Who do you think is most likely to BEAT A.Silva?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 7, 2012.

?

Who Could Beat Anderson Silva?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2012.
  1. Chael Sonnen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hector Lombard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Vitor Belfort

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mark Munoz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. OTHER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Who do you think can STOP this man?
    [​IMG]

ANDERSON recently announced he was fighting for "10" more years, and though I think that is a little unlikely for the 36 year old; Expect to see another solid 5 years from the MIDDLEWEIGHT/POUND-4-POUND kingpin.
    ------------------------------
    ( Anderson Silva: I plan to fight for 10 more years - MMA News )
    ----------------------------------------
    Here's a breakdown on 3 of the more credible opponents I could see having a chance stopping ANDERSON.

MARK MUNOZ​

[​IMG]

The Filipino wrecking machine MARK MUNOZ is a good place to start on the list; I think he covers 2 of ANDERSON'S only weaknesses (1, his wrestling& 2, I believe as he gets older he will get a weaker chin). MUNOZ not only has deadly wrestling, but he has confidence standing as well. MARK has a solid run in the UFC, and a lot of heart; But I believe he is still unproven against top comp. He should definitely get some more wins on his record before the belt shot.

VITOR BELFORT​

[​IMG]

Once a young, hyped up phenomenon, often soft spoken VITOR is now thought of as one of the toughest fighters in the 185lb division. He was defeated in a mere matter of minutes by ANDERSON in their first fight, but I truly believe VITOR would do better the second time around. He has just as much experience and arguably the only other streak in the division full of credible victories (over Anthony Johnson, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Matt Linland & Rich Franklin) going 7-1 in the past 5 years. With a win over WANDERLAI SILVA, I don't see much else on the horizon for BELFORT other then SILVA, though a #1 contenders bout against MUNOZ wouldn't be to far-fetched either.

HECTOR LOMBARD
    [​IMG]

I'll go out on a limb here and say this guy has the biggest chance at stopping ANDERSON. HECTOR LOMBARD has a helluva win streak, winning his last 19 or 20 fights. Being that his contract's coming to an end this summer, DANA has already said the UFC will look into him as well.
    ----=----------=------------=------
    ( Dana White: We'll probably end up with Hector Lombard - MMA News )
    ---------=----------=---------=-----
    I understand he is largely unproven, but he has a vast amount of experience, unbelievable confidence in himself/hands and a ground game to boot. I see HECTOR being comfortable where-ever the fight takes place, and even someone who would try to take the fight to ANDERSON; whether it worked in his favor or not is another story.

WHO DO YOU think could possibly take-out THE SPIDER?
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

seeing as the UFC is pretty much the be all and end all of MMA leagues

Lombard has yet to be tested by the best league around.

hes an animal though, but i want to see him get schooled.

You know its a tough decision for me because it feels like forever since anderson fought.

im gonna go with hector because of his power
    test
  3. LungZzZ

Agreed man. I don't want to see Hector getting fucked up by anyone but Silva though; he would fair well with just about everyone in that division other then maybe the other 2 guys I mentioned.
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

father time

no man is unbeatable but he is as close as they come inside the octagon.
    test
  5. LungZzZ

agreed, same weakness I mentioned.
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i dont think anyone on your list or anyone i can think of can beat anderson at the moment. idk the blueprint to beat silva, but i would predict that a strong wrestler with strong bjj skills who would avoid the stand up would be able to beat him in theory.

i dont think anyone who stands up with him will last 5 rounds.

chael will be stopped this time. he is too vulnerable to submissions.

my prediction is that silva will fight until he is finally beaten, then come back and beat that guy, and retire
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

idk how u voted for vitor lungz. if they rematch, which they wont, he will try to stand up with silva again and be knocked out.
    test
  8. LungZzZ

isn't who I would pick to win come fight night as A silva is admittedly my #2 fighter, but I think that rematch needs to happen. The first fight KO was nothing short of legendary but it doesn't mean Vitor couldn't come back strong. I believe he could provide a much better boxing affair next time around. He also trains with Randy and if smart I'm sure will implement some ground work.
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i didn't know vitor had ground work, and i feel his ego will make him want to strike

who is your #1 fighter???

i think the rematch could happen, but he will need to wait behind chael, bisping, munoz, lombard, and maybe more. it was such a dominating win that no one is really demanding a rematch. rich franklin worked his way back to #1 contender status, and vitor needs to do the same. akiyama and overweight johnson wont do it
    test
  10. LungZzZ

My #1, and this is favorite, not Pound4Pound, is RASHAD EVANS.

The KO was dismantling but it didn't make me forget that Vitor dominated the division
    as good as Anderson, OTHER then the fact he didn't attain the belt.
    All he has done is win in the first round of the UFC, against Giants and legends.
    Bisbing/Munoz will both need to earn their shots at the belt. Bisbing Vs Boestch
    is anything but a title eliminator in my eyes, I'm lead to believe The Count would
    need another solid fight to be considered a contender. Mark Munoz Vs Chris Weidman
    CAN be considered a #1 contenders bout, but only because of Munoz streak. If either
    opponent finishes the other I could see them getting the next shot, BUT, they're
    both grinders
    I see as being hard to put a way. Vitor Vs Wanderlai will be Belfort's
    third win since the loss, as well as winning 5 before it.

(INTERESTING FACT: Vitor won bronze in a Submission Grappling Tournament)
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

as good as anderson....im not sure who youre referring to

dominated the division? i don't remember him beating any top fighters except rich. in fact he has lossed to every top fighter to my memory except that win against wandy a long time ago. beating b and c class fighters does not deserve a title shot imo. i feel that bisping beat chael (chael got the political win a la pacquiao vs marquez 3) and he would have beat wandy if not for that miracle last second knockdown which he may have still deserved to win.

munoz beatin maia and leben is much more impressive than akiyama and johnson.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

Maia dropped to WW because he is unsuccessful at MW. Leben is a gatekeeper at best. Akiyama/Johnson are both on Chris Leben's level. He hasn't lost to ONE fighter in the octagon SINCE being resigned, yeah he lost in the past, Anderson lost as well before he entered the Octagon. Vitor doesn't pick his opponents, so I don't get why your against him.

Munoz is the one guy I said makes sense, but from a fan standpoint that would be a lot more boring then a Vitor fight. Bisbing did well against Chael but imaginary wins don't count for much, he is coming off a loss, and if Vitor doesn't get to face Anderson again because of 1, I don't see how he earns one with losing. Vitor is one of the best @ Middleweight, I couldn't think of much people I would bet for if they were to fight him. HE DEMOLISHES anyone put infront of him, Rich Franklin, way faster then Silva did, Akiyama, who was never knockedout in the Octagon, and Anthony Johnson, whom he wobbled on the feet to get on the ground.
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

im not against vitor at all i think he is a great fighter, i just think that vitor's attacking style doesn't match up well with andersons techical measured style. or in other words, silva doesn't get "caught" for a reason.

i wouldnt mind seeing the fight though after i see others fight him whose styles i think match up better or those who just fought him in silvas fight before last

as a #sidenote# leben beat akiyama, and vitor beat a imo not as good franklin and silva beat a dominate middleweight champ.
    test
  14. LungZzZ

He beat Akiyama, it was an amazing fight though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.