White privilege , overt racism and closet racism in battle rap.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by 1derful, Apr 12, 2013.

1. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

"The National Institute of Drug Abuse estimated that while 12 percent of drug
    users are black, they make up nearly 50 percent of all drug possession
    arrests in the U.S. (The Black and White of Justice, Freedom Magazine, Volume 128)
    According to the National Drug Strategy Network, although African Americans
    make up less than one-third of the population in Georgia, the black arrest
    rate for drugs is five times greater than the white arrest rate. In addition,
    since 1990, African Americans have accounted for more than 75% of persons
    incarcerated for drug offenses in Georgia and make up 97.7% of the people in
    that state who are given life sentences for drug offenses."

But I'm sure you're gonna tell me that in Georgia, where black people make up 1/3rd of the population that it's not racism that they receive almost 98% of life sentences for drug offenses?

I've posted many charts/graphs and other facts in this thread and could keep doing so easily, but most of you will continue to ignore them because they defeat your case.
    test
  2. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

the guy's from europe they don't even bother to try to conceal their racism there

A Bad European Import: Throwing Banana Peels at Black Athletes | ThinkProgress
    test
  3. stovetop shawty

stovetop shawty half brick shawty

its called white guilt

being overly not racist is almost racist in itself

stop walking around egg shells...its 2013, stop being scared of black people smfh

canandians...
    test
  4. stovetop shawty

test
  5. stovetop shawty

anyone who actually thinks things like affirmative action, white guilt,black president etc make it an even playing field and we have nothing to complain about as black people are racist as shit
    test
  6. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

let's talk about gypsies/pikeys instead. from what i've heard it's okay to hate them right?
    test
  7. Dougay43

Dougay43 Member

Racism=discrimination=acting on a prejudice
    prejudice= any negative perception about a certain group

just because majority of society favours white-europeans doesnt mean that when a black person says something to a white person about their race that its not racist

but at the same time, calling a battler racist for something they say in a battle is like calling Clint Eastwood racist for being in Gran Torino
    test
  8. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Look, you stupid fuck.

I never argued that there's something wrong with "coming from nothing and managing to make it".

What I am arguing is that there's something wrong with coming from nothing, managing to make it, and then smearing that in everyone's face and making it seem like it's ridiculous for people to be adversely affected as a result of being dealt a shitty hand.

If you spent any fucking time reading or educating yourself in any form whatsoever, you would know that the vast majority of people who are born into impoverished communities are adversely affected by their environment or circumstances, and just because someone has managed to remove themselves from that majority and become an exception to the rule shouldn't give them the right to dismiss the barriers to success inherent in the Western system of socioeconomic stratification.

As for your seething hatred of my "conspiracy theories", I never even cited a specific conspiracy theory of any kind. I merely stated that Western media is utter detritus, and that I don't believe any of it, a concept which you profess to agree with, oddly enough. I also stated that I am more than willing to entertain the idea of a false flag operation being carried out upon the populace, which sent you into a rage because you're so hopelessly preconditioned to perceive anyone who brings up the term "false flag operation" as a "conspiracy theorist". You're literally the human equivalent of one of Pavlov's dogs.

Now shut the fuck up and let the grown folks have a conversation.
    test
  9. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

-one a side note

waiting for one of these liberal white people to bring up all the looting and stealing that was done during the Boston Bombing

or is it only when black people steal and loot - it gets Media Coverage?
    test
  10. SKfromVA

SKfromVA Member

The bolded part reminded me of when Mitt Romney told college students that if they wanted to start their own business they should borrow 20 grand from their parents. Because that was "kind of an American experience". Or when he described his college years as "tough"...because he lived off of stock options. Just plain tone-deafness.

It's rather hard to make the claim that you know how it is to be poor or that you "came from nothing" when nothing you say has any basis in any kind of reality that comes from actually being poor.

Already been mentioned, but:
    -white convicts are more likely to be hired than black convicts with the same criminal record (and are still as likely to be hired as black people who have never been arrested)
    -people with "white names" (such as Emily or Brad) are more likely to receive callbacks and interviews than people with "black names" (such as Lakisha or Jamal) even with the exact same resumes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/17/nyregion/17felons.html?_r=0
    'Black' Names A Resume Burden? - CBS News
    test
  11. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Posts 100% on point.

And lol @ borrow 20 grand from their parents. 20 grand was basically my parents yearly income, I couldnt even hope to borrow that much. And I'm not in here claiming I started from the bottom because I grew up with ppl much worse off than me.

But to add on to the list

blacks people more likely to be laid off during cutbacks than white workers.
    test
  12. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Not as good of a troll post.
    test
  13. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

d-lor, i'll say this much without going so much into it. racism is prejudice at it's core. it's not just about institutionalized racism, that's a part of it but it's not the only part of racism. black guy robbin a white guy cause he's white is racism
    test
  14. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

This is wrong, racism has to do with thoughts and feelings of superiority and racial hierarchy and stereotypes. Someone calling you a cracker may very well unconsciously believe that whites are superior to blacks because of the racist structure of society. Just because something is racial doesn't necessarily mean its racist. Like the only people who think black people are genetically superior to whites are like 5 percenters.
    test
  15. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

good to see the nation of gods and earths come up in the thread
    took 53 pages lol
    test
  16. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

Maybe someone calling someone the n word unconsciously
    believe blacks are superior to whites

this is still a everybody can be racist
    except white people thread

saddd.. seems the only ones who think
    white people are better are the colored ppl
    no white person here believes he's better than anyone else
    because of his color
    but lots of color people think they think that. weird.
    test
  17. SpecialOhEmPics

u guys really are saying most white people are racist

u guys can go suck a fat dick tbh.

name anything uve done to do anything about it.
    besides complain and bitch. if it actually was a problem ud do something

i was brought up like every color is the same and so
    are most people I know, I don't know anyone differently
    just because u guys experienced some shit,
    doesent make it near the majority..

some1 else judging people based on color, like u guys

no matter what color they are, are ignorant.
    test
  18. SpecialOhEmPics

to get back on topic name
    some battlers who legitly dont like colored ppl

not that use race as humor
    because they don't think its a big deal
    and aren't paranoid.

Dlor and Manik u guys Both will never ever
    have a battle as big as kid twist vs dumfoundead.. ever
    thats 3 rounds of racism.

guess what, the majority like it.
    manik is a no name and he's mad
    he has something for people to remember him by
    "the native guy"

he had to give himself that persona, and enforce it
    every single battle,

otherwise no one would even know him, hes a bad battler
    and doesen't stand out in any other way

besides being the native guy who cracks natives jokes about himself

thats how u portray urself manik and thats how we know you.
    test
  19. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

LMAO

You guys gotta be better trolls.
    test
  20. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

We live in a racist society that benefits whites. I have no idea what the "majority" of white people think, and wouldn't even begin to try to put thoughts into their heads. I will say that your and eyerate's position closely mirrors mainstream thought on racial issues. I'm of the belief that most people, black, white, Hispanic are just trying to live their lives, and even minorities don't think about these things unless they are faced with them head-on. Many people think this is the natural order.
    test