who here has read the qur'an? ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... just a y/n answer would suffice.

but if you can go futher, go ahead and explain why and why not.

if you have read it, what did you think of it?

it is not like other narratives, which is a pre-requisite to reading it.

another pre-requesite is to leave your arrogance aside, as the first letters alone in the qur'an will humble you. alif laam meem. nobody knows what these letters means, to this day. they are just three letters of the arabic alphabet, but this automatically humbles the reader.

and when i said arrogance, i didn't mean that anyone who hasn't/doesn't want to read it, is an arrogant prick, i meant it as in leave the arrogance of your thoughts that you think you know it all, aside.

anyway, back to the topic before i get accused of promoting islam.

:numaan:
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i haven't read much of it. i got about halfway through the 2nd surah.

please don't get offended at this

but it seemed to me sort of like when jay-z dropped the takeover, shitting on all the other prospects for king of ny. it was sort of like that.

like it didnt really tell a story or say anything specific, it just sorta asserted like: you think you've heard the word of god? HERE'S the word of god, nigga. it was like a that.

like if muhammad had been a rapper i just imagine him beefing constantly with everyone else who was doing it. but maybe i just didn't give it enough of a chance.
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

no. but i believe i asked someone on here to make a thread about it and drop some knowledge. i aint read it bcuz where im from theres just dozens of christian/baptist/catholic churches.
    test
  4. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

i read alot of it when i was in iraq.. not sure how much..
    test
  5. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Nope. Honestly I just figured it was just another book claiming divinity without proof and saying if you dont follow me you're going to hell (Jahannam or whatever). I mean I skim through it, just like the Bible, only when I want to argue with people really...
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

skimming through it for argumentative purposes is different to reading it.

i'll admit, i've done the same with the bible, but i did give it a chance.

to each his own i guess.

lol, it's the hip hop mentality that's stunting you bruh.

m to the u, hammed, coz you hammered the nail in jesus.

man, i shouldn't be mocking this lol.

thread about the qur'an, or with the entire qur'an in the thread?

what do you want to know?

what did you think of it?

test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

just general knowledge. im completely clueless. i kno about the nation of islam but im sure the quran is completely different
    test
  8. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Yes.

The writer was an ancient equivalent to the novel writers of today. It was really good fiction.
    test
  9. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeh, nation of islam was pretty much formed to appeal to the blacks in america. it has nothing to do with the original teachings of islam, and is denounced by most.

the qur'an was the book revealed to muhammad, through the angel gabriel.

it came down to perfect the altered religions of the past (judaism/christianity). it was to confirm that jesus was never a divine deity, and that the jews were no longer the "chosen people" as they had strayed from the straight path. but it's much more than that.

the bible was accounts of what happened during jesus's life, but was never written by jesus right? well, the qur'an was revealed during the life of the prophet through the angel gibrae'l, as divine revelations (the first being that in the cave - "read" or iqrah, in arabic). and because the prophet muhammad was illiterate, he used to memorize what was said to him, and his companions would write it down.

and each surah (chapter) was revealed in different times, relating to different events, e.g. there was a time where a companion had rocked up to the mosque drunk off alcohol, at which stage the order of any intoxicants being illegal in islam - came down to the prophet.

it wasn't as if god hadn't seen it coming, an incident was needed so the companions could see why these orders were coming down, you know?

overall, it's the updated version to judaism/christianity, but the final version as it was revealed to the final prophet/messenger - muhammad.

the book itself was one of the miracles, in that it's honour will last forever. and to this day, not one word has been altered since it's compilation. you can't, because we have little kids who've memorized it. you change a word, and try reprinting it, and someone will pick out the mistakes.

tried to keep it short, but i kept rambling.

you've nothing better to do than to mock those who have something to believe in?

must be a very sad life, man.

test
  10. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

I'm not mocking the book, I said it was really/very good fiction.
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

who exactly is muhammad? like a arab jesus pretty much?
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

lol, yes and no.

they were both prophets/messengers of the same god.

test
  13. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Basicly Christians are dependents of Isaac Muslims are begotten from ishmael.
    And ya Jesus didn't write it. But its his word through various sermons throughout his life, the movement of judea out of Egypt, the letters to the first churches from the desiples, and even from collaborative 1st hand accounts from people that hated him priests and even Roman scribes writings verify the accounts. There's over 40 witnesses of his ressurection as well.
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

so y do people wanna do suicide bombings if you draw dis guy?
    test
  15. Radium

Radium f k

yeah when i ws at heathrow airport last year to crash the night b4 my flight in the morning so i wouldnt have to pay for somewhere to stay that night. i was just like wandering around the airport bored and i found this prayer room thing for muslims. its like 3 in the morning and i thought it would be the best area to crash since it was in the cut basically. its like a medium sized room w quarans and carpets on standby.

i started reading a quaran they had on the table just bored because i didnt have anything to really do in there and i could only get through like 5 pages. its written like sun tzus art of war or the hagakure. like its probably the most overly serious thing i ever read and the more i read it the more belligerent it started to sound. like it was going to eventually try to punch me in my face
    test
  16. Radium

Radium f k

lmao!
    test
  17. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

it's a shame that this shit is the only thing you cunts know about muslims.

those "people who wanna do suicide bombings" was because the government of denmark didn't really respect the rights of the muslims, and muslims were told by the prophet to never depict an image of him in the case that he ends up being worshipped.

so to this day, no muslim has ever drawn the prophet muhammad, so when they saw that a danish cartoonist drew him with a bomb in the turban - they naturally lost their shit. now, whether or not if the danish cunt wanted that reaction from the muslims is true - it worked.

most the muslims went up in flames about it.

but don't blame us because we don't take jokes about the prophet as lightly as christians do about their own so called lord and saviour.

and no, the order to suicide bomb those who draw the prophet is NOT in the qur'an.

test
  18. NOBLE SOLDIER

Idk Nu iah.. It wasnt a bad read.. Im not religious @ all.. I mostly read it so i could understand the locals culture a lil better...
    test
  19. NOBLE SOLDIER

and iah its a better read then the bible.. lol..
    test
  20. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

I already stated I kno very little about islam you dumbass. Murdering innocent people for a fuckin joke is retarded. I take you as a somewhat rational person so you should have enuff sense to agree that's 2 extreme and wouldnt werk anyway. Naturally lose their shit? Fuck them
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.