Who has had more of an influence on hip-hop, Beastie Boys or Eminem?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Oh_No_Its_Kano, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh_No_Its_Kano

Oh_No_Its_Kano New Member

Basically who and why, in your opinion has had more of an influence on hip-hop? The Beastie Boys or Eminem?
    test
  2. DP Banned?

DP Banned? New Member

Eminem.

To me, the Beastie Boys have always been little else but a white version of Run-DMC. That said, they were ill, but they didn't have the same impact as Em did. I remember being the only white kid in my grade for years on end that listened to Hip Hop and having to put up with the whole "why do you listen to rap? do you wish you were black?" type nonsense. Then Slim Shady LP dropped and everyone and their brother listened to rap.
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

definitely eminem. dude brought Dr. Dre back, started shady records which brought about 50 cent...now a huge name in hip hop... and he brought about g-unit... which was pretty much the biggest group in hip hop for a couple years.
    test
  4. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

This is a tough one...I think the beastie boys opened the door and eminem knocked the bitch off the hinges....I think beastie boys helped expand hip hop well across racial lines...they r the reason why white people my parent's age gave hip hop a chance...

Eminem is the biggest influence the past 10 years though..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

^^^ What he said.

Beastie boys influenced so many artist. They were unique as shit. When Eminem came in he killed it.
    test
  6. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

Word.
    test
  7. weez

weez Paradise wita pair a dice

Eminem did 2 rap what Tiger Woods did 2 golf
    test
  8. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Another analogy would be with boxing when u had jack Johnson open the door for black boxers then joe lous come along and pretty much wreck shit
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. Eminem. The Beasties were big time though. Five classic albums that still sell units right and left? Paul's Boutique (which aged like wine)? You can't hate on the Beasties.
    test
  10. iAMs

iAMs New Member

Beastie Boys first major release: 1986

Eminem's first major release: 1999 (not counting Infinite, however, far from a major release anyways)

We're talking a difference of 13 years.

Winner is: Beastie Boys (TKO), and it's not like they've gone away either.
    test
  11. iAMs

iAMs New Member

Eminem had a bigger influence than the Beasties in terms of pop-music appeal, but as far as influence on hip hop goes:

Beastie Boys have to be put as #1, especially when dealing with white people in hip hop.
    test
  12. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

test
  13. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Beastie Boys are Hebrew/Jew middle eastern Semitic peoples they are not "White people."

It pisses me off when cats always forget too mention Jewish cats for being Jewish....

Asher Roth, Beastie Boys = Jewish/Semitic, get it Kosher.

When an emcee is Latino everyone knows, black everyone is well aware ... but Jews, Jews never get any credit.
    test
  14. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

Eminem is the most influential person in Hip-Hop History, period.

Already.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

Wow at the sheer stupidity of RM.

Eminem had more influence?

WTF?

Why cause you hear all sorts of dude rapping about raping dogs?

Beastie Boys opened the door for Eminem, not to mention played a huge part in rock/rap party music.

Man I can't believe how moronic some of you are, just you like an artist better doesn't mean he shits bars of gold.
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

western jews stopped being middle eastern decades ago.

as for them not getting credit, most people pretty much assume they own Hollywood and anything even remotely to do with entertainment and music.
    test
  17. Oh_No_Its_Kano

Oh_No_Its_Kano New Member

Yeah but thats classifying rappers by their religion. The example you gave of emcee's being latino or black is about their race.

Are you expecting the media to start calling Lupe, Mos Def and Snoop as muslim rappers instead of being black.

PS. I do admit that we shouldn't forget someone's religion as well as thier race.
    test
  18. pahdre101

pahdre101 New Member

Brand new internet radio station is looking for up and coming artist to submit music. We support 1000%

Hip-Hop, RnB, Certified bangers only!

You can submit music by filing out the form and sending the link of your music, twitter & myspace.

EntourageRadio.com Hip-Hop & RnB 24/7
    test
  19. Joro

Joro New Member

Truth is....

Vanilla Ice had a bigger influence on hiphop than both of them.

First hiphop single to ever top the Billboard chart? Ice Ice Baby.

First hiphop album to ever sell eleven mill? Not 50....it was Vanilla Ice's "To The Extreme".

A lotta caucasians who listen to hiphop today wouldn't be if it weren't for Vanilla Ice. He opened up the market.
    test
  20. vandalism

vandalism the king

in terms of influence on hip hop itself... Beastie Boys, no question

they changed a whole lot of shit

Eminem didn't change that much, he just did things better than anyone did them before... the idea of having poppy singles, rapping about 'horrorcore' or drugs or fame or crazy stupid shit, the complex flow full of multis and internal rhymes, being a successful white rapper... he didn't invent any of that shit, people did it all before him. he just did it well

plus eminem only got big in 1999 so by definition he didn't have any influence at all over the best decade of hip hop
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.