White privilege , overt racism and closet racism in battle rap.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by 1derful, Apr 12, 2013.

1. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

aw man, i'm not gonna read through pages of back and forth same arguments for that. i just wanted to know if you answered it. props on doing so.
    test
  2. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

listen, heres the bottom line...

a bunch of you guys like to sit around and type out paragraph upon paragraph about how your life is worse than mine because of the color of your skin while providing no real evidence supporting those claims, anecdotal or otherwise.

personally, i think you're a bunch of uninspired untalented whiny little bitches who dont have the drive or vision to make something extraordinary of yourselves.

you can sit behind your keyboard and type out a novella about how i got to where i did because the magic white fairy left me cake under my pillow. that isnt going to change the fact that im getting my dick sucked in my hot tub living comfortable as shit knowing full well that im reaping the benefits of my hard work, dedication, and smarts.

if somebody came from a worse situation than me and was doing better than i am, id be wondering what the fuck is wrong with me... i certainly wouldnt be sitting around arguing and wondering what privilege or gift granted the other guy the ability to shit on my life. and i DEFINITELY wouldnt be wasting even more of my precious time on this earth beating the dead horse about it, i'd be out making THAT happen for ME.

but thats the difference here. thats why the lot of you arguing the hardest are the biggest failures. structure is a 30 something year old failure of a bouncer living just above the poverty line while playing internet scholar. d-lor is trolling the fuck out of you guys(he certainly doesnt share the same opinions in person, ive asked). and the rest of you that are parroting the argument are simply angry and envious.

get up, get out, and make something of your miserable little life. every second you waste debating the impact of racism in 2013 you are burning an opportunity to better your own personal situation. if you want to let the idea of racism be the shackles that bind you, thats your right. but when you got one of the biggest race baiters on this site telling you he went to college and makes six figures a year while being wesley snipes level dark, you got some plot holes to fill player.

TL;DR: blame racism for your life being shitty instead of going out and getting paid.

[​IMG]
    test
  3. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

No one is saying that racism can't be overcome, of course it can in this society, we're just saying that all things being equal, it makes things harder for certain people. No ones using it as an excuse to personally not achieve. You know you and I come from similar backgrounds eyerate, and we've both accomplished a lot despite it. I would never say that racism is holding people who really want to achieve back. In this society, there isn't much that can hold those kind of people back. We're just saying that a lot of the natural talents you have are not "natural" they come from your opportunities and interactions within society and that on a group level, people's opportunities are going to differ because of the way society is structured.
    test
  4. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

Racism def exist white people need to stop acting like it doesn't
    test
  5. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

I could imagine eyerate during slavery.

"Those blacks need to quit whining, look at Frederick Douglass, he pulled himself up from his own bootstraps out of slavery and is making quite the name for himself. All the blacks complaining are just whining, you can do anything in America, look at me!!
    test
  6. Eyerate

at the end of the day, knowing what you know about where i come from and how i got here, are you basically saying i wouldnt be where i am if my skin was a different color? lets get to the meat and potatoes of this already.
    test
  7. Eyerate

comparing slavery to modern day society might be the worst troll attempt in this entire thread.... and this whole thread is basically dogshit. bravo.
    test
  8. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

So you don't believe that ONLY hard work and genius are necessary for success? You do understand that environment plays a role? Do you agree that because of history, some people are born into worse environments even in the same society than others? Do you think those circumstances might hinder achievement on a group level?
    test
  9. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

The fact that you think this is the heart of the issue shows your lack of understanding. I have no idea if being white helped you get where you're at personally and whether it did or didn't doesn't weaken or strengthen my argument. Hell, it's possible you coulda been MORE successful if you were black who knows. It's on a scale of probability. All I can say is that all other things being equal, being white is more likely to have helped you than hurt you. Doesn't mean it did. This isn't an argument about individuals. We both know people from much worse circumstances than you that are doing waaay better.
    test
  10. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

so other races aren't equal to me?

i shouldnt be taught that skin color doesen't matter?
    that all colored people are different then us whites?
    like ur a different breed?

instead of treating them to same should I treat other ppl worse?
    better than whites maybe?

ppl aren't aloud to discriminate, black have just as much chance of being a doctor,lawyer anything they want. they can have what they want. anything in the world. just like white people. and yellow people.

how do all the successfull black people get by this?
    are they exceptions?

I dont live same place as u so it has to be different but

I will never benefit from being "white". everybody makes who they are

nobody is born something.

u sound like an unmotivated paranoid weak person.
    and guess what, that has nothing to do with ur race.

any money ive ever had in my life, ive worked for.
    i went out there and I found ways. I did it.

I don't own my own theatre and im not that far from just getting by

I lost my 28 an hr job (with no education) to a black man.
    perfomance based, I later learned he he scored 128 i scored 127
    He is the only black person who works in the office.
    the manager, whom I was close with and actually gave me the job
    and who happends to be white gave it to him.

I could JUST AS EASILY as u guys say:

he got the job because he's black. she
    doesen't wanna look bad for discriminating.
    and doing is based on her image.

and even before i got the scores I know why he got it
    cuz he was better than me.

do u guys have real life examples where the opposit happens?
    test
  11. SpecialOhEmPics

theres not one thing other people can have, that you can't.

not one thing.

u say its harder like u got a disability
    if being black is the only obstacle u have in life
    ur one lucky mother fucker. Every day people get by with
    much bigger problems on the inside. real problems.

majority of white people/ other people dont give a fuck about ur color

the word isin't built against you. You care more about urself being black
    than prob over 90% of the people.

name shit I can have, or shit thats easier for me

that u cant, or that is harder for you.

otherwise ur paranoid and ur fear of ur own color
    may be manifesting itself into self esteem and self perception problems.
    test
  12. SpecialOhEmPics

Eyerate already said he didn't get his money from family

and most white people, not to stereotype, are like me (and every1 else)
    and wouldn't help or build a system for ppl with ego problems like him
    succeed.

everything he got he got himself. started from same place as
    u ravenous, a pussy.

if ur close to as smart as him, I can already tell ur much
    easier to stand, personality wise. i'd say you could have and do anything that he did
    even easier than him.

ya dude. u can have ur own theatre.
    test
  13. debani1

debani1   Member

I guess I should have clarified that as "people talking about institutionalized racism" but I thought that was clear enough given the context of my previous post.

Have you ever thought that maybe a single persons success or failure isn't always a very good indicator of socioeconomic problems? Or that this argument might not be about discrediting you and your untold struggles?

Race legitimately may not have been a significant factor in your case like D-Lor said. You can have your "pulled yourself up by your bootstraps" story but why does it mean that institutionalized racism doesn't exist? Who is saying that "you're paid because you're white"? When the economy is doing badly do you also refuse to believe it as long as you're still making money?
    test
  14. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

[​IMG]
    test
  15. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that English is not your native language...
    test
  16. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with how you treat people. Of course you should treat everyone equal. But it's not just you treating everyone equal, it's you actually assuming everyone is equal when they're not. I'm sure in school you also learned about abolitionism and the women's rights movement. So are they equal too in society? Becuz if they were I don't think the feminist movement would exist and be as strong as it is today. Black people & white people aren't equal, whites have the advantage in society, just like men have advantage over women in the coporate world. That doesn't mean you shouldn't treat ppl equal, but by you ignoring the truth you're making yourself ignorant and coming across as uninformed, which is something you should never want to be.
    test
  17. SiegeSupreme

"A new report by the Pew Charitable Trusts shows that a family's race, economic background and neighborhood play a role in economic mobility.

The study finds that while 84% of Americans have higher incomes than their parents did at the same age, those born at the top and bottom of the income ladder are likely to stay there.

When it comes to race, African-Americans are less likely to top their parents' income and wealth than whites are. And blacks are more likely to be stuck at the bottom of the ladder or fall out of the middle.

This study couldn't even measure black mobility in the upper income levels because the number was too small.

Meanwhile here's another piece to the wealth inequality puzzle:

Recent Census Bureau data shows that white Americans have 22 times more wealth than blacks. Twenty-two times.

In 2010 the median household net worth for whites was about $111,000 compared to less than $5,000 for blacks."

I could go on and on posting facts & statistics as I have this entire threat, but again, you guys will keep ignoring them because they don't fit your argument. Everyone else seems to get it except you & Eyerate tbh.

I don't know where you learned math, but "just as much chance to suceed" doesnt = white ppl having on average 22x more money than blacks.
    test
  18. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Minorities are consistently and pervasively typecast in Western media as criminals, and this is just one method through which social mobility is reduced and class stratification lines are maintained.

The redlining of particular residential districts is another.

Let's say I believe all of Eyerate's story about having absolutely zero help in acquiring whatever he has acquired for himself, (I don't place much value in material wealth to begin with, but hey to each his own).

It is still the height of arrogance to dismiss inherent psychological warfare and institutionalized barriers to specific classes, (which, unfortunately, in this country, at least in urban environments, have been divided along racial lines, race itself being a social construct), as insignificant.

I think that cuts to the heart of the problem that most people have with Eyerate's constant self-aggrandizement.
    test
  19. debani1

debani1   Member

test
  20. SiegeSupreme

Quotes from this link

"The results of these studies were startling. Among those with no criminal record, white applicants were more than twice as likely to receive a callback relative to equally qualified black applicants. Even more troubling, whites with a felony conviction fared just as well, if not better, than a black applicant with a clean background."

"Being black in America today is just about the same as having a felony conviction in terms of one’s chances of finding a job.
    The young black men posing as job applicants in this study were bright college kids, models of discipline and hard work; and yet, even in this best case scenario, these applicants were routinely overlooked simply on the basis of the color of their skin. The results of this study suggest that black men must work at least twice as hard as equally qualified whites simply to overcome the stigma of their skin color."

As I said before, only Eyerate and Special seem to ignore the MILLIONS of studies on this subject which have all come to the conclusion tht whites have many societal advantages over blacks.

Eyerate, you seem adamant that your skin color helped you in no way, but you have no way of knowing that at all. The above experiment shows that even with your background, and even if you had a criminal record (which idk if you did or not), you'd still have an advantage over and more likely to be hired than a black man, even with no criminal record.
    test