White privilege , overt racism and closet racism in battle rap.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by 1derful, Apr 12, 2013.

1. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

my wiggawom [​IMG]
    test
  2. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

I will concede to manik about white privilege that it is far easier to not focus on race when one isn't being discriminated against on it's basis. Being a native in Canada must suckkkk. The treatment of them by Canadian society is kinda sickening

As for the point that natives are poor, drunk, violent, etc. there is very little biological variation between races. People are essentially all the same. Given this, it's reasonable to conclude that if characteristics are particular to one group of people, there is likely an external cause
    test
  3. Tom HAAANHKS

Tom HAAANHKS That digga

[​IMG]
    test
  4. kazzy23

kazzy23 Active Member

Won't read
    test
  5. SunTzu11

SunTzu11 Active Member

WTF are you even saying? Did you just find some words that you thought sounded smart and then decided to mix them together incoherently?

:pignosesmile:
    test
  6. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with it. the definition just comes off as supporting points for a specific aspect of racism than the term as a whole and that kind of argument can be easily opposed by bringing in other aspects of the term individually too. the only way to properly support your point would be to come at it the term as a whole and not as a sub-category for human behaviour.
    test
  7. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

Totally, completely disagree with that. 100%. but I jus wanted to let u kno, u forgot to call him "my nigga" and say what "real niggas need to kno", cause u know how us niggas be talking, right, my nigga?
    test
  8. martymcfly

you fucking idiot. if you can actually read it says you should be defining the term from an complete behavioural sciences definition than a sub-category for one study of behavioural sciences.
    test
  9. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

OMFG D-Lor came in here.....
    I can't read the pages ive missed because its too likely to be barrage of pseudo-intelligent self-righteous babble about how personal experience with individuated racism equates to wide-spread institutionalized racism.

My area of expertise IRL is indigenous cultures in various areas of the world, most focused on the Amazon rainforest. What is happening down there in hte rainforest, is absolutely abominable but it is a FAR cry from racism. It is pure capitalism. The fact that multiple cultures aren't present in hte Amazon does not make moves to displace tribes people inherently racist. The fact that only one culture (well, its multiple cultures but ethnicity is consistent) is present in the Amazon is just pure bad luck. Straight-the-fuck-up. Telling someone that they have done something on the basis of race rather than personal gain, does not make your whining valid.

With that all said, to be very clear i'm incredibly aware of wide-spread racism in certain aspects of modern culture but i'm also well aware of wide-spread cultural affirmation in almost all the large, effective cultural institutions where possible (possibility depending on whether multiple cultures/cultures willing to compromise are present).
    test
  10. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

A thorough dissertation on race would take up at least 2 pages worth of forum posts. If someone wants me to clarify a bit, I'm willing to do so.
    test
  11. 1derful

1derful Well-Known Member

troof
    test
  12. martymcfly

test
  13. SunTzu11

SunTzu11 Active Member

Dude, you're a fucking moron. Native Americans had a kill/capture bounty on their head all the way up until 1927. It wasn't until 1971 that they had legal recognition of their natural rights. Blacks were just given legal recognition of their existence as human beings 50 years ago (or 2 generations). And one could say the to this day, the systemic and institutional oppression of these people is thriving and in good health.

You want to know what white privilege is? It is being able to claim an aspect of black culture as your own, without even giving a fuck about its origins, roots or heritage or what it came out of.

:youmad?:
    test
  14. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

I sorta feel I buzz killington'd this thread with that loserdom I typed out. This could have been a fun race war if we had some more committed trolls. How am I this level, nice-ish guy on the internet and an asshole in person? I'm doing it wrong! Anyway, there's actually a pretty interesting discussion to be had here which will be ignored because Manik, and to a lesser extent D-Lor, are so disliked on here
    test
  15. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

Couldn't pass up this opportunity to :youmad?::youmad?::youmad?::youmad?:

You were fine to start with. Shit's true. I got an 18 month old and he demonstrates this pretty well (two of my closest friends are straight up black). Your last line though, is absolutely ridiculous. We learn not to be racist by realizing there is no reason for it. Social conditions have a role in this by allowing us to spend time among people of different colour, stature, shape, features and cultures but other than the requite for the formation of the view to take place social conditions have very little to do with putting two pieces of information together i.e I know a lot of people who differ ethnically. None of them have given me a reason to dislike them. (or, if you want to be picky they haven't present an isolated disposition to pissing me off)
    test
  16. martymcfly

yeah, and i came from a 3rd world country as a refugee with my family with nothing. and we made a life for ourselves with NONE of the advantages natives get from social security to free education. so fuck this bullshit. manik's not affected by this. it's his choice to surpass all that so dont' gimme none of that bullshit.
    test
  17. 1derful

1derful Well-Known Member

it happened hundreds of years ago?

The last residential school [ for americans that may not know the term that was the schools where they "civilized" the savage by taking them from thier families ..then they wouldforce them to speak english amongst other things ] closed in 1992

with that been said your assuming i have bad feelings towards white folks but anyone who knows me knows i had a white friend once
    test
  18. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

here a lot of native kids kill themselves cuz they come from
    communities of like 30 on far reserves with no t.vs
    and we try and integrate them suddenly

every member of the reserves around here got 30K dollar check
    from the government for stealin their land
    and they dunno what to do with it n gets caught up in gambling and bad stuff

i guess u made me realise its not ALL their fault lol

but manik is still 100% a hypocrite.
    test
  19. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Even some black people prospered in the face of extraordinary racism, that doesn't mean that the racism didn't exist. Just because some people make it out doesn't negate the impediments to advancement the system produces.
    test
  20. martymcfly

i know you dont hate white folks. if you did you wouldn't be running a division where i've literally seen 1 black guy in the crowd. i'm not purposely defining YOU with this, more-so the idea of oppression and injustice.
    test