Who Else Jump Ropes??

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ben Official, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

does it hurt when doing other stuff too? and where in your shoulder does it hurt? the muscle, bone, joint? what part of it? definitely stop as soon as it hurts, you dont want to fuck it up more.

i get a weird pain in my right shoulder but its only when i do the •••••• bars for excessive amounts of time, its really weird and i stop when it hurts but for pull ups and the other bars its fine.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i think its the muscle but not 100% it also happens with other workouts, like overhead press especially when i lift the bar off the rack and do the jerk occasionally when i have to leave my hands up in guard too...i have another problem with my left leg that hurts when i use it (happned when i used to do running too)..its definately a muscle pain but it also happens when i do jump roping. im just gonna talk to a doctor or someone at the gym, im going tomorrow anyway
    test
  3. ILL SEEKAH

ILL SEEKAH Deaf to Depths of Death..

I know this thread is old.

But I just started on my diet/eating right and jump roping is my main workout. I love it, but it is tiring. I'm getting pretty good at it but I have trouble with criss-crossing....or crossovers? I dunno I be thinking the rope is gonna smack me in the face lol and I would like to learn how to do that double-thing (jump and bring the rope twice around) but I found that to be hard. Other than that, thats my cardio work-out.
    test
  4. Ben Official

its all about timing. i was horrible at it when i started. but if you keep practicing you'll be able to do a double, then 2,3, 5, 10, eventually 20-30.

its all about timing. and make sure to keep your legs straight, just jump higher. a lot of people try to bend their legs too much when doing doubles which makes it harder.
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

word just keep practicing and youll do fine. everyone always sucks at jump roping when they start. ...there was a guy at my gym who didnt even know how to jump rope, it was kind of sad. he looked like he could tear shit up in the ring but then we lined up for warm ups and this dude was doing some weird shit i went over to him like, "did you break your foot or something?" iunno man lol.
    test
  6. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

dont overdo it tho

you could fuck ur back and/or legs up jumping everyday
    test
  7. Ben Official

i started having to do triples today, or triple unders as most people call them. woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. and thats with a normal rope, not a speed rope. kills the arms
    test
  8. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

holy shit @ triples.... i took too much time off jumping rope when it got cold.. now im getting back into it.. learning my doubles all over again, altho i dont suck as much as i did when I FIRST started

i got some nice ass running shoes to use... well i've been using them since I last replied in this thread...

skate shoes were cool, cuz they DO absorb shock, but I broke down and got these Adidas bounce shoes, i love them, and i can jump forever without my back hurting a bit
    test
  9. Ben Official

thats good, i have a really tight lumbar region but i never experienced any pain jump roping?

i do have really bad shin splints which SUCKS but they used to be a lot worse.

and skate shoes would be horrible for jump rope in my opinion, good you went with running shoes. i would think skate shoes would be too heavy to jump for a good amount of time in, it would get pretty annoying. i always wear my lightest shoes possible, or no shoes
    test
  10. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

you guys should check out nike frees...they feel like air...

they're not like wrestling shoes or whatever...but for running they are great...
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

i would always jump rope barefoot for the most part cause i did it either at my house or at my muay thai gym.

as for lifting though, i currently wear some adidas tennis shoes which i think are good because they have a flat sole. i hate when i see someone at the gym doing deads or squats with some nike shox or something i just wanna be like dude take those damn things off but then again i dont wanna be known as the douchebag at the gym critiquing everyone like im fucking arnold schwarzenegger or something.
    test
  12. Ben Official

are these them? because i get all nike merchandise for free so i might cop, but if they look like this idk lol

[​IMG]
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

you sponsored by nike? good shit dude if i was you id have every pair of AF1s, Dunks and Jordans.
    test
  14. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

how the fuck you get free nike merch? let me in on it
    test
  15. Ben Official

my sisters boyfriend, and one of my best friends is Phil Kessel from the boston bruins. im not sponsored by nike, he is. he gets paid about 60,000 a year to spend 20,000 on nike merch and he cant do it by himself, nor does he really like nike so i get to spend a good amount for him hehe

[youtube]XnjLy4oJjGk[/youtube]
    test
  16. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I'm badass with jumprope. Like Floyd Mayweather....just slower.
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

if he needs anymore help let me know
    test
  18. happy99

happy99 New Member

I like jump ropes.
    test
  19. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Hey Ben..

So I started jump roping again yesterday... and my back HURTS
    BAD. lol
    I don't think it has anything to do with my chest cause I def. wore adequate support but all up and down my spine is killing me, mostly up by my shoulder blades in the center of my back..

Any suggestions? Could I be doing something wrong?
    test
  20. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

You sure your not just really sore?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.