WHOAH Scott Steiner INVENTED the Frankensteiner???

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by V-Max, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-Max

V-Max ROUND ONE: FIGHT!!!

My god it says right here, Best Wrestling Maneuver award 1989-1990, Scott Steiner "The Frankensteiner"

I mean even if he didn't invent it, he probably perfected it and popularized it.

Just knowing he had an innovative move, I mean I just can't imagine him like that looking at him now.

Matter fact, ever since I seen him on WCW in the late 90s, he was buffed and shit and never was exciting in the ring.
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

As far as I know he did in fact invent it. That's one reason it was such a great moment to see him actually pull it off at TNA Lockdown this year, it's been a long time since he has done it and a lot of people were surprised that he could do it. I'd say it was a bit off, but for Scott Steiner, it was pretty damn impressive. Of course, the rest of Lockdown pretty much sucked balls aside from Black Machismo and Alex Shelley. Steiner has definitely done better work in TNA than he did in WWE, unless you're counting the early '90s.

You should check out some of his matches from back when he was tagging with his brother Rick if you haven't seen any. Scotty Steiner was an awesome wrestler for his time, and it wasn't until after WCW folded that he really got bad, although he did change his style quite a bit.

[​IMG]
    test
  3. V-Max

wow he looks kinda like patrick swayze on that pic

thats awesome i can imagine him now maybe 50 lbs. lighter. he should've really gotten more credi than he deserves, he's pretty good on the mic even if he wasn't the best technical wrestler in the late 90s.

it's just INSANE to know that the word "Frankensteiner' itself came from Scott Steiner, cuz all the years I've seen the move, heard it, played it and used it in wrestling video games and shit, but it all makes sense now.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

oh, you like to play games?
    test
  5. V-Max

yea and I see the move everytime its called a frankensteiner in the tutor manual u know u can practice the moves

come to think of it i always wondered why it was called "frankensteiner"

i mean, i was like wtf does it have anything to do with frankenstein?

little did I know it was directly linked to a steroid abusing muscle bound freak named scott steiner
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I recently rented Smackdown vs. Raw 2007. Pretty good game, but they could have added more/better "legends."

I wish they had Big Bossman in it.

I hate when people think Big Bossman was a cop. He was supposed to be a prison guard. Sure, he had a night stick, but that doesn't make him a cop does it?
    test
  7. V-Max

I always thought he was a nightman hehe.

I remember he had a feud with a guy who had a criminal gimmick, ages ago.
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

you re speaking of Nailz

this guy was bat fuck insane

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IoaYwuuBOsc
    test
  9. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Nailz was great, but there really wasn't much for him to do after his feud with the Bossman was done. And yeah, Bossman was only a corrections officer, which is why the Mountie was always superior to him.
    test
  10. so thats why wwe calls it the hurracirana or w/e
    test
  11. abztrakt

Oh, and if by invented the move you mean he started doing a variation of the huracanrana, then yeah, he invented it.
    test
  12. TheBlueApe

TheBlueApe New Member

a huracanrana and a frankensteiner are a little different.. frankensteiner was more of a spike, a hurracanranna is more of a roll impact
    test
  13. Yu Law

Yu Law Member

Actually the difference is that the frankensteiner was only ever done from the top rope. The huracanrana was invented as a luchador mat wrestling move, not as a top rope manuever. The Frankensteiner is a whole other animal cause it was used in the most dangerous wrestling circumstance, two performers on the top rope doing simultaneous flips.
    test
  14. Yu Law

Yu Law Member

The sick think about it is that Scott Steiner was one of the most talented wrestlers of the late 80's/early 90's and destroyed himself on steroids in trying to re-invent himself in all the wrong ways.

It's a considerable loss for the wrestling community considering what Steiner could have been unjuiced.
    test
  15. abztrakt

We might have lost Scott Steiner, the talented in-ring performer, but we gained mush-mouth roid-rage Scott Steiner promos, so I'd say it's a wash.
    test
  16. rey mysterio had the best frakensteiners tho... theres thata one from holloween havoc where he beat eddie for cruiserweight title... eddie was going for the razors edge from top rope and rey countered into frakensteiner
    test
  17. TheBlueApe

TheBlueApe New Member

idk,, i think you're wrong,, steiner used to do the franken steiner when the guy was running,, he jumped off the mat,, the steiner bros. off the top move was a dooms day device style bulldog. I could be wrong,, idk. I still think the only difference is the way the guy took the bump.
    test
  18. V-Max

[youtube]9pPexX8eIjA[/youtube]
    hey mems...check out what THESE two has to say about Lockdown
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.