Who is the Best Female MMA Fighter?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 9, 2012.

?

Who is the BEST Female MMA Fighter?

Poll closed Jul 7, 2012.
  1. Cris 'Cyborg' Santos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ronda Rousey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sarah Kaufman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tara LaRosa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Marloes Coenen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

:crazy:
    CYBORG-UPDATE:
    [​IMG]
    ( Cyborg Santos steroids suspension upheld, secret summer Strikeforce showdown with Ronda Rousey scrapped - MMAmania.com ) -SOURCE

Former pound for pound phenomena, Cris 'CYBORG' Santos long awaited court day
    happened today! After again explaining she didn't know, but did take a supplement
    that included Stanozolol from a "trusted" individual (hopefully not anymore). She
    will be banned 1 year, forced to sit out until December (as well as paying a 2,500$
    fine
    ).

The one thing we really miss out on with a lightened sentence, is the supposed
    bout with Ronda Rousey in the works for this summer/fall. It would have been the
    closest thing to a super fight in Women's MMA since Gina Carano Vs Cyborg Santos.

Do you still respect Cyborg? Has she lost all her of credibility?

My Pick 4 Best Female Mixed Martial Artist:
    'ROWDY' RONDA ROUSEY

[​IMG]

I think Ronda is the clear front runner for best Female MMA fighter now that she
    dismantled Meisha Tate in the first round via armbar, like every other MMA fight
    she competed in
    . She is relatively new to the scene, but with her marketability
    and skill, I find it hard to believe we won't see her for AWHILE as the face of MMA
    (and her face isn't to bad ;) ). She will likely fight with CANADIAN SARAH KAUFMAN
    later this year, in a title fight Sarah earned months ago, but was leapfrogged over by
    Ronda (for what is believed to be ratings reasons).​
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Imo, Cyborg. She's pretty much ruthless.
    test
  3. LungZzZ

She is. Standing wise, she is the closest thing there is to a man being in the Ring (and I mean before the steroid problem came to light), I remember having to watch the events she fought on as she usually provided very exciting bouts.

Still, being that she could of been fighting Ronda right now, proving whos the best, but is sitting on the shelf for a year (though it will feel like less) because of Steroids; I find it hard to argue she is the best.
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

A year of her being out of the game doesn't mean she'll be taking long walks on the beach and catching up on the past and present issues of Vogue Italia. She'll be doing everything to maintain her routine, getting prepared for when she'll be let back in the ring.

Her sitting out can't exclude her from being the best, though.

Only time will tell.
    test
  5. LungZzZ

You seem to be ignoring the steroid part I keep bringing up, the legitimacy part of her legacy?

I do admit though, if anyone where to beat Ronda, it would be Cyborg, though it works vice versa.
    test
  6. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

Assuming that Cyborg counts as a female I'd go with her. Nothing on Rhonda but she scares me less than Cyborg.
    test
  7. LungZzZ

lmao.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

One would think by now she'd learn the cycle of when she won't get caught even if tested.

I'm not ignoring it; it was honestly just a matter of time.

I'll make a really rough comparison; remember when Hulk Hogan testified, and it almost ruined his career? It certainly didn't kill his legacy. I see a similar thing happening here...
    test
  9. themomhunter

themomhunter Hide Your Kids/Wife

I'd be more afraid of Cyborg simply because I don't want to accidentally touch her penis while on the ground. *cringes*
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Oh, dear. :funny: :scared:

For some reason I wouldn't be scared of her, I'd actually bug her to be my coach/trainer.
    test
  11. themomhunter

themomhunter Hide Your Kids/Wife

Hey, having her in the ring by your side is much better than having her on the other side of the ring against you.
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

That's also true.
    test
  13. LungZzZ

You can't pick someone because your more scared. pick Ronda for the fact she can kick your ass and she could still be brought into a restaurant as well :p
    test
  14. LungZzZ

I see your point though I wish you used an MMA analogy. Cyborg lost her legitimacy to me.
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I'm fairly new to the whole mma thing. So give me time...:funny:
    test
  16. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Cyborg imo
    test
  17. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

What about:

Vitor Belfort
    Stephan Bonnar
    Royce Gracie
    Dennis Hallman
    Bigfoot Silva
    Chris Leben
    Chael Sonnen
    test
  18. LungZzZ

I guess I'm being forced to see your guys point. Her stand up is ridiculous. But I do actually believe Ronda can stop her, especially knowing she will need to face her eventually, Cyborg is only 26, 1 year the elder.

Rousey may be all natural but she was in the Olympics and has battled through things Cyborg has only seen her husband do in bars ;).

I can't wait for a Cyborg/Rowdy super fight.
    test
  19. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

They're splitsville
    test
  20. LungZzZ

I will be 100 with you right now since you asked :smokin2:

Vitor I still have a lot of respect for. I guess that is a bias. I will sit back and think about Vitor the next time I write about him. Thanks for bringing that to light I may have forgot.

Stephan is not a chamionship level athlete, I don't consider him the best nor do I have that type of respect for him.

Royce did something amazing for the sport, for Brazilians. It is hard to do, BUT I admit I already have lost respect for him.

Dennis Hallman wore a speedo dude gets NO respect.

Bigfoot as well, I don't think he is a top level athlete, I don't respect him because of steroids.

Chris Leben I admit I love to watch fight. This may be my true bias (again I respect that he is willing to die, I don't think he is a p4p top contender).

LASTLY, Chael Sonnen is a fucking joke and yeah I lost all respect for him. I am much like Anderson Silva (in thinking they shouldn't be fighting). I thought him and Vitor should of fought, or Munoz before he even got a chance @ Silva again for that B.S.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.