Who Is The Greatest rapper Alive In Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by realbeatz, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

shit dream, we must have argued a few times in the past about this....It is always funny to me.....seems the results never change, and the arguments are similar, just more idiotic...

To the stupid comments, answer this please...The point of making music for the music industry is making good music...correct?.....So I would have to say that who makes good music is a good artist, and any subsequent derivations of this point....If I had what this rapper had than I would be better than that rapper...but I don't so he sucks right....right
    test
  2. SosayGacha

SosayGacha Member

lol jay is good jus not the best man
    test
  3. SosayGacha

SosayGacha Member

eminem is best all around .... big pun is 2nd best ... i dnt see how jay can compare wit those 2 men MUSIC wise or ANY WISE
    test
  4. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

What has Nas done that nobody else has? BP1 changed the game. W/o Jay Stillmatic woulda never happen.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 215
    test
  5. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

All around means you make music for every situtation. I don't wanna hear Em in the club. And he fell off hard for a few yrs. You can't be considered the best w/ two albums. That's why I had to let Biggie slide from that spot. Pun was dope though.

test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I am not gonna argue opinions, that is the purpose of asking an opinion based question....But along the lines of answering the question asked, which seems to be best+rapper+ALIVE, Big Pun seems to not fit the bill outside of your precious heart.....
    test
  7. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

ha... hell the jay/nas shit is always good for a few laughs...

not sure what you're trying to say with the last paragraph though
    test
  8. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

Nas changed the rap game with illmatic and made everyone step their lyrical game up.

did people change the way they rapped from 2001 to 2002? no.

bp1 is a classic but did it change the rap game? was it innovative? no.
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

2nd paragraph wasn't directed towards you
    test
  10. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Niggas seen Jay drop a classic 5 albums deep in his career. That don't change the rap game? He didn't push the soul beat era? Bp1 didn't fuel Stillmatic?

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

so jay gets credit for Kanye's and other producer's innovation? nah it doesnt work like that.

and yes, Bp1 influenced stillmatic... but not the face of the rap game like Illmatic, ready 2 die, or the chronic... if anything it showed rappers how to lose a rap battle... so I'll give Jay that one.
    test
  12. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Who drops classics five albums in? After BP1 everybody wanted a Ye beat. They wanted that sound. Jay made classic music on those beats. If you're comparing Takeover or Super Ugly to Ether he lost. The song Blueprint that was on BP2 kills Nas bruh. Everybody over looks that track. Jay is the greatest it's really no arguement. I just have nothing better to do atm.

test
  13. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

Jay gave birth to so many niggas its not even funny. Kendrick, Joey Badass, Drake, Lupe, hell even Joe Budden are all Jay's children. Big, Jay and Nas had all widely different styles, but they all had similarities because they were all from new york. Busta was one of the most original new york rappers, that doesn't mean shit.
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I would give jay credit for picking the beats and making the songs over the beats....jay and dame put kanye on, were largely responsible for just blaze's quick rise in tax brackets, and such things....Jay didn't make kanye's beats, he provided the place for them to be heard which is the real estate of business and brand establishment...
    test
  15. Gorka

Gorka "Dope" White Rapper

I know some people are going to disagree but Eminem more than likely is. He might not be as big as he was but he is still the best. He will lyrically destroy anyone that comes at him and his rhymes are just amazing. He is also the best selling artist of the 2000's which obviously proves that he is VERY good. He's broken MANY records in the music industry. If someone quotes this and says that Lil' Wayne is better, just go jump in a very deep hole.
    test
  16. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Sosay is a backpacking hippy.

His opinion is void.

Jay Z.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  17. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

word.

Nas >>>> Jay
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  18. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Nas is better than Jay @J o o k

deal wit it bruh :funny:
    test
  19. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

:funny:

More hit records? More sales? Better albums?

None of the above, so beside YOUR opinion, where is the factual basis that Nas is better.

Show proof.
    test
  20. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

ironic.
    test