Who bought or rented EA MMA?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Delinquent, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

^that's to bad.. i have wondered why the rankings go into the 1000s but no matter when im on it shows online how many challengers are searching fights in each weight class and ive never seen more than 40+ in any single one.. i expected 100s

its a bad time to drop that was their problem..

people still playin cod waitin for black ops in november, you got the fallout fanboys waitin on fallout vegas (playin it now), madden just dropped in august, nba 2k11 just dropped, what about halo reach? i dont follow halo.. these are some of the main games yearly that ALWAYS sell and will ALWAYS take sales from other markets, they should have thought of that. they picked a good time in regards to people who bought ufc and weren't 100% satisfied were tired/bored with it by now and lookin forward to tryin ea mma, except with all these other games a lot of them choose to hold off for somethin else
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Just got the game today.....haven't had a ton of time to play and when I did play I was pretty rusty......game has some flaws but is overall fun.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

and honestly.. even though some like the subs better than shining in ufc.. i know a good handful of people who are turned away from the subs/ground game in this.. they aren't 100% for ufc either but if they were to pick up an mma game to play with friends it'd be undisputed. the problem is being able to stall someone in a position for virtually an entire fight.. like i said earlier ive been back mounted and unable to escape for upwards of 12+ minutes in a 20 minute fight.. i parry'd shots, dropped his stamina near nothing (best i could get it) and even punched em randomly to throw off the vibration a transition gives.. this guy was unshakable, i only got up because he honestly musta got bored since i parry'd good enough to survive

i aint bad either, ive won the belt in every weight online and defended everyone at least once, the HW belt i only won one time and ive defended 7, the rest ive won a couple times and defended a couple.. i got a blue belt with 1 stripe, think my records 76-61 or somethin, i started off 9-32 smh
    test
  5. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

so what if its not selling great? the reviews are killing.

meanwhile they're planning another shitty army of two game?
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Copped, best game i've played since Fight Night Rnd 4

Shit feels way more fluid than UFC once you get the controls down....

Fighting feels more skill based rather than stat/luck based....when you get KO'd or get a KO you know it's cause you fucked up not cause of a token flash Knockout...

as far as the ground, I don't like if you get out of a sub you automatically get a better position. It's more about timed button presses and managing your stamina rather than spamming transitions till you get one like UFC.

Fighters feel more individual as well. AI is kinda ehh, fighting against a real life opponent is where the game really shines. Love the training in Career though, it actually helps unlike UFC and Fight Night.

So far, great game.
    test
  7. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I wish their photo gameface actually worked though.......I'm surprised this is the same engine as fight night, cause that shit worked real good in that and you could tweak it to be damn near 100%

even still, you don't even need the UFC game to play with the UFC fighters..lol..
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Aight, after spending some time with the game it's dope but i got some gripes with it. Namely the Stamina system is damn near broken, you spam punches for minutes at a time without even losing stamina and only uppercuts and hooks to the body will damage the oppenents stamina while jabs and straights do nothing (wtf).

Also on the ground the stamina makes no sense, seems like when you get dominate position your forced to sit there and let your shit regenerate, but the guy on bottom can do a little jab to the body and make it go down. On the flip side you can drop bombs on the opponent to the body postured up and not make a dent. (wtf) Also when the comp blocks a tranisition they lose 0 stamina while you loose all yours, like it doesn't take any energy and your not the one that supposed to have an advantage..lol.

But mechanics wise this game is the shit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.