Who WANTS their poetry critiqued

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Surreal The A.D. Prophet, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surreal The A.D. Prophet

Surreal The A.D. Prophet Wondrous Poetic

as opposed to simply seen.

no argument on this thread.
    test
  2. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

Whatcha talk'n, I suppose I'd like my work critiqued, but what ever just having people look at it and read it is good enough for me
    test
  3. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

^Same here. I dont mind having my work critiqued. I know I aint shit anyway myself, so i couple of pointers wouldnt hurt me.

pz
    test
  4. oh yes please, do critique me if it makes you feel better
    test
  5. Surreal The A.D. Prophet

test
  6. Psycho69

Psycho69 A Soul Born In Verse

I don't mind if I just have people comment on it and read it.

But, I woud like to be critiques, sure. Would give me an idea on ways to improve or alter my way of writing somewhat to be better.
    test
  7. nah, whats sad is the fuss you make for the attention. But do your thing.
    test
  8. Surreal The A.D. Prophet

well, if this is a ploy for attention; dont read anything i post, but if you are reading this, it must be impossible for you seeing as you dont like me, and i dont like you, and i dont go out of my way to get YOUR attention in any particular way...

i added you to my buddy list and will begin with the replying later. school.
    test
  9. Who said anything about not liking people? You. I just thought a few comments that you made contradicted the goals you seemed to set out as practical criticism. If you say somebodys work is garbage then your criticism isn't really constructive is it.

anyways, Why dont you give us a run down of how your criticism ties in academically atleast, and where you learnt to critique work and by whom.
    test
  10. Surreal The A.D. Prophet

As though i would be justified somehow by "where i learned to critique."

now, did i say that the piece was garbage? or the rest of that line?

please...if you want to argue (make your point) do it on the other thread.

my goal is to have people freely RESPOND to pieces. stating that one piece of a line is garbage in comparison.

and i quote

"you've diluted some pretty nice language with unnecesary words

"your light lingers" is perhaps the purest phrase in this piece but shines on is garbage in comparison.

small things like that hinder this piece. otherwise it is nice "

that was my reaction, that you couldnt pay attention to my wording pisses me off. THAT is what i initially disliked, THEN you proceeded to piss me off on my threads. now, one of the most important thing about critiques is PAYING ATTENTION to the phrasing OF the critique. i would patronize you some more, but it would be counterproductive as so much of this has been.

i am justified simply by taking myself seriously enough to respond as articulately as possible. there is no need to justify myself fuirther, you like it or you dont, but make sure you KNOW PRECISELY what you dislike, you think i said his piece was garbage, read the response again.

wasting my fucking time trying to explain this for how long now? i am a concieted fuck who knows what he is saying. no matter how you recieve it, unless otherwise satted, i KNOW what i sauid and what it's purpose was. that you do recieve it properly can no longer be my concern, as this conflict has proven.
    test

11. I did pay attention to your wording, and especially the phrasing. It wasn't productive, or constructive, as light 'shining on' and light lingering' being garbage in comparison, still instills negativity into what the writer was trying to put across for whichever purpose, at the time. And how you came to the conclusion that light lingering is more 'pure' than 'shining on' is beyond me. But lets just say there was a purer light in the sense of those two phrases, i would say nine out of 10 people would say that light shining on, is purer than lingering.

The other criticism I had about what you were saying, was you came on here making a fuss about wanting to critique people, but when someone offered there views on your sphinx poem , saying it could be better or something of the sort, you just shrugged it off by saying that your poem was perfect. So your ends dont justify your means atall.

I didnt mean to piss you off, It wasn't intentional, you took it that way. There wasn't any need to just start cussing me out because of it. Sorry i hurt your feelings.

As for patronising me and others
    and being counterproductive, why break the habit of a lifetime?

You call that articulate? your poems aren't even that articulate. You were comparing parts of a poem and labeling one bit as garbage compared to the other. I was pointing out where this wasn't a productive approach. But you wont admit that. Its not even just the comments you made, its the whole carry on in your posts, acting like a cornball.

So dont explain yourself anymore then, I know where you were coming from, and to me it didn't make sense and i didn't really think a person with such an attitude *conceited fuck* as you so articulately put it, and his responses would help much around here. But yea, good luck on your career* as a poet.

Im done
    test
  12. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

I would definitly liek you to critique my work i would love people read it and tell me what i am doing right wrong thats how i learn and thats how i improve so yea please help me out i love to learn ....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.