Who bought or rented EA MMA?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Delinquent, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

copped my copy the day it came out since i had it pre ordered, but didnt have time to play til the next day. shits badass, love it, they fixed all the dumb flaws that were shown from all the vids n shit

i do have some gripes though

-Lackluster CAF. No sliders to morph your facial features, i guess they really want you to use the photo game face shit lol. and you cant customly scale and move tats and sponsor logos.
    -Glitch when you fight in rings. Fighters are literally walking through the ropes during their introductions, they must have left the same animation for when theyre in the cage and didnt tweak it to work with the rings, if that makes sense.
    -Needs more offline game features, just like how UFC Undisputed had the tournament mode, title defense mode, etc. All this game has is fight now/exhibition and career mode.

even tho the caf is lackluster, they do have some good shit about it. such as:
    -bootleg fighter tats, lmfao they got lesnars chest tat, mir's stomach script tat, mark hunt's left arm tat, chucks 'KEMPO' tat, rampage's right arm tat but it says 'RAGE" instead of 'RAMPAGE', same lettering n shit tho, etc. They got bootleg fighter stances too, once is called "Generic Hawaiian Prodigy" which is BJ Penn, and Brocks is "Generic Heavyweight Wrestling Champ" or some shit. Love how they got custom signature fight stances for all the fighters. They also got nearly every name you can think of, what pissed me off tho is how they didnt have my last name, its one of the most common spanish last names you can think of, even the ufc game had it ;(

Career mode is phenominal, destroys the ufc game.

overall, i give the game 8.5/10

edit: oh yeah

fighter share is sick as fuck too, thats whats sick about the photo game face feature, you can use actual fighter pics and make them lol. check out this brock lesnar someone made and put on fighter share so u can download

http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare/fighter/id/43656225/platform/360
    [​IMG]

Frank Mir
    http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare/fighter/id/43953886/platform/360
    [​IMG]

mark hunt
    http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare/fighter/id/43300815/platform/360
    [​IMG]

Chuck Liddell
    http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare/fighter/id/43280486/platform/360
    [​IMG]

Rampage
    http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare/fighter/id/43519716/platform/360
    [​IMG]

Wanderlei Silva
    http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare/fighter/id/43537228/platform/360
    [​IMG]

Anderson Silva
    http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare/fighter/id/43379785/platform/360
    [​IMG]

Forrest Griffin
    http://www.easports.com/mma/fightershare/fighter/id/44013768/platform/360
    [​IMG]
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i cant lie this game is mad fun, some flaws and things they need to change but overall its a great game the career mode with bas is sick except i felt like i had to defend so many times against weak fighters (60 across all stats) and even rematch them at times.. i was KO'n these bums on legendary in under 2min, other fighters were real tough.

i think the stamina takin from shots on the ground needs to be lowered, if someone isnt good at parrying you can drop their stamina with 4-5 knees to the body in half guard easy.. of course when you have someone good with parrying it could be a bitch to land anything and you end up losing most your stamina, its a waiting game but its kind of fun

but.. i dont like that you can consistently block a transition infinite times.. in ufc it'd be like 3 straight then you'd transition regardless and with the reversals there it was stopping people from spamming them 3 times. in this ive had someone mount me, ill turn to give my back an parry some shots an try to shake em but i literally was in that position for over 5 minutes of the 20min round.. he just was patient as fuck, if i was parrying good he wouldnt swing, he would parry if i hit him to try to throw em off and he was quick going from block to transition block. on the other hand, ive fought people who werent as quick as me and i held them between full mount/back mount upward of 7-10 minutes before locking in a choke.. it got to the point i expected them to quit, they literally had no chance, i knew i had them.
    test
  3. jayoo

ps: im disappointed the jon jones CAF's are lame so far... if you can use a picture of the fighters im wondering why nobody did him, his are all guys who have literally not a single facial feature like his, not even a little.
    test
  4. jayoo

anyone else got it an wanna fight sometime i dont got a xbox but my boy let me borrow his 360 and game for another day, its his name so after that he probably wont know what the fuck u talkin bout but this weekend im good money

gamertag: pimp643
    test
  5. jayoo

perfect example, just fought diaz vs woodley, i was dominating and he brought me down and i held em off for maybe 3-4min then he got mount and i never got out, i survived for about 12 minutes no lie then he knocked me out from back mount.. im good with parrys, but when someone is good with denying and taking his time you'll never get rid of him
    test
  6. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

I haven't even gotten around to buying NBA 2K11, damn. I gotta pick that, and EA Sports MMA up.

I got bored with Undisputed after a while, hopefully EA will be a good intro back into MMA games.
    test
  7. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

I got it and its fire

Everything thats great about UFC is in this game, and everything that sucks about UFC is great in this game

I think its badass how you fight online and go back to watch your last few fights, the entire fights replayed.

The only real problem is created fighters online with their "punch range" stats maxed out so they can bodyshot spam you. They should patch that. Has yet to happen to me personally though.

But on the other hand I assume their grappling stats would suck after wasting points on striking, so a good grappling player could nullify them.
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

might pick this up monday, prolly trade in ufc 9 and 10 and see what i can get...dunno yet though, i still like 10 but i never play the shit
    test
  9. jayoo

definitely a good overall game.. another thing though is a guy came in for a flying knee, i went for the takedown, the way the animation went the knee missed me i should have took him right down but somehow he jumps back onto both feet and gets ANOTHER knee up in a takedown block, first strike of the match, rocks me on feet, kicked me before my takedown went thru and i was flash KO'd... that was lame. if i didnt auto take him down off the flying knee then THAT knee should have rocked me, the way it went wasnt realistic in the least.. so theres no takedowns off kicks/punchs or anything? can deny anytime..

not being able to choose no caf is lame too.. never know who picks who until the match is loaded, just fought for middleweight belt against a CAF with 89 striking, 94 clinch, 80 ground, 38 sub, 97 health... unreal, this is the 1 with the flying knee so didnt even get a chance to try a sub. i dunno if i like not seeing who picks who or not, i dont like same fighter fights, or well built CAFs if i pick a lower end fighter.. id pick a top end if i knew.
    test
  10. Odysseus

^yeah thats what i meant with the CAF stat padding

dudes killing one area of their stats and spamming that shit during fights. i guess that was bound to happen. look at wrestling games.

they need to have an option online to do away with all create-a-fighters

and maybe patch the takedown thing u were talking about. i feel that way sometimes when throwing strikes. like something should've gotten thru but didnt.

those, although small gripes, are my only gripes with the game
    test
  11. jayoo

yeah its still a great game
    test
  12. Odysseus

fight against a computer Scott Smith once, its hilarious

They gave him Korean Zombie style lol
    test
  13. imfromcanada

imfromcanada Pot Head

crazy how they got that fighter builder, having some of the UFC names in it makes me want to check it out even more....
    test
  14. jayoo

fighting a guy now with 100 sub 91 ground

haha
    test
  15. jayoo

subbed em with the darce choke, i love it.. guy relied on spinning body kicks, easy to parry with no kick speed lol

fighter share is great i download all the time

im gettin real good at cornering people in the cage
    test
  16. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

How do u delete CAFs n downloaded fighters?
    test
  17. jayoo

not sure havent tried and im not on it right now but i know you can definitely do it from your dashboard by going to your memory settings and deleting things off the drive, anytime i cant figure somethin out i delete it that way
    test
  18. Odysseus

i just got combo'd by some gay created fighter with his standup stats padded named royler huerta wtf
    test
  19. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

where exactly do u go in the dashboard to do that?
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

honestly this game should be compared to ufc 09 if anything, seeing as how this is a first gen EA franchise....i'm sure in a couple years they'll fix all these flaws, that's what i love about EA in the combat game field...they don't put shit out every year like they do their football games.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.