Who could beat Money May..

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by jerzcity, Jun 8, 2013.

1. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

..Currently. Canelo has a slight chance, but his conditioning is for 8 rds. I'm thinking Pacquiao, Lucas The Machine, and the winner of JMM-Tim Bradley.

Not gonna happen, but Erislandy Lara is the best active boxer that has the perfect style to outbox Mayweather.
    test
  2. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Floyd beats every last one of the guys you mentioned, including Canelo. If Floyd is 40 and Canelo is 30? Different story...assuming that Canelo continues on his meteoric upward rising trajectory.

Honestly, I don't think anyone out there who is remotely near Floyd's weight class can beat him. Floyd stops Pacquiao, clowns Lucas and Bradley, already dominated JMM. Erislandy Lara? Hasn't fought enough top notch competition or showed the sharpness of technique and ring adjustments to be compared to Floyd in any consistent way. Neither has Broner.
    test
  3. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

I agree about Canelo, you can tell he wants to learn & get better. I'm hoping Pac returns to Cotto fight form, that's the Pac I think could give May a run for his money.

Even after the Angulo fight, I'd still like to see May/Lara. I doubt Floyd just clowns Lucas tho, and you know that fights gotta have atleast one moment similar to May/Mosley rd 2.
    test
  4. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

jerzcity, I have to say that I never thought Pac was as good as the hype train surrounding him. That hype train? Vintage Arum. Remember, Arum did the same thing with ODLH, failed to do so with Floyd [ which caused their split ], and did it with Pac. In short? I never ever thought there was a Pac that could give May a run for his money, and I honestly think that Pac was on P.E.D.s.

I think that Pac started losing because both he and Floyd knew that at some near date that was fast approaching, they'd have to fight each other...and Pac simply could not find a way to slide passed Floyd's mandated random drug test policy. Trying to do so would make him look very bad in the public eye, indeed. So he began scaling back the use of P.E.D.s. I think that the last full bore P.E.D. bout that he took was his fight with Mosely. After that, he began scaling back its use so that he wouldn't test positive in any test he'd take for the Mayweather fight. He also had to prove to himself and everyone else that he could ndeed fight at the most elite levels even with P.E.D.'s, but...honestly...he is not the worldbeater [ cunningly matched against fighters who just came off of a loss and/or who're out of their prime, who must kill themselves to make the weight requirements for his contracts, and who stylistically are exactly the kinds of fighters that Pac can beat with a full P.E.D. enhanced training camp ] without the PEDs as he is with them.

Nobody would be. That's what PEDs do.

Skill-wise? Pac was never in Money's class...he was and always will be far below. That's not a knock on Pac. May is a genuine great. Pac is a very good fighter but NOT a genuine great. Pac is vulnerable to body shots and has always been given life and death fights versus mobile, slick, accurate boxer-punchers who wouldn't stand and trade with him [ especially when he wasn't n PEDs; witness his loss to Morales and his wars with JMM, most of which were so close that it could have gone either way ]. Floyd utterly clowned JMM [ and JMM is one of my favorite boxers ] and the Floyd who used the style that kept his face and most of his body unhittable...the "Pretty Boy Floyd" ultra slick, mobile defense with the pressure technical boxing...would pitch a shut out on Pac and then TKO him. Bad news for Pac? With Floyd Sr. back in Floyd Jr.'s corner...the ultra slickster is back in full force. The Guerrero fight made that abundantly clear.

And that's why Canelo flat out cannot and will not beat Money May. Game over.
    test
  5. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

Canelo is improving plus he's a big JMW that's why I give him a decent shot at dethroning Money.

As for Manny, I consider his offense in the great category. Zab was Mayweather's last difficult fight and Manny has the same stance, hand/footspeed as Super did. I think JMM outpointed Manny in fights 1 & 3 and lost by 1 point in fight #2, but he's an aggressive counterpuncher whereas Mayweather isn't.

I agree he's gonna be ultra slick again with Sr as his trainer, but he'll have less offense to keep Manny away and he's had a long career so I'm thinking those legs gotta be less than they were in his prime. I think with a good gameplan and emphasis on a jab Manny can disrupt Mayweather's rhythm. Ofcourse this is all assuming Manny returns to '09 form.

As it stands, I think Mayweather would school Manny but I think Pacquiao has the physical talent to put a blemish on Mayweather's record, if he fights the right fight.

Then again, I gotta admit Mayweather has gotten more comfortable against southpaws since that Judah fight. The Manny fight would be way more competitive than a Khan, Garcia, or Alexander fight though and especially moreso than against any of Arum's welterweights.
    test
  6. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I still hope PAC vs mayweather happens, because I'm certain whether or not manny is coming off multiple losses that plenty of people would put enough money on him to actually make it worth while to bet on Floyd.
    test
  7. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

Possible. It'll have to be once Manny's contract with Top Rank is up, and he fully commits to Golden Boy(he's been known to sign promotional contracts with different promoters at the same time lol).
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

Who can beat may weather? Nobody that's who. There where chances when he fights like he did in the cotto fight, but now that sr. Is back he is back to being satisfied with high priced sparring matches
    test