Where is Rousimar Palhares?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ANDtheMC, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Maannnnn... I've been waiting anxiously to see this guy fight again in the UFC. Where is he at?
    test
  2. Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou The Sothist.

he dropped a UD to Henderson... i don't think his next fight is signed yet
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Nah, I was looking for 'em earlier today. I know he lost to Henderson (which I think was B/S with Henderson running around not trying to engage whatsoever) but he signed to fight at UFC 93 against Jeremy Horn. Should be an easy submission of the night victory for him...
    test
  4. littleslimlocc

littleslimlocc New Member

the fight with Horn is officially confirmed

and the Hendo win was awesome, i dont know what you're talking about - that was perfect game planning from Hendo - not the most stimulating fight, but brilliant played by Dan - another submission loss would have looked horrible for him, and if Palhares was as good as he COULD be, he would have been able to secure a TD and work for that sub. He's got time though, and he's VERY promising.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ It was annoying. If it was Pride, he might've got fine for trying to not engage.... I know a win is a win but it was pretty ridiculous. And a lotta the points Hendo got for "hard shots" that the crowd went wild for didn't even land. I watched that fight over 10 times... The shots he did land on 'em didn't hit 'em clean (with the exception of a few) and even that punch he threw from the top to end the fight missed but the crowd went wild. They were all on Hendo's dick. How the fuck did two of the judges give Hendo 3-0 when Rousimar OBVIOUSLY won round 2. That shit made no sense....

IMO, it was BS... I think Round 1 was even very much up in the air. And they made it seem like Hendo was actually knocking Palhares down. Majority of the time, Palhares was playing opposum and trying to get Hendo into his guard. He would just drop hoping Hendo would follow. I thought it was pretty obvious. ::shrugs::
    test
  6. littleslimlocc

littleslimlocc New Member

yea but you gotta realize, while you can frown at hendo for avoiding the takedown, you've got plenty of reasons to frown at palhares for basically fallin and pullin gaurd - nobody likes the buttscoot - especially not judges. I'm not going to speak super heavy on the fight overall, it's on my dvr, but i havent watched it since fight night and the following day, but if i recall i either scored it 3-0 hendo, or 2-1 hendo - either way, he definitely earned the W.

Palhares is going to have a really bright future, but he's going to need plenty of time to go through those difficult wars, where he can't always implement his game plan - just so he can learn to be more resourceful. He's got to get in touch with adversity, and learn how to adapt in a fight. Hendo isn't going to be the only guy who can successfully stop his shots.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ It's gonna be tough to stop his shots... Especially as his stand up gets better cuz Palhares already has some of the best takedowns I've seen (watch his shit prior to UFC as well).... And I don't think there is ANY WAY IN HELL that Palhares lost round 2. The slam, a few body kicks that landed perfectly, and of course the knee bar into a heel hook. And round 1 was fairly even IMO... Palhares hit 'em with a real hard body kick , had side control, went for a knee bar, etc etc. I think the judges were fulla shit...

But I do agree that judges won't like floppers... I even agree on the judging cuz based on the way they fought, Henderson won (barely). But in the UFC, I feel they need to force fighters to engage. If that was a real fight in the street, not one person on this planet would've said Henderson won. Palhares didn't have a scratch/bruise/mark on his face.... Henderson didn't hit 'em as hard as they claimed because if he did, there would've been knots/welts/bruises/cuts... Again, if it was Pride, Henderson might've been fined for not engaging... I think UFC should implement those rules. Nobody wants to see a fight run around... He only engaged when Palhares came after him with the exception of a couple back 'n forths...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.