Whoevers voting in the GRB is absolutely retarded

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Hibernation, Sep 7, 2013.

1. itsaviman

itsaviman Well-Known Member

says the douchebag who is on here more than anyone
    test
  2. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Different how? The fact that you knew more of them and had more of them on your AIM list? Then you could have 25 "friends" voting for you every round instead of 1 or 2? Depending on who you are.

Either way is far from perfect.
    test
  3. its papi

its papi inellek my middle name

The stupid part was making judges pay and not just allowing the members who wanted to vote do it.. You coulda let nimrod vote, but instead you got double
    test
  4. Sin Skywalker

Nimrod has voting rights though...

:chefwat:
    test
  5. Porkchop

Porkchop Well-Known Member

Can you hook me up with some voting rights? HA HA
    test
  6. Sin Skywalker

Maybe next tournament, b. Too late to start throwing people voting privileges this go round.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

Different because of the math, dude. You ever stop and think about something before you just randomly toss out absurd accusations or opinions? Or do you just go with whatever you happen to be thinking when you type it?

If you're going out to take a poll to see if Obama or Romney will win an election, you don't poll 20 people at random. It makes your results and margin of error inaccurate. There's literally a number, based on a percentage of total voters, that you would have to poll to have, say, a respectable 1-3% margin of error.

Now if you apply this to battling, stay with me, it means the bigger the voting base -- the more accurate the results.

Assuming you have two sides of people, in this case, (1.) people that hate me and will vote against me no matter what (2.) people who love me and will vote for me no matter what -- both of these extremes will be cancelled out by the number of unbiased, random voters that you sample. Depending on what the number is. But the point is, the more people voting, the less margin of error.

Central limit theorem all up in this bitch! WHAT WHAT!
    :chefwat:
    test
  8. Sin Skywalker

Pretty much type as I think, tbh.

KOTD / live judged battles get judged by like...5 people. Talent shows on TV usually have fairly small panels of respected judges. Seems to work for them.

This is definitely more of a talent competition than a presidential election. @DZK :scared:
    test
  9. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

Judging a KOTD battle has nothing to do with the GRB. Nothing the judges say matter at all since nobody is advancing. There's no reason for them to say anything other than what they actually think... And it doesn't matter because the fans all have their own opinion.
    test
  10. B whun

B whun 3 card molly wop

damn u just made sim look like an even bigger idiot then nim did.
    test
  11. Porkchop

Eeeeeeeeek!!! I'm light headed, I just seen a mouse HA HA
    test
  12. B whun

B whun 3 card molly wop

+ all the judges are suppose to be unbias in kotd. if you have 5 unbias judges u will get accurate results
    test
  13. Porkchop

The GRB voting aspect needs a major overhalin'...No? HA HA
    test
  14. Sin Skywalker

Sometimes they advance to bigger name battles / more money (see the Grand Prix, tbh)...

And by that logic polling people about Obama / Romney has nothing to do with the GRB's either.

Seems like you just mad you lost at this point. But vent and complain away. We're here to listen, b.

:LUX1:
    test
  15. Sin Skywalker

You think none of the battlers in KOTD know eachother or are friends with one battler and not another and judge battles sometimes? I think they just less emotional about taking losses, tbh.
    test
  16. Porkchop

Sin are you a true G? What gang was you in? Do you have a facebook page? HA HA
    test
  17. Sin Skywalker

Depends on your definition of "true G". You don't need to know that. No.

:shaqsalute:
    test
  18. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

Why are you treating this like we're arguing?

I'm not venting or complaining. I'm stating an actual fact based on mathematics. I'm not even asking you to respond to me, either. I'm not asking you to concede anything about your skills running an online tournament. I don't care. I don't care if you can process the concept or not, I'm just putting it out there. You're the one who said you want people to vote on the best battle verse and the best rapper to advance. I'm simply explaining that the more people you have in the voting pool, the closer you can get to that goal. That's all. Get over yourself.

:youcertain:
    test
  19. RichY RiCh

RichY RiCh f.C.k 4ever

Sin u know a dude named smooth? Polish dude with drops and a cross on his face he from 4Campbell2

Sent from my LG-P769 using tapatalk 6
    test
  20. Sin Skywalker

You used an example of polling for Obama / Romney as your reason behind those "mathematic facts" you came up with. I used an example of actual rap battles being judged by less people. And now you typing paragraphs about processing concepts and arguments?

The bold part I agree with. Not that we need a thousands of people to be able to do that, though. Of course the more participants / voters, the better. But in an online setting there also comes into play alias names of board members, people who contestants have sign up JUST to vote for them, ect. At least with the amount of people involved now we can kinda sort out who's an actual person behind a username and who would be just a random ass name voting or alias name that somebody was operating.

I appreciate your input and thoughts but it's definitely not as simple as you're making it seem in an online format.

The "get over yourself" shit. Miss me with that.
    test