who can beat anderson silva?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ONEateSEVEN, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONEateSEVEN

ONEateSEVEN yo yo yo

from ufcs lhw or mw? minus some matt serra shit i dont see it happening
    test
  2. ONEateSEVEN

ONEateSEVEN yo yo yo

yet another thing from mmalinker

Frank Trigg rarely goes a day without putting his foot in his mouth. Whatever the topic, Trigg has an opinion. As I have said before, in his mind he is the Forrest Gump of Mixed Martial Arts. He has seen everything, trained with everyone, and can relate to anything. TAGG Radio would be a decent listen, if he did not feel the need to talk about himself in relation to every guest.

His latest comments are about Anderson Silva. According to Trigg,

"I think I match up very well against Anderson Silva. I think my style, my technique, matches up against Anderson Silva better than, say, Dan Henderson or Travis Lutter. Everyone's so scared of his length and his reach that they stay way the hell outside. They're idiots. That makes no sense. You have to be on the inside. You have to be a Mike Tyson-style boxer against him. He's too elusive to hit in the face. He just has too much movement. You have to work his body. You have to pick him apart. You have to out-point him. He can't hurt you when you're inside because his punching power is from his length and he has to be outside to kick. Yeah, I think I could win."

I almost do not know where to start. Other than the contradictions, his advice boils down to, "Get inside". The obvious problem with that is Silva does not simply allow fighters to walk in unscathed. His offensive prowess punishes opponents who get within striking distance for too long. Usually by the time a fighter gets close, he has been hit multiple times, and is now stuck in the clinch, where Silva is even more dangerous than from long range. This is another fact Trigg breezes over. According to him Silva is not dangerous on the inside. All the fighters who have eaten knees in close might disagree.

This really has no barring on any thing since Trigg is not in the UFC, and even if he was he would not get a shot at Silva. The reason I bring it up is because we have gone way too long without busting on Trigg at Rear Naked News. In honor of this item, I have a challenge for the readers in the comments section. What things are more unlikely to happen than Frank Trigg defeating Anderson Silva?
    test
  3. Disraeli

Disraeli p4p the best

Trigg would get Struck down.

He's a rather well rounded fight for sure, but nobody's invincible.

Someone could probably try to hold him down like Dan did for the first round and win by boring decision.

or tire him on the ground so he's taxed when it goes back to fists.

iono, just some scenarios.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.