Whoa.. lots of UFC news. (Tito, M-1/Fedor, Hendo, Japan, and.. VITOR)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Odysseus, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

- Dana White confirms that they have signed Vitor Belfort. Belfort will fight Rich Franklin at UFC 103.

- A 3 year deal has been signed with ESPN UK. Free, Hi-Def starting with UFC 101

- Tito Ortiz is officially back in the UFC. Dana White says "Tito will retire in the UFC"

- Tito: "Time cures everything. Dana apologized to me....It was about competition...financially I'm ok...Dana stuck by his word."

- Ortiz states that there was no one to fight if he went to Strikeforce and that he feels totally healthy.

- Tito is working with Freddie Roach and says he expects to fight in November or December.

- It is confirmed that Vitor vs. Franklin will be at light heavyweight (205 lbs)

- White confirms Tito's first fight back could be against Mark Coleman and expects some ring rust.

- Dana says they are always working to complete a network deal but need "the right deal" which they don't yet have.

- Tito says it was an offer he couldn't refuse and you'll never hear him complain about money again.

- Dana claims that Dan Henderson is next in line for a title shot at 185.

- Dana says the UFC is going to come to Japan and it "can't be stopped"

- White says that no one wants to watch Mayweather vs. Marquez, they want to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

- Dana says he has no interest in bringing back Tim Sylvia or Andrei Arlovski.

- White claims that M-1 can call him right now if they're ready to make a deal. He was very confident this was going to happen.

White: the deal that White said "would change the UFC forever" is "very close" to happening and NOT the Tito Ortiz deal.

- White claims they were willing to make a deal at almost any cost to get Fedor but he doesn't want to fight the best.

there might be more, this page keeps updating cuz its a press conference

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/31/970709/dana-white-press-conference-live
    test
  2. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

So Vitor is willing to go to 205 for Franklin but not Mousasi?
    test
  3. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Hendo v Silva 2? Not sure I'm interested.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

henderson will beat silva this time you heard it here first!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I hope Vitor returns to old form, he was my first favorite fighter...
    test
  6. The fights gonna be at catchweight too.. 195.. Franklin put it on his twitter..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.