yourself, stay in the bedroom cranking out shit thats only for play in your car. If you're trying to make a living off of this, understand that the general public is your #1 customer/judge. If they like it, they buy it.
    test
  13. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

usher, You know how old that album is(1.5+ years ago), TI over a year. Talib over a year, I am not only talking about singles, album cuts too. He dont even have that many album cuts in the last year. Everyones album.... All I can think about is the Game's and Fat Joe that are worth mentioning.

I know hit singles are in control of the label and promotion team. however, if he had the hottest song/songs on an album, dont you think at least a couple would become singles? eg. Fabolous Breathe. Artist dont go to just blaze for an expensive album cut, they want a potential single.
    test
  14. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

yall is some hatin dudes, talkin bout kanye is wack. No.... Just uses breaks and samples too, wtf. He Just chops more.
    test
  15. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

well said.

There is a difference between something you dont like and it being bad.

If you are in the music business, in a way, your goal is to make music that will help sell a cd. Obviously good music sells, however Just blaze is in a position with the neptunes, kanye, lil john, dr. Dre and maybe a few more...where artist go to them for Singles, not album cuts so I rate these artist based on singles. When they say a producer had a great year eg. JD this year, its not because they had great album cuts....its due to there singles.
    test
  16. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

btw... they have different styles. Just shit is much more hype, and gutter than Kanye.
    test
  17. Soul Theory

Soul Theory New Member

All I gotta say is GoldDigger is the wackest shit I ever heard
    test
  18. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

kanye is really really underrated. to me they are about equal blaze might be a lil better but he has more time to work on beats than kanye.
    test
  19. Sikknezz01

Sikknezz01 ^would fuck IceLaFox raw

yet that single sold more, and got more airplay than any single Just Blaze has ever produced.
    test
  20. Sikknezz01

Sikknezz01 ^would fuck IceLaFox raw

^this is real talk

cats only like Just Blaze coz it's the "cool" thing to do. Just coz he showed up at a few seminars and name dropped a couple underground artists.. all of a sudden everyone is on his nuts.

Kanye on the other hand gets a lot of hate coz he's more outgoing and says a lot of shit that offends people. But judging STRICTLY off music. Track for track, Kanye is shittin on Just Blaze. I don't care what anyone says
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.