Who here plays original PS games on their PS2?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by i Luv Da Cock, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i Luv Da Cock

i Luv Da Cock TRU "GINGER" KID

Do they still make original PS games? like, in factories and shit? like mass produce?

because i have a ps2 and i dont have any original PS games. now i wanna know where i can get any original PS games, because there's tons of titles out there.

oh yea and i heard that some original PS games won't work for the PS2, is this true? I have the slim line version.

im pretty sure they dont make any new copies of PS games anymore, but i dont wanna ruin the hope of ever finding any new copies someday and playing that shit on my ps2.

help me out here.
    test
  2. Sun Zoo

Sun Zoo Speech is my Hammer

I doubt it....

No...maybe they changed something for the slim version but Playstation does hardware emulation, not software emulation, so it doesnt make any sense that some games would work and others wouldn't...Anyway I've never found a game that didn't work on mine...and I'm pretty sure I've played at least a couple PS games on the slim version
    i doubt you're going to find many new copies, but you can always buy used....also, at some point sony is going to release a lot of the ps1 catalogue in their online store for PS3, so you could just download original PS games for like $5 or something...it wont be all of them, of course...
    test
  3. Kuya

Kuya AKA V-MAX

Sony announced the end of produciton on March 23, 2006. The last game for the system was FIFA Football 2005. So basically, you won't find any new games anymore for the original Playstation. And obviously they stopped making new copies.

The best you can do is go to specialty stores or order from websites that still sell packaged copies, which are basically still new, despite probably having some years in actual shelf life.

And YES, there are some original Playstation games that do NOT work on the PS2.

All models
    These games are incompatible with all models of PlayStation 2.

Fighter Maker
    Judge Dredd
    M0nkey Hero
    Poy Poy 2

SCPH-30001
    The SCPH-30001 has problems running these games:

Legend of Dragoon, The
    Lunar Silver Star Story
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
    Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions

SCPH-75001 and probably SCPH 77001
    These games are incompatible with this specific "slim" model manufactured since 2005.

102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue
    Akuji: The Heartless
    Barbie: Race and Ride
    Broken Helix
    Bubsy 3D
    Driver
    Gundam Battle Assault
    The Hive
    Hooters: Road Trip
    In Cold Blood
    Jampack Vol. 2
    Land Before Time: Great Valley Racing Adventure
    NFL Xtreme
    NHL 2000
    NHL 2001
    NHL Blades of Steel® 2000
    NHL Rock the Rink
    Nuclear Strike
    One
    PO'ed
    Powerboat Racing (VR Sports)
    Rascal
    Rush Down
    Sentient
    Speed Punks
    Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
    Syphon Filter 3
    UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship
    Worms

Since you have the Slim version, you actually have MORE games that won't work in your system.
    test
  4. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

i got both versions myself, but I don't play any ps1 games anymore. Last one I played was probably FF7 just messing with my saved game.
    test
  5. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

They don't produce em anymore, you'd have to find either a gamestop that still holds ps items or some other place similar to it.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lmao..yeah that was the alst one i played too

i think they actually just recently stopped making games for it........i mean they stopped making blockbusters for it a looong time ago

but the best thing about sony, is they do not just shelve an old console when theyd rop a new one. They guarantee a good 10 years with every sony console.
    test
  7. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

i still play FF7 And FF: Anthology On And off...
    test
  8. Kuya

Kuya AKA V-MAX

yea thats what i like about them
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.