Which current champ will hold onto their title this year?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

there will always be bj haters. if you cannot be impressed by his record, you must be misinformed.

he moved up and destroyed matt hughes in hughes' prime, when he was thought to be unstoppable.

rodrigo, renzo, great at bjj, didnt make the transfer over to mma as well.

stevenson is no slouch. a great bjj black belt who bj made look like a white belt.

but the haters will keep hating, let them hate. it only makes me love him more
    test
  2. WhiteWidow

and if i recall one of the trainers from someone on rm is training bj?
    test
  3. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

yeah because i dont think bj is the BEST EVA im a hater

either that or he has maybe impressed me 2-3 times in his career

lets reward him for fighting out of class because he was lazy and didnt want to cut

ok those losses dont count
    test
  4. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

lol.. yes he was lazy and didn't want to cut..

OR.. he was fighting championship fights in the welterweight division

if i recall.. he was the welterweight champ and the lightweight champ when he beat matt hughs... but he cant hold 2 belts.. so then he gave it up to top contender match... which GSP won..

then he went up to fight gsp... lost controversially.. fought again, lost fair and square

yeah its cause he's lazy.. thats why he fights for championships

your a fucking tool bag
    test
  5. WhiteWidow

bj IS lazy. and he tries to accomplish things that are pretty ridiculous. but nobody else does.

its pretty insane to try to put on that much weight in that little amount of time and still maintain the cardio shape it takes to beat the likes of GSP lol. he may not be the smartest man on the planet, but he is probably THE most technical fighter in MMA.
    test
  6. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

yeah the only reason ur boytoy lost is because gsp had a teaspoon of vaseline on his back.. i hear vaseline is quickly absorbed by the body and grants the user temporary god mode strength and lazer beams.. bj didnt stand a chance against such a worthless opponent who has to resort to drug use inside the octagon
    test
  7. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

bj is a lazy piece of shit..

he had 6 months to gain weight for the GSP fight.. he came in 2 pounds under the limit.

i know ur a faggot and u dont understand 99% of fighters cut 20 pounds of water to make weight... but thats the way it is...

so bj penn culdnt gain 20 pounds of muscle mass in 6 months.. even though hes a millionaire..?

pathetic.. no excuse.
    test
  8. WhiteWidow

^ are you fucking kidding me? im not saying bj is the smartest man in the planet. he was silly for thinking he can gain all the weight needed in 6 months WHILE STILL MAINTAINING CARDIO. that is damn near impossible. i'm not sure what he was thinking. to be able to gain that weight while maintaining the cardio needed would take at least a year, year and a half to do it right. no human can gain that much while maintaining cardio in that short of time. so it was not a smart decision, but come on. no way should anyone be expected to do that lol
    test
  9. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

hmm.. thats pretty silly.

ever heard of rich franklin?

he packed on weight when he moved from 185 > 205.. didnt see that he had a cardio problem....

ever heard of dan henderson?
    this guy fights in diff weight classes all the time.. never seen any cardio issue.

randy cotoure? yet another fighter who moved up a weight class... not only did he NOT show any weaknesses..he won the belt at HW after moving up.

fedor? im sure u have no idea who fedor is btu hes a really fat fucker.. no muscle definition whatsoever... 29-1 in his career however i have never seen him gas...

phil baroni... cut like mr olympia.. gases in nearly all of his fights...

please explain how weight affects cardio?
    test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

lesnar losin it to mir (got money on this)
    gsp losin it to alves (got money on this)
    penn losin it to florian
    overeem losin it to rogers (dont really think so but id love to see rogers get it done lol)

and thats all of those who i think'll lose it

GSP also got TKO'd by matt serra after a great win over hughes who just beat serra... so i mean..
    i dont think alves's early ufc fights will play that big of a role, they've both grown from losses
    test
  11. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

being too 'cut' can be more of a downfall than an advantage

thats why diaz pretty much sucked at 160

alot of muscly guys and bulky guys will also gas quickly, see bob sapp

i dont think fedor is a 'fat ass' i think thats a little much, people alwyas make it out to be more than it is... hes not RIPPED but he is a very big very fit fella, and has said before he eats what he wants because he trains so hard... but yeah his tank ALWAYS seems to be on or near full

how you gonna call dude FAT???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

maybe dude doesnt have a bodybuilder frame but i think it would be unfair to call him FAT... you wouldnt see a dude on the street built like him (6 ft 235lb ) and nessessarily call dude a lard ass... sure for as bad as he is, he sure isnt built like the baddest man on the planet or what youd expect him to look like but hes fit

[​IMG]
    test
  12. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

haha mark.. im just trying to give whitewidow a point.. he said bj penn couldnt gain weight because it woulda been impossible to keep good cardio...

so i used fedor as an example, along wth others who fluxuate weight classes a lot such as franklin, hendo, cotoure etc.
    test
  13. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

im 6 ft 235 lbs 34 inch waist....

im built almost exactly like fedor , thats why i get defensive for dude hahaha
    test
  14. WhiteWidow

first of all all of the people you mentioned who moved up in weight did not have to gain as much as bj. they walk around already much higher in their weight class than bj so it doesn't take as much time to put the weight on.

when you put weight on, you have 2 choices:
    1. you can pretty much cut out the cardio and just stick to eating and lifting weights. this allows you to gain the weight faster, since cardio is a set back to gaining weight. once the desired weight is reached then the person can add in cardio again, but this takes time to get back into it, much more time than bj had.
    2. you can put weight on and still maintain cardio, however this takes much, much longer to do it right. no way can people gain that much while still maintaining the endurance needed to last in a fight like that in that short amount of time.

i never said being cut = having cardio, either. idk why your mentioning phil baroni.

and lol @ fedor having no definition. once again being cut is not equal to having ridiculous cardio shape. fedor CHOOSES to have the extra fat on him BECAUSE of endurance.

rich franklin moving from 185 to 205 when he already walks around about 200 pounds is not a big weight gain lol.
    test
  15. Noodles

i'm convinced unknown333 is a youngster... with not much argument skills, and a brain full of things his parents tell him

Most of your examples are BIGGER people. BJ Penn is a NATURAL 155 fighter...

Your fighters are NATURALly bigger. Henderson and Franklin and Couture WALK AROUND at BIGGER WEIGHTS.. they dont put on weight, they drop weight for weigh-ins and then fight at their higher weight... wanna know what they do when they "fight at higher weight classes"? They do nothing.. they just walk in and fight without change.

BJ Penn has to GAIN WEIGHT to fight other people... He loses cardio in the gain.. your guys dont lose.. and most of the guys you mentioned are people that float from Heavyweight to Light Heavyweight... which of course you realize is a 1 pound difference? 205 and greater than 205.. lol..

and now GSP is on steroids? are you aware that they do drug testing in the ufc regularly? are you aware that previous fighters caught on steroids have been suspended without pay?

You clearly don't know what your talking about.. Your a barrel of spoon fed opinions with no factual base. You clearly know nothing of this sport other than what comes to everyone at face value.. You don't even know how weigh-ins work.
    test
  16. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

bj fought at WW before lw douche.

hes a millionaire who failed to pack on a elast 15 pounds in a 6 month time period.

no excuses.

i wonder if hes gonna accuse florian of greasing after he loses the belt.
    test
  17. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

oh wow noodles.. u r a retard...

when i mentioned GSP and steroids that was an example of SARCASM....

jesus christ u r a retard dude go cheat in some more internet rap battls or something cool joe.
    test
  18. Noodles

lol... you mad
    test
  19. WhiteWidow

you both get so heated, cant people have a nice debate? lol.

jesus H.

bj did fight at ww before but he is a natural 155er.
    test
  20. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

^^^^ thats my point man

he is a natural 155 and fought 170 because he was too lazy initially to lose the weight and be at 155

people want to act like that didnt happen or those losses dont count

wtf
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.