Who thinks BIG L was and is the greatest rapper of all time?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Calibre, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

hahaha your opinion means nothing now. and enef you're still a moron please shut the fuck up.
    test
  2. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

no way ..

wasn't around long enough ..
    test
  3. Speshul Effect

Speshul Effect Handle Ya Business

Haha I had Afu-Ra's first album, and I still don't understand a damn thing he says.
    test
  4. ZEDD

ZEDD Active Member

Big L was sick LOTPAD was near classic The Big Picture was good considering some of the verses had to be recycled it was way better than Born Again

his schemes changed alot how can anyone say they were boring he had nice punches and multi's ... plus he had more than just tracks about ice and money...he had good story telling tracks and deeper shit like street struck and how will i make it

he's in my personal top 5 not but everyone has different lists
    test
  5. BLooDSHoTT

BLooDSHoTT R.I.P. Point Game

Big L

is my fav artist of all time
    test
  6. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

hes in my personal top 5
    test
  7. its meta4

its meta4 v-bucket

nah, not the best. imo.
    test
  8. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Some would say Jay is the reason L doesn't.
    test
  9. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

he's nowhere near the greatest kid's get too overhyped about punchlines and think they make an artist great.... chino xl has at least 3x the amount of quotables big l has and thats being generous about it...does that make chino the best.... no......big l could've developed into being a better artist but just spitting mainly punchlines he was just a comedian with a rhyme scheme.....his content lacks for the most part outta 60(i doubt its near 100 with how much he recycled prolly even a lil less then 60) tracks he prolly had around 10-15 that were actually saying a thought out message and not the typical gangsta, playa, or i live a hard hood life tracks..... he was good but not hardly well rounded enough to be considered the greatest.... to go to the greatest i'd name cats like Common, Rakim, or Krs....i'm not saying L was whack or bad i listen to him every once in a while even today, he's just too repetitive and dense most cats will like him here from listening to all these mixtape type "gangsta" rappers and they go back n listen to L's tracks from like 7 years ago and he was better at it and they're impressed.... he was good but best is a good stretch, i will give you that he was ahead of his time and prolly died before reaching his prime
    test
  10. Charlie_Br0wn

Charlie_Br0wn (Creative Alias Here)

Yeah I Agree...Chino Is Better Than Big L...But Chino Hasnt Died Yet So I Guess Kids Cant Call Him The Greatest Yet...

Although I Admit...Big L Was Crazy With His Multis And Punchlines...And His Humour But Thats Basically What More Than Half His Songs Were About...

And WTF@Not Liking His Voice...His Voice Was Fucking Ill...It Was Unique And His Flow Was Fucking Crazy...It Was Just His Style Was Too Repetitive But Then Again He Had A Fairly Short Career...Didnt Get To See How His Style WOULD Have Changed Up In Time.

I Still Think He's Top Ten...Not Top Five Though.
    test
  11. X sample

X sample New Member

i think the consensus is no....he was definetly not the greatest rapper..
    test
  12. Bluntologist

Bluntologist New Member

if u were an old school head ude know lord fiensse fathered big L's style and that finesse is the superior emcee....he allways held it down just as good as big L and even better on some cutts.....all i gota say is peep Return of the funky man
    test
  13. X sample

X sample New Member

lol @ 'return of the funky men'
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.