Who do you look to...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by sagacious infant, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

[for support when you feel like you can't go it alone?]

It can be more than one source.

[Also, are you someone's rock when they reach a low point?]
    test
  2. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

I have one friend and one only that I got to when I need support... I can remember 2 times when I totally broke down emotionally and actually NEEDED someone, the last time was about 5 years ago...Usually it's stuff that I can work out on my own..
    As for being a rock, I AM everyones rock.. I get emotional but I don't show it.. I'm on some "oh i'm not crying I just got a lil something stuck in my eye" type stuff.. [funny] They only see what's on the outside and from the outside I look strong when Im really a wussy..lol
    test
  3. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I have certain friends that I go to for certain things... like some for guy problems, some for general moral support or encouragement when I'm in a funk (mainly when I get sick of school), mommy issues, etc... its usually the friend that has been through that particular thing and can relate or offer some helpful insight. Like, I don't talk to my childless friends much when I'm stressing over a sick child or just need an ear because I'm frustrated trying to juggle school, home, and the kids... they can't relate... my other mommy friends will be like "giiiirl, I feel you! this is what I did when I had that problem...".

I also keep a lot of stuff bottled up that I don't feel comfortable sharing with anyone... I need to start journaling and painting to release some of that.

oh yeah: I talk to my mother and sister a lot... but its hard for them to view my situation objectively... I'm still "the baby"... plus they think I'm a bit of a wild child... lol... I'm young and single and tend to have this fearless attitude that I can take on the world and do anything... they try to curb that a lot, and it sometimes seems in a weird twisted way that their advise reflects decisions they wish they could make in their own lives (ie which school to go to, where to live, who to date)... like they're trying to live vicariously through me.
    test
  4. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I don't really have anyone I can turn too. Not in a way I'd need them anyway. Got plenty of friends, but none that would understand most things I'd need someone for. My husband is basically the only one can I turn too and when I can't....I just keep it inside :/

As for being someone else's rock. It seems I'm always the person ppl come too. It stresses me out, but I smile and keep at it and give the best advice I can :eek:) I'm there no matter what. Even at 3am....phone me, I'll do my best to be available at all times.
    test
  5. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

in short

im a lot of peoples rock but i have two female friends and two male friends for my problems.....word, how i do
    test
  6. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

My mom is basically my rock. Which is wierd b/c I never thought that she would be b/c growing up it was never like that. She would tell me what I was doing wrong and I'd get mad lol

But as a got older, me and her got a lot closer and she got less biased in her opinions from a mother's standpoint. I mean she is still very motherly in her advice at times, but its more open too..if you know what I mean.

I really realized it a couple months ago when I was totally freaking out about something related to school and I called her up and she made me realize what was really important. People like that are great!

I'm like Short..the whole..everybody's rock thing. People always seem to come to me. I don't mind. It can be emotionally taxing at time, but I feel like that was one of the jobs I was put on this earth for is to be there for people. I'm good at that.
    test
  7. badassyella

badassyella New Member

i dont have many people to turn to either....

It seems liek I'm always the person people I know run to when they have a problem...Im always there to listen, and give pretty good advice, seeing how I've been through a lot of crap these last four years of high school...

but whenever something goes down with me, and i need someone to talk to, i usually keep it to myself...people act like I'm not allowed to have a bad day, or be upset about something...and usually dont take the time to listen when somethings up....
    test
  8. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Word..I know that feeling. I have friends that will actually seem shocked of they see me feeling a little down or something. It can be rough sometimes feeling like you can't let that part of you down b/c nobody else knows how to take it.
    test
  9. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

I usually either work it out myself or talk to my dad about it, unless its a family issue..
    test
  10. quruxley

quruxley SHHHHHET MAN!

I dont like sharing things with people so I moslty keep it to myself...but if I really cant handle it..I guess I'd go to one of my sisters or this one buddy.

as for being someones rock..a few people come to me to vent..but I'm no good at giving them advice..I'm usually at a loss for words, I am however a great listener! lol.
    test
  11. AngeL X

AngeL X Kick Rocks!

No one.. i normally keep to myself ...if i do anything outside of being in prayer..If i do go 2 someones.. it's my Significant other and My close friend ....

and yes.. i am someone's rock when they reach a low point... i think more than I know...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.