who inspires you to write?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Index., May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Index.

Index. New Member

honestly, i'm not influenced much by any actual poets. or at least modern day poets.

i'm into the edgier, angsty, dark, abstract type shit...usually i'll just play some nirvana or live and the ideas just seem to start flowing out of completely nowhere.
    test
  2. Shakespeare, John Keats, Rainer maria Rilke, Thomas Hardy and others.

Music inspires me too
    test
  3. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

I wouldn't say I am inspired by any popular or even famous poet, alive or dead.
    test
  4. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Life and Music in general inspires me to right. No poet has actually had a sort of inspiration on me when it came to writings. I have read something that have made me want to sit down and jot something. But for the main part it's life and music. The simple things in life.

Just wrote a poem today about my daughter. She was just laying in the bed sleep like she always been doing for nearly five years. But something just hit me and I had to write.

I'm feeling all mushy and shit now. Let me stop
    test
  5. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

^lol....thats real

I dont know all kinds of things inspire me to write.....but as far as poets I got to say EVERY poet has inspired me in one form or another which sparks new ideas and spawns more out of me

but yea life and music sums it up
    test
  6. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

Nothing inspires me to write. Nothing at all.
    test
  7. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^"and nothing even matters, at all..."
    good song good song

I agree though, the simple things in life. Some of us'd be suprised by how much we see on a regular basis, and always think about, but don't ever get to writing about. I bet I'd be writing more if I did that.
    test
  8. Adrenaline Rush

Adrenaline Rush aka Dilligent Theory

what inspires me is people i meet on a daily basis and how they precieve me.
    and the daily burdens of living in eternal hunger.
    test
  9. Him'

Him' Dying Underoath

Walt Whitman -

This is my first poetry site so nobody here that I can think of but abzero is really good..
    test
  10. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

I'm inspired by all things. Like , Walkin down the street ..BAM..thoughts racin through my head like i needa write this down. Buyin somethin at the store...BAM...thoughts racin through my head...But ...As far as people go, Sure people inspire me...Dumb people, fat people, angry people, stupid people, people i hate, people i love, people i want to stab, people id like to tear their limbs apart ...you know, lots of people, people influence everything, so people in general influence me ...haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.