who is better, ghostface or eminem? vote here ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Dec 31, 2010.

?

who is better, on all accounts.

1. eminem.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ghostface.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. you can't compare the two, they're different.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Obvious troll is obvious.

Obvious trolls go on ignore.
    test
  2. Mind_Control_D

Mind_Control_D Detroits_Own

[youtube]PJ1UyztgNl8[/youtube]

[youtube]9rDysbl6fAE[/youtube]

[youtube]0NjEkruY5TA[/youtube]

[youtube]mbNvY8PBaQo[/youtube]

[youtube]zdXdsF08SWQ[/youtube]

[youtube]jnslrTTXQSA[/youtube]

cmon now this is eminem were talking about, stupid argument...throw biggie, jay, rakim in here but ghostface killah cmmoooon...i mean the nigga strait but he aint on no top 5 dead or alive tip. and thats where eminem is and will 4eva be.
    test
  3. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

2Pac
    Biggie
    Big L
    Big Pun
    Rakim

that's 5 artists who are better than Em.

off the top.
    test
  4. vandalism

vandalism the king

both hands clusty, chillin wit my man rusty
    low down, blew off the burner kinda dusty

[youtube]HqEcoZWFPW0[/youtube]
    test
  5. .Sparro.

.Sparro. A Wraith

None of those rappers even come close to fuckin' with Em. Lmao @ Rakim.
    test
  6. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Just because someone has a polished technical craft does not make them the 'better' rapper though...there's plenty of rappers who are technically flawless, but they're not necessarily the most enjoyable to listen to. And Eminem is one of them.
    test
  7. .Sparro.

.Sparro. A Wraith

Well I'm not talking about the quality of the music, because that shit's subjective. What I'm talking about is the 'technical craft.' No one is fucking with Em. Unless their name is Tech N9ne.
    test
  8. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

I misunderstood you then. Forgive me. haha but yes..I can agree that Eminem and Tech are of the best rappers in regards to technical merit.
    test
  9. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Not having listening to a Ghost face record in a while I did not want to answer without first listening to albums worth of tracks from both artists on a random play-list.

After spending about 2 hours time listening to tracks while I did some other stuff around the house I've come to this conclusion.

Eminem wins for me - not because he's Eminem or technically flawless or what have you - but because Ghost face does not really have one 'sends shivers up your spine' type song. Nothing he has done is like "Kim", or as intense as "Till I Collapse", or suspenseful like Lose Yourself...

Throughout the play-list his lyrics and flow are on point, beats are smooth - but that's the issue, Ghost face always seems to play it safe. He knows what he's good at and never really experiments with something completely new.

Regardless of what you or I think of Eminem's 5 (6 if you count infinite) albums - one thing that stands out is the experimentation and growth between each one.

SSLP doesn't sound like the MMLP -

TES sounds like the MMLP vocally but the instrumentals are more sampled and electronic sounds are much more prominent.

Encore - Vocally different than TES and the whole story changed, subject matter is completely opposite.

Relapse - Vocally different yet again and the instrumentals take on a mix of the past albums with a distinct Horror-Core sound with macabre lyrics to go with them.

Recovery - Arguably the most pop music album Eminem has ever created, even including two pop female artists who would have been targets for him in his first albums (he pee'd on Rhianna in Relapse). The production is nothing like his previous albums and for the first time he invites a myriad of producers to work with him rather than just the Aftermath war machine. ---Lyrically the album is nothing like the previous albums, technically it's a little like relapse minus the horror-core influences.

Remember the question : Who is better. --Not whose songs do you like more.

For his innovation, experimentation, technical ability and connection to his fans; Eminem is by far the better artist/rapper.
    test
  10. Free_Weezy

Free_Weezy New Member

Big L? Big Pun?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You need to stop discussing hip-hop.
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

[youtube]V1bhovBlCQ4[/youtube]

i'll just let the face tracks speak for themselves.

a shame that vandalism already posted some of my favourite ghost joints.

but here's some of my favourites.

[youtube]BC6xbdYJLXo[/youtube]

[youtube]JYuIp1iecXg[/youtube]

[youtube]WdC4VC8jBbU[/youtube]

[youtube]lleILAaqTII[/youtube]

[youtube]YLRGHPQMknA[/youtube]

and this is not including any face verses that he practically murdered on the wu joints.

and let it be known, eminem does have classic tracks that i love listening to, too.

it's not one or the other for me, i like listening to both ...

[turn] ...
    test
  12. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Growth? On Encore? He grew into being a shitty rapper? I don't understand.
    test
  13. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

The word 'Growth' doesn't nesscessarily have to be a positive. Cancer growths are for the most part considered a negative and yet referred to by the former.
    test
  14. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

In reference to music(and in the context you were using it in)you meant it to be a good thing.

Here's a simple chart for everyone to follow:

SSLP/MMLP/TES/Encore/Relapse/Recovery
    test
  15. .Sparro.

.Sparro. A Wraith

The Eminem Show + the 8 Mile soundtrack cuts > Relapse > everything else.
    test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i disagree completely

as for "no tracks that send shivers up your spine," the only one i can think of off the top is 'impossible', wu tang joint from their second album. his verse on that one gets me. its not even the story itself that's good, its the way he paints a picture with words. the story would take all of two lines to tell but he imprints each image in your brain stream of conscience like.. the same way he raps in general. other good examples of the story telling but not so much the spine chilling are 'the projects' and 'yolanda's house'. i don't think anyone can tell a story like ghost. even em has some great story telling tracks but his narration style isn't as compelling to me.

tbh i can't think of a single eminem song that sends shivers up my spine. kim was unique for sure but it wasn't mind blowing or anything like that - i love the raw emotional delivery but other than that it's pretty average. and ghost is just as raw as that on 'i can't go to sleep'
    test
  17. vandalism

vandalism the king

lol,word at these kids right. ghostface got two of the classic "shivers up your spine" joints in hip hop history, that last verse on Impossible and obviously All That I Got Is You:

[youtube]TZOYm3YkLWQ[/youtube]
    [youtube]5RM-37QNM8w[/youtube]

eminem got a couple of them type joints, but it's only Stan, and maybe Rock Bottom... lol @ this dude mentioned Kim, that shit was the only weak track on MMLP, it's just him screaming, you gotta be a real suburban ass fanboy to think that shit is spine chilling...

ghostface stay with that crazy shit yo. word to the nigga who posted Purified Thoughts too, every time I hear that last few days the joint gets better...
    test
  18. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I dont even know what to reply to in this thread anymore. BOTH rappers are being sold short... niggas talking shit about ghostface like he never did anything... niggas are talking shit about Eminem like he didnt exist before 2004.
    test
  19. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Lmao. True that.
    test
  20. vandalism

vandalism the king

ain't no one talked shit bout eminem. everybody up in here been agreeing he was dope up until 8 mile. it's just that if you got the nerve to say that eminem ain't the GOAT or that he fell the fuck off or that theres a lot of rappers better than him these kids throw they fuckin toys out the pram. the very idea that a niggas like ghostface or rakim might be better than eminem is literally impossible for these kids to comprehend... none of their suburban ass friends would ever think that, so they can't understand it

ghostface the king tho

[youtube]JqzwTUnF7eM[/youtube]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.