While the racism topic is still warm

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by Gorilla Nasty, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Why is it that hip-hop is never looked at in a good light? Everybody in the media whines and cries about the messages being sent which is true. But they never look at the fact that hip-hop is slowly but surely unifying all cultures around the world. Meanwhile most other genres don't come close to that effect, and most actually alienate other cultures in some way or another.

Just some food for thought.
    test
  2. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

this is the gallery mofo, you best getchu some pickchas up in here.

but...

Watching the AMA's the other night killed me. For best hiphop/rap group the nominees were 'Dem Franchise Boys' (i have no clue who the fuck they are but they sounded like every other catchy bullshit rappers from the south), Black Eyed Peas (more catchy commercial made bullshit..... i mean... my humps? You've got to be kidding me) and Three 6 Mafia......(i didn't even know these guys had put out an album within the last 5 years. They were okay when I was in 9th grade....after that they started with that shitty sippin on sizzurp nonsense and fell off)

Now really. In the entire genre of hiphop.... these are their 3 top groups?...... where the hell were they looking? The Verizon wireless most popular ringtone section?.....

Retarded. Rap has too many stupid people making songs to be taken seriously by casual fans....
    test
  3. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

hahahah what the fuck is u listening to if u dont know who dfb is hahahah

damn homie u must be in a whole in the middle of no where beating off to madona posters haha

but name ya top 3 artist,

bet its some of that bullshit underground shit
    test
  4. Gorilla Nasty

ehhhhh, very slow year for rap. Think I might have heard 1 maybe 2 songs I liked the whole year.
    test
  5. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I know, right? He didn't know that 3 6 mafia released anything in the last 3 years, meanwhile they won a fucking OSCAR last year. And the Black Eyed Peas are like, some real musical shit. That dude Will.i.am has produced from everyone from John Legend to Game this year. This is the American Music Awards, not the EmoFunkUnderground awards. wtf??!?

It HAS however been a light year for hip hop, tho November has been big. Game and Jigga have done wonders this month.
    test
  6. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

Hip Hop is unifying all cultures across the world?

How American of you.
    test
  7. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Well, it's unifying more cultures than rock seems to be, or RnB or Jazz. I think his point is that it's doing more good than harm. I'm not sure I fully agree, but it clearly has the potential to be very beneficial. Music can propel a movement, a revolution, and often times has. Commerce just has used hip hop for the wrong reasons damn near since it's inception. (And yes, "hip hop", not just rap).
    test
  8. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

Music doesn't unify cultures. That's some fairytale nonsense believed by people who simply can't just enjoy music.

Music can influence other cultures, but it can't unify them or dramatically change them. Rap for all intents and purposes started in America and influenced Centeral/South Americas and parts of Europe.

But the difference is so great that Americans wont actually listen to it as if it were rap. Same with Indie/Rock. Same with the cultural differences within rap in America.

Music has always been a medium of communication/expression. Cultures use music to express themselves and who they are. By that deffinition alone there's never going to be a unification.
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Really it is though. It's even very clearly evidenced by the wide variety of people on this board. You have almost every color. And one would be a fool to think that that does not represent a trend across the world. Why do you suppose rappers tend to do better numbers overseas?

Gradually, barriers are being broken down. Giving people common ground other than just being human. That will ultimately lead to the mixing of cultures. And that will spell the end of racism. Of course provided we don't kill each other before that happens.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.