Who do you think will be Fedor's next opponent?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

They've said already that it won't be Barnett, but that people wouldn't complain about his opponent. I've seen rumors of Vitor, but nothing too serious. I think dream would probably let affliction borrow Cro Cop, unless he's busy at the time (pretty sure he is).

To me, the candidate that seems most likely is kimbo slice. Affliction is holding this event on free tv, and Kimbo still has drawing power. Of course he'll be expected to lose badly, but that would kinda be the point. For those that haven't seen Fedor yet, what's a better introduction than the complete domination of a known name?

Of course this is just a wild guess on my part, and I'm not even sure the contracts would allow it, but monetarily it makes a lot of sense to me for Affliction.
    test
  2. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

who knows...

lashley?

lol
    test
  3. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Kimbo still has atleast 2 fights left to fulfill on Strikeforce, but u never know... Cro Cop rumors are strong.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

lol yo if kimbos ass were to give fedor a loss via KO id die laughing because it would throw the MMA world in a frenzy... fedor would still be considered the best but you know how big of a deal the haters would make of that? i couldnt even imagine, probably because i would bet all money i make for the rest of my life that fedor wins lol
    test
  5. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Isn't babalu bouncing between strikeforce and affliction though?
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

It could definitely happen. The man has ko power, which can end a fight at any time.
    test
  7. Odysseus

not sure.. but it seems like every org but UFC is cool enough to cross-promote.. i love seeing it

all i know is... better not be tito ortiz
    test
  8. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Oh shit, never even thought of that. His return was promised around now last year.
    test
  9. Odysseus

he's big enough to fight at HW right? didnt he always cut mad weight to make LHW?

last time i seen him interviewed, i think he said he should be ready to fight around summer (around the time this event is going on)

i'd honestly rather see the barnett/fedor fight as scheduled before seeing fedor maul tito ortiz

pleeeease give fedor a respectable heavyweight!!
    test
  10. That would suck.. but yea.. Tito cuts a bit of weight..
    test
  11. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Anyone who can't knock out James Thompson doesn't have KO power.

As far as Tito, I seriously doubt it. Affliction said Fedor/Barnett wouldn't happen due to lack of funds(ie they couldn't pay Barnett enough to fight Fedor)...and well...Tito probably commands more dollar than Barnett.
    test
  12. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

Alistair IMO
    test
  13. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

brock vs kimbo

that shit would draw like flies around shit
    test
  14. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

naa... when someone gasses in the first 2 minutes i doubt they gonna have a whole lot of KO power left.. his cardio is the problem not his power, thompson can take shots and has, why you think he acts as if hes fuckin retarded lol

people act like KO power is hard to come by, theres more people with KO power than without, it's just a matter of landing a proper shot.. and having the right technique.. especially against somebody trained to fight
    test
  15. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Real talk im not a Tito fan in the least but i think Ortiz would give Fedor a pretty good fight. I dont think Ortiz can beat him at all. But i'd be interested to see if Fedor can stop Ortiz. It would be a more interesting bout then i think most people would give it credit for.
    test
  16. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

Its gonna be overeem im tellin ya
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.