who needs evolution...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by exodus 31315, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

when we can "play god?"

just read this interesting article. it makes me think Coup's "conspiracy" of man trying to make themselves "gods" isn't so far fetched. i mean this combined with nanotechnology, another handful of decades or so and bang, immortality

at least if evolution doesn't in fact produce new species, we can

link: Scientist Craig Venter creates life for first time in laboratory sparking debate about 'playing god' - Telegraph

physicists > biologists
    test
  2. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

test
  3. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Breathlesss>physicists
    test
  4. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

exodus, what does Satan want to ultimaley do ?

1. Kill of mankind
    2. Become like the Most High
    3. Teach man the same BS
    4. Steal the Word and change it
    5. Sew tears
    6. Have people worship his image not the Truth (most of the world does already)
    7. All of the above

If you understand these things, you will see through it all. Time is VERY VERY VERY NIGH
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Kill off mankind, then teach mankind? Zombie apocalypse?!

:jaydamn:
    test
  6. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

test
  7. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

Breathless is a scientist? nice, what's your field, Breathless?
    test
  8. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i picture his objective as one of acquiring souls more than anything. through misinformation, deceit, whatever tactics available. so politics, media, religion and education would be nice tools to have in the arsenal i guess. but that's pure speculation. is there a lot on lucifer in the Bible? as in his plan after being cast down and everything?
    test
  9. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

this was an advance in biology. not sure what physics has to do with it really. but yea, biotech is cool and all that. still have some serious work ahead of them before they catch up with evolution. seem to be gaining ground quickly though.
    test
  10. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

yeh i thought it was crazy. i mean synthetic life created in a lab, amazing

i can't remember why i wrote that. i think there was a physicist quoted in the article or something. and it inspired me to announce my favour of physics over something i know nothing about, biology. can't really remember now

i still think in our lifetime we will see some ridiculous advancements in tech. especially with the possibilities of nanotechnology. i remember when that german physicist, henrick scon or something ike that, appeared to have made some groundbreaking advancements in organic transistors that would have drastically impacted the world as we know it. surpassing the silicon chip it would've protracted moore's law and paved the way for amazing technology but he ended up being a fraud
    test
  11. reggie jax

^i haven't heard about that. i know people talk about quantum computing being the next step to supersede moore's law but i don't know how plausible it actually is. i'm not too confident when discussing physics, especially anything quantum. physicists say you need to understand the equations to understand the science, and i don't have the necessary training in mathematics.

in terms of biotech though i'm actually somewhat nervous about the prospect of humans being able to manufacture new life. seems like a dangerous door to open but since it's already ajar there's probably no way of closing it at this point anyway.
    test
  12. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

apparently ibm have made some progress with quantum computing. i posted the link here somewhere before but here it is again:

LINK: IBM Busts Record for 'Superconducting' Quantum Computer | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com

i'd say look him up but it's not worth it now considering he was proven fraudulent but he was taking the scientific world by storm early last decade. literally publishing something like one new paper every week!

but yeh quantum computing is making progress the biggest problem now is protracting the state before decoherence results in quantum bits reverting to classical. something which molecule scale chips would certainly help which was thought to have been delivered by scon with his organic transistors

it is scary but the benefits of such technology would be amazing. just in medicine alone
    test
  13. reggie jax

that article makes it sound pretty promising.

and yea hopefully the benefits to medical science concerning biotech outweigh the risks. there's always something slightly scary about technological progress. even the idea of increasing computation brings up questions about artificial intelligence which opens up a whole new can of worms.
    test
  14. LBFHBMRBA

LBFHBMRBA Fuck Yo Couch Nigga

There are places in the world where evolution doesn't occur, just look at the Deep American South.
    test
  15. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

there are huge risks, you're right and unfortunately no matter what protocols are effected to mitigate potential risks, deleterious affects are unavoidable and if you're a conspiracist the correlations to so many theories are crazy

but the opportunities that would arise from curing cancer and repairing genes, i mean i think most would be in favour of the tech than against it
    test
  16. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^agreed

but Coup's insane....

anyway nowadays artificially creating life is not that far fetched. its not really "playing god" because we can create and take life whenever we choose. i would say the ability to change the weather or create a natural disaster would be "playing god"
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^agreed

but Coup's insane....

anyway nowadays artificially creating life is not that far fetched. its not really "playing god" because we can create and take life whenever we choose. i would say the ability to change the weather or create a natural disaster would be "playing god"
    test
  18. breathlesss

@exodus... no I'm not a scientist, I am just awesome
    And jay, we have been controlling the weather and creating natural disasters, concrete exambles would be seeding clouds to make it rain, and opening the panama canal, changing the ocean currents a little, and fraking causes earthquakes
    test
  19. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

as Breathless said, we're already capable of inducing desired weather and creating earthquakes. personally, i think creating synthetic life is akin to playing God
    test
  20. breathlesss

Only thing I could consider playing god would be literally creating a new universe with new subatomic particles big bang style
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.