Who's better? Kanye? or Just Blaze?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Sikknezz01, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

Just Blaze

but both are dope as fuck

turn my music high, high, high, high...yer....
    test
  2. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

just blaze FO SHO
    test
  3. Dj Streetsz

Dj Streetsz New Member

Kanye is a better producer, Just Blaze is the better beatmaker
    test
  4. Nucklz

Nucklz Loud Enuff Productions

k, let me state one thing the beats on those "classic" cds as u call them is not even what made them good, Common-Be the main thing that made this album succesfull, was COMMON, its the artist not the beats that make an album classic... you could have Just Blaze, Dre, Timbo, Kanye all put their best beats on a Cd but have a wack rapper over top and does that mean tyhe album is classic?? hell no.... Just Blaze is wayy better than Kanye with beats, kanye does come with a couple hot ones, like Cam'ron - Down and out, but overall his beats are usually fairly similar, one or two loops sped up, with a similar drum pattern... Just Blaze comes fairly different on EVERY track... he is more creative with samples, and comes out with an overall hotter beat, and when i say this its not just my opinion, in some cases i think Kanye comes better than just blaze, but it still doesnt mean the overall arrangment n shit on Just Blazes isnt better...
    test
  5. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

Just is a GOD. hes insane. he also dropped out of college to pursue music. dude is nasty.
    test
  6. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

word just layers more/ uses more than one sample for each song. kanyes drums do change tho.
    test
  7. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

I fuck with Just Blaze more, he makes a hotter beat
    Ill be honest, Kanye HAS made more singles n classics but c'mon now man
    Pump It Up? Song Cry? Touch The Sky? Breathe? Church For Thugs? December 4th? PSA? What We Do? You Dont Know? Bread And Butter? Flipside? Round Here?

None of those are beats Kanye could fuck with...point blank, and thats just off the top of my head, but i can agree and say Kanye can sit there and help with the entire creative process and make a more successful album but he also has his time in the spotlight so whatever he makes gets treated like gold anyways
    All around I think Kanye has taken the steps towards more recognition which equals more money, more singles, more albums, etc... but Blaze still makes the better beat at the end of the day
    test
  8. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

And i forgot Oh Boy the camron joint, as well as Free for Freeway and fuggin Throwback for Usher (arguably one of blazes' best beats ever)

and Note how many of those were hits to, so dont doubt blaze makes hits
    and if Saigons album drops....well i wont be surprised if it flops, but i respect Blaze for pickin someone who is definitely real, and is completely about his as his first signee and not a safe bet although sai is a pretty safe bet for the streets its just wether hes gonna come with that single (NOTE: blaze better pull the keyboard out for that single on some flipside sheit)
    test
  9. kojo

kojo New Member

i think the best beats on Kanye's late registration werent even by him, 'touch the sky' was done by just blaze and 'diamonds' was done by his cousin. Just blaze can nail the keys just as well as he can sample so technical skills wise he is the better one. without having other cats help like that jon brion cat, i doubt kanye can compose saigon's 'letter p (HBO piano/organs version)' S.A.S 'fly boys' freeway's 'full effect' or big puns 'off wit his head'.
    test
  10. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

just blaze.

breathe, song cry, I really mean it, oh boy, welcome to ny city, u don't know, hovi baby, soon u'll understand, good times

just blaze is just more versatile to me, he can compose, he can make a REAL club banger, I like his mixing better (ok even tho he might not mix his shit Im sure he has a say in it), I like his drum patterns more, and the way he flips samples...and he's nasty on the scratching aswell.

don't get me wrong kanye got some dope shit too..but I just don't feel some of his shit like just blazes.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

kanye makes songs.......just makes HEATERS....

big difference.....

theres a difference from a kanye track and saying....yea thats a dope song....

and then i hear a just blaze track....and i go...HOLY SHIT THAT BEAT IS FUCKIN REDICULOUS...

im with just.........when i hear his shit...i go bananas.......i hear Kanye's shit.......i enjoy it.....but i dont go bananas....
    test
  12. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I think they both dope...but what was the last just blaze hit?

I think just blaze is the better beatmaker but he need to step his game up
    test
  13. Streetwize

Streetwize beats for life ya'll

diplomats - i really mean it

says it all really
    test
  14. Question Me

Question Me Aktivist Productions

word for word what i was going to say
    cosigned
    test
  15. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I agree with Liquid

however, if you a producer's producer....that does not do anything for the producer... because your in an industry to sell songs at the end of the day
    test
  16. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

play a kanye joint in a club and get laughed at...shit i didnt even hear ludas kanye single in the club much..jsut blaze can just flat out make a fuckin banger like now other..kanye to me is a flash in the hiphop pan while blaze will be around for ever and become the next premo or dre IMO...dude has the potential to be the next godafther of production..especially if sai's shit comes out as hot as people think it will...that cud be the next illmatic...

on yeh and blazes work on freeways lp shits on kanyes existence...
    test
  17. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Yeah I always say that Just is much more versatile than Kanye.

To me...the fact that Kanye raps and is always visible makes his overall value greater than Just Blaze's, and many people translate that to feelin as if Kanye is a better producer. He has a bigger name than Just, and he's much more of an icon. I see it as if there are only a few things I've heard from Kanye that I could never see Just doin...but a whole lot of things Just has done that I could never see Kanye doin.

I'd break it down like this personally...
    Just vs. Kanye
    Club bangers - Just (by a lot)
    Slow emotional tracks - Almost tie....but Kanye by a little
    Overall finished product of songs - Kanye
    Versatility - Just
    Use of samples - Just by a little, but I gotta hear more of the original songs they both used. Kanye has some beats where barely anything was done, like "Summer Jam" for 213.
    Non-sampled beats - Just, by a lot

As far as productivity and overall efficiency, I might give that to Kanye too. But overall...Kanye is the bigger icon since he's a rapper and much more of a personality, but as a producer, I'd give it to Just.
    test
  18. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

just blaze didnt make good times.
    test
  19. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

WHat was just blaze last hit?
    test
  20. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

id say the biggest most played joint was breathe