Who thinks the world will end on...

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Atreyu, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

So you put your trust in Science over the bible?While i already stated what prophecies the bible spoke of that have come true and are still coming true?Your not making any sense dog.
    test
  2. stick's ghost

stick's ghost Tommy Johnson

first, you still haven't stated what exactly these "prophecies" are.. so why don't you go ahead and do so..

second, there are two stories of creation in "the bible", so if "the bible" is the word of god, he must've gotten a little confused

third, you're only talking about one religion, what religion is that first of all, and what about all the other religions? and which one do I pick to have faith in?

fourth, hopefully by now you're realizing that these are only a couple of the reasons why I believe in science.. science is earthly.. and for the most part logical, and THERE'S ONLY ONE VERSION OF IT
    test
  3. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

All im saying is...how can you totally disbelieve the bible...when its prohecies have come true and still are...and put your trust in science OVER the bible.How can you let them tell you something about something so supreme and complex as God when science hasnt even finished discovering its own habitat.Science hasnt even explored ALL of the ocean.Its like me putting trust in someone whos only read one page of a Psychology book and asking him to take my test in Biological Psychology and putting full trust in him that hell pass the test.
    test
  4. Ashen Horse

Ashen Horse Ashen Horse

actually.... I would be that I have more information than you on what you are trying to argue...

see... some of you have comments... but never back them up... what kind of a debate is that...????
    test
  5. stick's ghost

no, it's really nothing like that at all

you get an F, for that horrible analogy

WHAT MOTHERFUCKING PROPHECIES ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I'VE STUDIED THE BIBLE FOR THE MOST PART AND I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PROPHECIES YOU ARE REFERRING TO?

UNLESS YOU'RE TALKING ON SOME CULT SHIT FROM REVELATIONS OR SOMETHING
    test
  6. stick's ghost

kinda like Atreyu talking about all these so-called prophecies
    test
  7. Ashen Horse

Ashen Horse Ashen Horse

See... there are a few I know of off hand... like the destruction of Tyre and the reestablishment of Israel...

Now there is plenty prophecies the old testament makes about Jesus... yet... one could refute them... and nothing would ever get done... because humans of the present can't go back in time...

but I understand what you mean... you can't just say something and not debate it...
    test
  8. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

The analogy was perfect for those who know about Psychology but evidently you dont know.I wont go in depth about what i just said..im sure you could understand.

Prophecies?ok ill post it in the next post and try not to make it an essay:
    test
  9. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

2 timothy 3:1-5 says:"3 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away."

Matthew 24:2-14 says:3While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

4And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

7“For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

9“Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

Luke 21:10&11 says:10Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

You want more?
    test
  10. stick's ghost

well, you are certainly devoted to whatever religion you follow (since you still haven't said)

cause goddamn, that is some vague ass shit... I've already said Nostradamus's "prophecies" have come true, you're really just devoted to your religion if you believe that these are accounts of the bible predicting the future.. they're just observations on human nature and effects of those behaviors....

and god you are dumb, it doesn't matter if you've taken psychology or not, you could've put calculus or any subject in there and it still would've been a horrible analogy.. have a friend read out your analogy to you and then laugh in your face for saying "you can only understand it if you've taken psychology"

lmfao, what a dumbass...
    oh yeah, and I have taken some psych classes.
    test
  11. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

Awwww dont start getting mad cause your points are welll...pointless.

Who gives a fuck about whether or not the analogy was perfect or not?Dont sidetrack the truth im telling you by going offtrack of the conversation...you understood it but dont want to admit its truth.As a matter of fact,

How about you give me this 'perfect analogy" you speak of using what im trying to say.

Lmao.Shtis funny how people get gassed cuz they took a couple begginers philosophy classes.
    test
  12. stick's ghost

your stupidity amazes me, well no it doesn't

I see it all over the boards.. go find opshins, his IQ is probably around the same as yours.
    test
  13. stick's ghost

intelligent people get the debates with me..

people like you...get made fun of
    test
  14. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

And yet i proved my point,while you still claim to be 'intelligent" and have said nothing or shown proof of how your argument makes sense.I guess the truth gets under peoples skin a lot....cuz normally when they begin to realize how dumb their argument is they start name calling.
    test
  15. stick's ghost

whoa, someone call Yale...

proved what point? that you're really good at botching an analogy...?

I don't see proof of anything other than that
    test
  16. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

wtf are you talking about dog?lol.Youre still talking about my analogy?Thats not the point of this discussion.Damn im done with dealing with you so called philosophical people.You always go off besides the point so you wont have to face truth.Youre talkinbg about what i DIDNT do while ive PROVEN my point.Yet the only response in argument i get back from you is..."ive read nostradamus".Now thats the winning words for an argument!
    test
  17. stick's ghost

I have asked you countless times to explain why there are two stories of creation
    and what religion do you follow

we haven't even gotten past that point yet, so as for this argument you're talking about, there really isn't one.

once you get past step 1, then there will be an argument

you haven't proven anything, you just gave me a bunch of vague prophecies
    I was using Nostradamus as an analogy because he did the same thing
    but I guess I would have to give some ridiculous analogy to something that has nothing to do with the point since you're a complete moron
    test
  18. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

Once again...WHAT DOES THE WAY AN ANALOGY IS PHRASED HAVE TO DO WITH THE ULTIMATE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD.you fucking idiot.Why are you focusing on something so fucking small?The way the analogy was phrased is IRRELEVANT.its so fuckin irrelevant its pointless to even argue about better yet mention.
    test
  19. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

And i will not state my religion because if i were to do so.Youde immediately shut your mind down to everything i say because of its title.
    test
  20. stick's ghost

I'm an open minded person

that's why I am able to look at these arguments objectively
    you on the other hand... are in some sort of cult or something and are only seeing things one way..

notice how I was going back and forth with Ashen Horse discussing topics intelligently and able to take in his points as well...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.