whore, skank, bitch, slut, heffer

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Shit with corn in it IRM'S BITCH, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. do these words need to go?

are these words a true reflection of some women?

do these words unfairly problematise a woman's sexuality?
    test
  2. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

hell yes i love women but hell yes some of them act just like that.
    test
  3. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

no those words dont need to go.
    test
  4. ~S*T*A*R*M~

~S*T*A*R*M~ Goddess

Hey BBG =) What's crackin'?

I think they are a reflection of anyone, man or woman... they're judgments just the same.

What do you mean by "unfairly problematise?"
    test
  5. Whats' up Starm?

What I mean is, these words such, as "slut" and "whore" only work in relation to women. Infact, if they are aimed at men then they become ridiculous terms. Why? Is it because men cannot physically act like sluts or whores? Or is it because women are "sluts" and "whores" by definition and they just simply cannot escape these terms?

It's interesting that you said these terms were a reflection of a man or woman. While I think you are right with this personal view and it makes sense, I actually believe that the opposite is happening out there in the world. Women are still being defined for better or worse because of their sexuality. I think that these words often write women off. If a woman is a known "slut" how does she overcome this or escape that label and how can it ever have a positive effect on her life?

Judging a woman for her sexual choices has often played into the hands of men. A woman is deranked to used goods, while the man that uses her is at best praised, and at worst forgotten.
    test
  6. ~S*T*A*R*M~

~S*T*A*R*M~ Goddess

Okay, before I reply, can you define what each of those words mean to you?
    test
  7. Okay. A "whore" or "slut" is a woman who is seen to "wrongly" engage in promiscuous sexual intercourse.
    test
  8. ~S*T*A*R*M~

~S*T*A*R*M~ Goddess

"Wrongly" meaning out of wedlock?
    test
  9. I guess that is part of it, in the traditional sense at least.

However, these days, a woman isn't just a slut or whore because she is not married. She's a slut if she decides to sleep around casually and have a fair few partners or sell her sex for cash.
    test
  10. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I think someone is a whore or a slut if s/he has sex for the wrong reasons. If someone has sex to attempt to trap/get a mate then that person is a slut/whore. Essentially that person would subconsciously or consciously admitting that sex is the only thing that s/he has to offer.
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

If derogatory terms for women need to go, then so do derogatory terms for men, you one-sided bastard.
    test
  12. way to miss the point as usual

there are no derogatory terms for men when it comes to sexuality
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Stud... that's a male animal used strictly for breeding... it's derogatory and degrading.
    test
  14. 2 days and all you can come up with is "stud" which is by and large seen as a compliment towards men

if a woman called you a stud (which she wouldn't, but bare with a brother) then you would be puffin out ya chest
    test
  15. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

women call men dogs
    test
  16. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

^is that not supposed to be derogatory?
    test
  17. test
  18. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^^Man-whore...some guys don't care one way or the other if they're being called that but I used to use the other term instead...fired this one guy right up.
    test
  19. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

And I agree, so I don't think those words should "go." People use them out of context a lot most times but there ARE females out here who are the definition to some of these words. & they have no shame in it from the looks of things. Does it make it right to call them such a word?? No...but if you don't respect yourself...well, you will have a hard time getting it from others.
    test
  20. imo there is a big difference between a "man-whore" and a woman who is said to be a whore, as the second has a much harsher judgement attached and worse social implications. Infact, I would argue that calling a guy a whore has virtually no power at all, and doesn't even mean anything.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.