White privilege , overt racism and closet racism in battle rap.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by 1derful, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Innertt

Innertt Grown Man Posts

shit, guess ill have to start buying my mouth wash before 9pm /:
    test
  2. Chillin

Chillin Active Member

what a ******
    test
  3. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

Nobody outside of like 5 cities in Canada gives a flying fuck about Natives. Neither should anybody in the battle rap community.

/Thread Scalped.
    test
  4. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

"There is no such thing as reverse racism."

Manik once again proves himself to be a total piece of ignorant shit.
    test
  5. King Nut

King Nut super nut

LOL colored folks? shit's racist as fuck...
    test
  6. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

Go huff some gasoline.
    test
  7. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

The OP isn't even very controversial yet practically every comment in the thread is defensive attacking Manik.

Seems he struck a nerve.
    test
  8. bobbylight

So you are still pissed at whitey for killing your people hundreds of years ago? I can't really relate, so I'm not sure, but it doesn't really seem reasonable.
    test
  9. bobbylight

I think everyone just hates manik actually.
    test
  10. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

Look at the size and breadth of his post.... And look at the actually amount of effort any of us have put into responses..... Yeah, Manik sucks, but he's also totally fucking wrong. No one's been defensive anyway lol.

:pignosesmile:
    test
  11. Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar Active Member

I was wondering about this to what did he mean reverse racism like it can't be racist if it's about a white person or what
    test
  12. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Obviously, I don't like how the guy carries himself online either but he's make some points I can agree with and this site practically helps him prove his point. Why do so many feel it's acceptable to attack his race if they have a problem with him?
    test
  13. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

For white people, not talking about racism or talking about it in a way that equates black basketball players calling a white player cracker (but probably still letting her/him join their team anyway) with things like Keystone XL being built on native lands without their consent and the crack cocaine sentencing disparity is ideal. Because if we can make it so every race is equally at fault, then we don't have to answer for our history and present of oppression (no it wasn't you who owned slaves but you are still reaping the benefits nowadays when white ex-cons get called back for job interviews more often than black people that have never been to jail, even though your resumes were the exact same. Although to be fair that study was done in 2005, I could have referred to other studies but fuck it this is long enough Source:Study: White ex-criminals preferred over blacks - Jun. 17, 2005).

Thus, the struggles of other races become their problem and their problem only, and we can sleep at night with a clean conscience and a comforting feeling that we have earned everything we've gotten and other races have not done as well because they are lazy and/or maybe not as intelligent.

Your black friend says otherwise though. And he is a spokesman for all black people, according to you. So you can hide behind him saying what you think like it improves the substance of your point.

Also, when Manik says there is no such thing as reverse racism, he is referring to the sociological definition of racism as prejudice+power. In the USA (and Canada), non-white people cannot be racist because they don't have the power. I think it's a better definition than the colloquial one easily, though people do seem to use it to gloss over prejudice sometimes. You can still be a huge douchebag on an interpersonal level, just because you don't have institutional backing doesn't make you any less of a douchebag.

EDIT: And just to be clear, Manik is not a good battle rapper and seems like a dick based on that illipsis thing. I'm separating the message from the person here.
    test
  14. Tom HAAANHKS

Tom HAAANHKS That digga

[​IMG]
    test
  15. DRObain

DRObain Member

Manik still wack as fuck.

I actually ain't mad at this thread, tho. Some good points brought up here.

:shaqsalute:
    test
  16. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

valid points from a guy who called sun tzu a wigger and a cracker and called himself the brown kid who killed the white guy.

it's just a battle, manik. its just a battle.
    test
  17. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I think he's referring to racism being inherently oppressive. You can't have minorities oppressing the majority because that's not how it works. I think thatis the argument that how can you have reverse racism when you can't have reverse oppression?
    test
  18. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

manik said there's no such thing as reverse racism and that's there a lot of ignorant "colored folks" too. meaning anybody can be racist and racism is racism.
    test
  19. AREpee420

AREpee420 ashy to classy

quit being a bitch.. its battle rap, basically anything (as weve all seen) goes in battle rap, pussy.

:manikpanic:
    that double chin game>>>>
    test
  20. Trollinest

Trollinest Member

hey manik. shut the fuck up

[​IMG]
    test