Where did whats his name's wifey come from?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Sir Bustalot, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

no, he doesn't.

your short answer made more sense than all his posts combined.

but what i don't understand is if he's your lord and saviour, how can he die?

how can you worship someone to save you, when he couldn't save himself off a cross?

:numaan:
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Because u still commit them. Sin will exist until judgement, at that time 'sin and death is cast into the lake of fire'
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

u are actually correct in the dirst sentence. 2nd one kinda right. The wages of sin is death, so u should have to pay with physical and spiritual death. Seperation from God, cus God cant be around sin. So jesus provided a way to be forgiven by paying your wage unfairly. Therefore by accepting him, u are accepting a chance to be forgiven. And it says when u are forgiven God casts even the thought into the sea of forgettence. U have decent answers tho.
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

you need to work on answering people concisely.

zyclon came in and answered the question straight up, you still beating.

test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

didn't the jews used to sacrifice goats and shit? i don't think they had to spill their own blood.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

They both did. At the end of the Book of Numbers an interesting loophole emerged. A man died without a son, leaving 4 daughters. They came to Moses complaining that they would lose the family land since there was no son to inherit it. Moses sought the Lord Who decreed that if there was no son in a family daughters could inherit family land providing they married within their own tribal clan. In effect they had to marry a cousin to keep the land in the "family." This made sense since land was allotted first by tribe then by clan then by family. Marrying within the clan kept the families in close proximity and preserved the tribal allotment. (Num. 36 1:13) Now compare the 2 genealogies of Jesus in Matthew 1:1-17 and Luke 3:23-38, and you'll discover that Mary and Joseph were both of the tribe of Judah and descendants of David.oseph descended through Solomon, the royal but cursed line, while Mary's line was through Solomon's brother Nathan. Here's the tricky part. Mary had no brothers, and so was entitled to inherit her family's land as long as she married someone also descended from David. Joseph fit the bill and being in the royal line had a claim to the throne, but carried the blood curse. No biological son of his could ever legally qualify as Israel's king, but Joseph could secure Mary's right of inheritance. When Mary accepted Joseph's offer of marriage she preserved her family's land and also made good her son's claim to the throne of Israel. Jesus was in the royal succession through Joseph but escaped the curse since he wasn't Joseph's biological son. But He was a biological descendant of David's through his mother and therefore of the "house and lineage of David." This whole issue revolves around the facts that a) God has bound Himself to His own laws and b) He keeps His word; facts that should give you great comfort. God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should change His mind (Num. 23:19). Legally, a virgin birth was required to produce a sinless man who would be qualified and able to serve as our Kinsman Redeemer, and God longed to redeem us. A virgin birth was also required to sidestep the blood curse on the royal line, fulfilling God's promise to David that a biological descendant of his would sit on the throne of Israel forever.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i figured as much. i was gonna continue my statement with "but then again, if we all decend from adam & eve, then everyone is of the same bloodline so it really doesn't matter", but i wanted to see someone's actual response to it.

anyway, i still wouldn't follow the line of joseph. i'd follow mary, regardless if it leads back to the same person.
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

that's actually answered in the bible, and reenacted in every easter play. jesus is on the cross, the man to his (left/right, can't remember) says "you're the son of god, why don't you just save yourself?" jesus answers him with some answer. the other guy says "you truly are the son of god" and jesus says he'll sit at his right hand that night.

he didn't save himself because there would be no meaning for him to die then. his purpose was to suffer so we wouldn't have to. to forgo death and do what everyone knew he could do would not only show a careless and pompous messiah, but also would've defeated the whole purpose of his being here.

i'm horrible at descriptions.
    test
  10. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i was looking into it.

mary's bloodline traces back to that of prophet solomon.

then from there, you can trace solomon's family tree back to the top (adam).

you're also horrible at quoting passage from your scripture lol.

what did jesus say to the man who questioned him, for him to say "you truly are".

test
  11. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

how did you go about tracing mary's bloodline?
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

[​IMG]

if image isn't showing - link.

it's the islamic version of the prophet hood tree.

they've done very well with the links from adam to muhammad.

but for jesus, there has been generation gaps between mary and solomon.

edit ; just realized the names are the arabic counterparts (maryam, isa, yusuf, musa, daud).

test
  13. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i have never had the patience to read the bible. i only picked up all the shit i know cuz my entire family was brought up christian and everyone but me is now devout.

Luke 23:32-43, (NAS95) 32 Two others also, who were criminals, were being led away to be put to death with Him. 33 When they came to the place called The Skull, there they crucified Him and the criminals, one on the right and the other on the left. 34 But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves. 35 And the people stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One." 36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming up to Him, offering Him sour wine, 37 and saying, "If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself!" 38 Now there was also an inscription above Him, "THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS." 39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, "Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!" 40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, "Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 "And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." 42 And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" 43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."
    test
  14. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

And thats what Christianity is all about.. Even if you are a criminal who is suffering justly, dying on your crucifix, you too can get into paradise. Murderers. Rapists. Just show Christ some love and you can have all that forgotten..

That or it was just the mailman.
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

so you've never forgiven anyone who's ever done any wrong to you, regardless of whether they've unquestionably changed their ways and have apologized?

i suggest you try being a better person before you start judging everyone else.
    test
  16. breathlesss

Forgiveness is not about giving permission to someone who you think has wronged you to no longer feel guilt, forgiveness is about realizing the action you see as wrong doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

it is best to forgive oneself of labeling another as judgemental
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

because one's been forgiven doesn't mean they don't feel guilt. it means they've accepted their guilt. like that criminal said "we're guilty", it doesn't mean that he didn't feel guilt for the crime, it means he accepted that what he did was wrong and asked for forgiveness.

forgiveness has nothing to do with whether something matters in the grand scheme of things. forgiveness is forgiving someone regardless of their actions. if a person can forgive someone for murdering their family member, why can't god forgive someone for the same crime?
    test
  18. breathlesss

a person can forgive someone for murdering there family because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things

i never said even remotely that god can't forgive some of the same crime, don't know where you were going with that?

and maybe i shouldn't have said guilt per se, maybe just actions

You forgiving someone has nothing to do with them accepting the guilt

what i meant is that forgiveness is on the level of self, it is your own acceptance of the eventually inconsequential actions of others, in the grand scheme of things

this is true forgiveness, this is not the webster's definition of the word...

remember, you must also forgive the word for knowing yourself
    test
  19. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you faulted christianity for being forgiving of those who have committed haneous crimes to other humans, just because they repented. i was arguing that humans are capable of that forgiveness, so why can't god be? why fault only christians when all humans can forgive?

if the person isn't truly sorry, they won't be accepted into heaven, so there's no worries that they won't receive just punishment in the end. those who are truly sorry, though, are allowed forgiveness and to experience heaven.

at least that's how it's supposed to work.
    test
  20. breathlesss

i don't remember faulting christianity, or even mentioning christianity's approach to forgiveness bro, in fact, my view of forgiveness is inconsequential to "god"'s view, which doesn't need to forgive because it understands the grand scheme of things

yea, it's about the person themselves being truly sorry...but you still aren't getting it....them being truly sorry is their proper forgiveness, and you're still left worrying about their punishment...which is something you must forgive yourself of
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.