Who else was impressed by Jones?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Guy's young and appears to have all the potential in the world. Exciting fighter.
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

extremely impressive. however he showed alot of holes on the mat that someone with an offensive ground game could exploit. his youth should give him plenty of time to improve his ground game and he can be a very dangerous fighter.

Also the guys legs are skinny as shit. i expected to see him break his shin like Corey hill or somthing.
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ha. Also concerned about his gas tank. Sure, he was working one helluva pace, but he could do better. But man... he ate some shots, had some impressive slams and throws, had some flashy strikes (up against a golden gloves boxer). Damn, I was really hoping he wouldn't lose that decision.
    test
  4. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

i became an instant fan. and your right his gas tank did not look good. i was very impressed though at how he didnt let the fact he was gassed dictate how he fought. he was balls to the wall the entire time. he is a testament to how you should capitalize on an opportunity.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

He looked like he can easily be an elite fighter. That was major. Great slams. Only Cung Le has impressed me more w/ judo-like takedowns.... THAT WAS ILL!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i tell you right now that my nigga will be great, give him years man he has all the talent in the world i swear, ive never been so hyped in my life i cant believe he gonna do it on this kinda level... 3-4 days from now ima holla at him to kick it an talk bout this fight, shit is wild to me, i mean ive met fighters before (as a fan) but now knowing one from... way back.. shit just seems surreal.

and yeah his cardio was questionable, he told us on the phone before the fight he felt ready to go 25 minutes if he had to, but obviously that wasnt the case. when he won the gusmao fight, he splurged ill say... he got involved in some hard partying, but cut short soon as he heard bonnar was his next opponent.

his legs will always be a point of focus, we used to call him chicken legs in highschool hahaha but he aint gonna break like corey trust me, hes healthy and solid, that kind of break dont normally happen there had to be more behind that.

my only concern was he couldnt keep bonnar down, thats his weakness he needs to work on that a lot, and i think next time he won't let the cardio lack as much.
    test
  7. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

yeah dude was very impressive. he could be a force to reckon with @ 205 in near future
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Yeah... His jits seemed suspect. A few situations where he coulda taken his back but didn't... But excellent unorthodox striking, great throws, and good takedown defense as a whole....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. Rock Swift

Rock Swift You dunno SHIT about FUCK

jayoo I was buggin the fuck out son as we saw Jonny do his thing
    test
  10. Rock Swift

Rock Swift You dunno SHIT about FUCK

it's weird that we KNOW him... like I said I dunno him as well as u do... I know his brother real real well... just amazing man, hats off to him.
    test
  11. 1234gfret5

1234gfret5 Bitch Suck my 12 Inch

also looked like he got hit quite a few times in the clinch, but bonnars def a better dirty boxer.

nice though.
    test
  12. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

lots of potential. rag dolled bonnar. very impressed with this kid. his grecco roman is on fucking point.
    test
  13. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i didnt give him much chance solely because the experience of bonnar in ufc events but dude was fun to watch, strong and athletic......

i liked the leg trip and all the little subtly flashy things he did, creative and cool
    test
  14. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

you guys from upstate ny? as soon as i saw he was from edicott my boy who went to cortland called his boy up and the dude said he knew him and shit. said hes a bouncer and still goes out a couple nights a week. cant blame him though, i just saw the payouts and he only made like 8gs. that should change very soon though, when he starts making that cheddar than hell be able to train full out. im officially on the bandwagon since he reps ny and was so exciting. bonnars no slouch either
    test
  15. TheNetworkBlast

TheNetworkBlast New Member

dude got rocked
    test
  16. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

My thinking was he had tons of opportunities to take Bonnars back with his throws and trips. if he focused on back control he could be extremely dangerous. after watching that fight i want to see what he would do against a good wrestler like Chuck or Hamill.
    test
  17. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

yeah im upstate ny, him and his brother art graduated a year after me
    he was a bouncer at bobbys place, and he do go out a couple times, but upto the fight he probably secluded himself bout 2-3 months, came out on new years eve and almost threw down with a couple guys hahaha but nothin happened with that

wheres the payouts at? cause when i originally heard about the bonnar fight from him on the phone he explained he wasn't happy because he was receiving only $14,000 to jump from gusmao to an established fighter like bonnar, i doubt they cut $6,000 off?? i dont know.. unless he was including sponsors, but i don't know if he'd have all that info tied off that early..

ps: he wasn't happy but he respected the fact they would even consider giving him a match like bonnar already so he had no problem taking it
    test
  18. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

definitely. i would love to see how he would have done against kim.

his grecco was SICK last night.
    test
  19. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Who else was impressed by Jon Jones? EVERYONE!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

The single leg to elbow dropped my jaw the most. Flashy stuff is usually dangerous, but man it's fun to watch.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.