Who Else Jump Ropes??

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ben Official, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I've BEEN saying this.
    test
  2. The Mad Notes

The Mad Notes That shit is the... ?

Just took my jumprope out for the first time today. It was so fun. I think cuz theres actual skill that u need for doing double unders and criss-crosses n all that good shit. Whereas any fool can run.

Jumped pretty much all day, my calf muscles are buuurninngg. Also got to use my ankle weights for the first time (besides dynamic stretches)

I need to find a better place to jump tho.. I shouldnt be doing it on concrete, but my grass fucks everything up when the rope hits it.

Cant wait till I'm doing it like this..

[youtube]lVkYjp4mqnc[/youtube]
    test
  3. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Yeah, i'm trying to be jumping it like that.
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

hahaha yeah i gotta do all of that shit, the cross overs, the thing where you swing it on your side, the doubles, but im not quite that fast at it hahaha thats tight.

if you use normal jump rope and wanna get faster just use a heavy one, and switch off, do one minute intense with the heavy rope, then 1 minute intense of the normal one, go as fast as you can, do it 5 times with each rope, so a total of 10 minutes, and you'll already be faster with a normal rope.

im not at that guys level yet haha that was real fast. i think he was doing doubles with the cross overs too i think thats pretty tough
    test
  5. Ben Official

and theres nothing wrong with doing it on concrete at all. why dont you like doing it on concrete?
    test
  6. The Mad Notes

A few diff people, including the guy who sold me the jumprope at the store, told me that u can mess up the joints in ur knees, even develop shin splints. Everyone is telling me to get some good shoes and find a soft surface to jump on.

Buuuuuuuut living in the city... its either concrete or grass, and the blades of grass are fucking up my rope when it brushes on the ground. I'm gonna be pissed if I get shin splints.
    test
  7. Ben Official

you wont get shin splints if your doing it right, just land right and you wont have a problem. maybe if your jumping down and landing on your feet flat real hard or something like that. just make sure you have good form and you have nothing to worry about. i do it all the time on a nice day, and my trainer has every regard for safety and potential for injuring myself. hes out there with me counting my jumps when we do it outside, i think you will be fine. i cant imagine doing it in the grass tho lol, id much rather do it on concrete.
    test
  8. Legacy Weapon

Legacy Weapon New Member

I just started jump rope again yesterday

damn it beats the shit out of you hahah

does it help your shoulders and wrists at all, like slightly maybe?

and I'm gonna be doing it on concrete in the garage....might lay down some cardboard or something eventually to make it a lil softer though
    test
  9. Ben Official

its great for your upper arms, its great for lower body, there are many variations instead of just doing the double leg jumps. my guy has me switch it up so i use the heavy rope, then i switch to the regular rope, i do some regular jump rope, then doubles, cross overs, backwords, forwards, knee raises, switching legs, single legs, etc. they all work different stuff, and yea its also good for your arms just make sure you have perfect form.
    test
  10. The Mad Notes

I'll probably just use running shoes when I jump on concrete

Always learn the form and technique before taking a shot at speed.
    test
  11. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Ben, I thought you should know, I had to stop jumproping. It cause me soooooo much pain in my chest and in my back =(
    test
  12. Ben Official

wtf, chest and your back?? your doing it way wrong lol, either that or you have 40 pound breasts
    test
  13. Ben Official

what else would you use? were you going to do it bare footed or something? yea i would definitely use running shoes
    test
  14. Legacy Weapon

Legacy Weapon New Member

^I'm going to do it in sandals

joking
    test
  15. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

i did 5 minutes today and i was DEAD yo, i could barely walk. fuck all that other shit i just do the regular jump rope thats the best
    test
  16. Ben Official

good job, thats a start. everyones gotta start from somewhere.

but to really get the best workout and to work more muscles, you want to do variations.

i wouldn't recommend trying the double jumps or anything like that when your first learning, but definitely try to work in some high knees, backwards jumping, alternating legs, and single legs for like 1 minute each leg and switch. also try to work normal ropes and heavy ropes, because they give you different work outs.

for example, for my warm up today i did 6 minutes of warm up with a normal rope, rest 30 seconds, then 2 minutes of as fast as possible double jumps and double jumps on single legs. then i rested for 30 seconds and he had me use the power jumper and i did normal for 2 minutes, then knee ups for 2 minutes, then single legs, a minute each leg twice, then i had to go 60 yards there and back, back and forth, forward and backwords for the last 3 minutes then one minute freestyle sprint all no rest. so all and all about 20 minutes of jump rope today, using all sorts of variations which makes for a pretty good warm up to the lifting. each day its different but i always make sure to do tons of varieties to get the best workout.

if you want to work your calves use the power jumper if you have access to one, and work single leg jumping. it fucking burns after awhile.
    test
  17. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

the fuck is a power jumper? and holy shit @ 20 minutes for a WARM UP lol.. im in great shape and i was dead after 5 minutes
    test
  18. Ben Official

this is a power jumper, you strap it around your ankles and up around your neck. great for the calves, thighs, and trapezius

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  19. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I do have 40lbs breasts. lol No maybe not thaaaat big.... but theyre huge. And it HURTS.
    test
  20. Ben Official

wear a couple sports bras or something
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.