Where did whats his name's wifey come from?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Sir Bustalot, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Um. The dude was hanging on a cross. He recieved punishment. Technically in the eyes of the law ur desolved of your mistake after sentence. And this sentence would take his life. Was Jesus wrong to accept him, even after hes been punished for his crime.?
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

this almost sounds like the conclusion that i have been working towards myself, though i might be reading you wrong. this is somewhat the theme i initially set out to establish in my 'evil' thread, though it progressed into something different along the way.

if i'm reading you right, it sounds like you're invoking a certain objective detachment that comes with the concept of an all-encompassing god. god does not need to forgive because he views existence from a higher vantage point and thus is not concerned with the deeds we consider evil in the first place since it's all just extensions of his own creation.

correct me if i'm interpreting you wrong.
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^i always understand what you two are against, but never what you are actually for
    test
  4. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

no correction needed, that's precisely what i was getting at
    mind you though, that form of indifference to our perception of evil shouldn't be seen as a bad thing...it's not like god's a person not speaking up when he sees someone stealing from a lady's purse..."god"'s indifference is necessary for our existence
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Does him not stepping in when a lady gets her purse robbed account as indifference though?

Couldnt there be a reason. Could there be a hinderence?
    Could there be another way he shows interest that wr may know or not know about?
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i understand you're speaking as an indifferent god, but i'm speaking about the god in the bible, who people follow.

the way i understand it, god knows the beginning and end, so before you're born he knows you're entire life and therefore, will have forgiven you before you even ask, so what's the point of asking?

regardless, the fact remains that if i read your original comment properly, you hinted at christianity being ridiculous because anyone who asks for forgiveness is essentially given a second chance and that was wrong. if that wasn't your tone inflection, i misread, but since it's the internet...that was my interpretation.

regardless of if god cares about the grand scheme of things or not, he still apparently hears each individual, and so if it were a grand scheme thing, no matter what some people do they'd still go to hell and others heaven. instead, each individual must consult with god for forgiveness, otherwise our existence would have no reason as to whether we do good or bad, since we're already predetermined to go somewhere because overall, it doesn't really matter.

fuck. i think i just rambled. i don't even know what i just wrote.
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

what i took out of it was no matter what you do, your destination has been written.

i don't see it that way, i think god has given us the ink.

it's up to us to write our destiny with it.

:numaan:
    test
  8. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

well, stop speaking about the "god in the bible" and your problems with reality will cease... there is no difference of the god in the bible and "god god", it's just the bible puts a ridiculous definition of what god is, essentially humanizing god, which is not the way to see it, not that following the bible will hinder your soul's progression, there's just more, so much more

and, a step further, the destinies we're writing, are being written on god

we are building god back up, with every tragedy and triumph alike
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i gathered you were referring to the humanized god in the bible, hence the purpose of arguing for christianity based on literal interpretation. it doesn't mean i necessarily believe it, but i do argue points on both sides since i like to see basis for reasoning, but seeing that basis without convoluting the responses with quotes and arguments.

open discussion > my fact is fact
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

that was my argument on that topic - that in the bible and even in preachings, they say god is the alpha and omega, the beginning and end, he has a plan, etc. etc.

if that's all true, then how can anyone not end up as a devout christian? sure we have free will, but that eliminates the point of having a plan.

if i give a business plan for success, then tell the workers "hey, if you want to succeed, do this, but otherwise do whatever you want as long as you end up finishing this", i'm gettin fired.
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

because it doesn't make sense to some people.

there's different religions, different races, different languages for a reason.

:numaan:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.