Where all the TO Haters at?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Gorilla Nasty, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

hey Gorilla... i thought u said TO was good for 2 extra wins??

last time i checked dallas finished with the same record as last yr.

and on top of that Philly finished with a better record
    test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

TO is better than your favorite.
    test
  3. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

stop acting like TO is jerry rice.

hes not eevn chris carter
    test
  4. Gorilla Nasty

Let me rephrase that. He's better than your favorite current reciever.
    test
  5. double ML

double ML Guest

chris carter was fuckin' good

2nd only to rice

marvin harrison is still the best WR in the game today
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Funny how even Marvin Harrison agrees with me. When you factor in that Harrison had HOF QB throwing to him his entire career, this argument gets really silly. Harrison also has played in 12 more games than Owens. Now TO does drop a lot of balls, I'll admit. Harrison has actually started 25 more games than Owens. It's most definately and about 95% likely that Harrison has had more passes thrown his way in his career. It'd be a rather big number.

When you look at it, Owens will pass Carter in about 2 years in every category besides receptions. Harrison has him beat in receptions, and yards I believe and wil completely pass him in about 1 year. He (Owens) could in receptions, but he'd have to average a little less than 100 per year, I don't see that happening. On the bright side, Owens and Harrison would be in their 13th/12th seasons respectively, while Carter played 16. Now look at who all of those guys had throwing to them a majority of their careers :wink:

You guys can't argue with those comparisons. Harrison catches better, and Owens blocks better. TO's stats are rightfully so, about a year behind Harrisons. In actuality, they're both about the same. It's just Harrison is more consistent, Owens is more of a big play guy. Look at how Moss faded on a mediocre team, you think Harrison wouldn't? We know for a fact TO didn't.

Owens will go down as easily a top 5 receiver all-time and arguably a top 3 receiver all-time and it makes all of you haters sick.
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I agree with u....I do think alot of good receivers would fade on bad teams....T.O wouldn't fade however he would try to get out of there.....

Also, the only way T.O will be a top 5 reciever is if he doesn't get booted from Dallas...his stats are good enough to be the best(even Jerry Rice said that) but he's goin to need another couple of seasons to do that.
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

fact: marvin harrison has never played on the same team as a HOF qb
    test
  9. toker

u dont have a goddamn clue

owens aint gonna crack the top 3 or 5 for that matter

how can u be in the top 3 ever when u werent the best or most dominant of your generation?? those 2 categories go to harrison and moss
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

unless your favorite receiver happens to be:

chad johnson
    roy williams
    steve smith
    marvin harrison
    andre johnson

true.
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

please tell me ur not talking about Randy Moss......People have forgotten about him...he quits on plays in the game....T.O is much better then that...atleast he gives his all in the game...
    test
  12. Ethan Albright

T.O. would quit too if he were playing for the raiders.

actually he wouldve yelled and bitched until they kicked him off the team.
    test
  13. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

If TO is bitching on teams that goes to the playoffs how do you think he'd feel on a last place team?
    test
  14. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

wow at all the TO haters.

and Rippy putting Roy Williams over TO???

what has Roy Williams done to be in the same breath as TO???

Steve Smith, as good as he is, really didn't heat until last season.

Chad Johnson is a good WR but tell Chad to come back when ever he gets more than 10 TD's in a season (and he's only had 10 ONCE in his career).

and i'm sorry, Andre Johnson is good but he is NOT in TO's league. look up the numbers.

i'll give you Marvin Harrison, but Marvin Harrison has always had a complimentary WR to take some heat off of him in Reggie Wayne. In Philly, everyone knew TO was getting the ball yet he STILL got it done.

just STOP the hate. TO is the best WR in this generation.
    test
  15. Ethan Albright

This generation? lol.....what the fuck?

What's Roy Williams done?

1. He has the best hands in the league. T.O. has some of the worst for a big time receiver.

2. He's 4th in receiving yards this season....on the LIONS. With KITNA as the qb. Put him anywhere else and he's top 3. Put T.O. with kitna and he'd have a mental breakdown.

3. He's a team player. He doesn't tear chemistry apart. Even though the team around him sucks.

Steve Smith is undersized and has no negatives while his positives are right on par with T.O.'s.

Chad Johnson is equally as talented, but without all the bullshit.

Andre Johnson plays on a team that has no pass protection and he was top reciever for a good portion of this season. He's the only weapon on that offense. Has T.O. ever had to deal with that?.....

Marvin Harrison is equally as good without the bullshit.

One thing you've got to realize is, these guys don't have the negatives that T.O. does.... they're not distractions. And THAT's what makes them more valuable. If TO could shut the fuck up and play football....he'd arguably be top 3... but since he cant and causes more problems than he solves.... he's not even top 5.
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

Isn't it pathetic how people are arguing somebodies personality against raw stats? TO had a Pro Bowl caliber season while being hurt for about half of the year. To top it off, his hand of all parts. Nobody factors that into his drops this year, which I've heard Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin say have been uncharacteristically high this year. Yeah those two guys are Hall of Fame players (and not haters), two of easily the best ever at their spots (esp. Deion) When I bring up that even established, credentialized players say TO is the best, you guys counter that some nerdy fat guy or irrelevant NFL'er behind a desk says TO is the boogey man.

Your opinion syncs up with who? Cause actual top NFL players agree with me. You guys must know more than them. And then lucky for you guys there's no way of keeping track of blocks. Cause then he would really be the clear cut best. Nobody brings that up. Absolute nonsense from you guys. Do you realize that your guys' arguments are flimsy at best? Right now, the only person who could be mentioned with TO is Harrison. That's it. I'm on crack because TO will easily be top 5 all time. When he completely surpasses Chris Carters' numbers in 3 less seasons. Or who is the 2nd best all time? Too bad, maybe when the next TO comes along, they'll keep track of politeness. I'm done arguing with you morons. Anybody who's not a biased, media spoon fed loser can see what's really up.
    test
  17. toker

harrison is gonna go down as the best of the 3 no question.. however moss was the most dominant of the 3 at their respective peaks.. thats what im talkin bout

TO played his first 5 yrs with the so called best wr ever.. who do you think groomed him and taught him to have a great work ethic???

harrison played his first 5 yrs without wayne.. lets not get carried away.

maybe cus he had issues with catching before his injury or dallas days..

TO- this yr hes credited with 17 drops.. last yr in 7 games he had 5 drops.. in 04 in 14 games he had 7 drops. in 03 he had 11 drops in 15 games.

and who gives a fuck what a crackhead thinks.. these guys constantly overrate players.. every week its a new flavor..

yea lets wait and see if he does that first.. not like stats are the ultimate factor on whos best.. he'll more than likely pass players in stats that are better than him..

BTW im still waiting to know whats up with those 2 extra wins your were talking about
    test
  18. double ML

double ML Guest

deion & irvin are assholes.
    test
  19. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

OOO i gotcha...thats prolly tru when it comes to playing abilities but i feel like T.O is up there as well at his peak....Its hard to compare T.O to Randy cuz of the corners they played against, T.O seems to have good number against any corner if he gets the ball....Champ Bailey has a hard enough time covering him....Randy had the hardest time against Darrell Green(although he is one of the best corners in the nfl), But when it comes to Talent on the field....i'll take T.O over Randy....Don't forget Randy had a catching slump before as well...it happens to alot of good recievers...
    test
  20. Gorilla Nasty

I know. Harrison had a shit load of drops this year, within like a 5 game span. Conveniently none of these "spin doctors" bring that up. And that 5 game span was during crunch time, when the Colts lost to the Texans, Titans etc. Because they lost all of those gimmes, that's why they find themselves in the Wild Card round. And let's not even bring up Dallas being in that round, cause they started what? Like 1-4 thanks to that faggot Bledsoe. And yet again, had it not been for Bledsoe, Owens most likely would have really dominated number wise.

Moss being considered more dominant is a product of 2 things.

1) He had Warren Moon and Dante Culpepper as QB's. That's one perennial Pro Bowler, and one HOF'er. What has he done with the Raiders again? Owens was just about as dominant as he's always been.

2) Moss most definately had more publicity playing with the Vikings. Vikes were a playoff caliber team. 49'ers were in the middle of the bottom third of teams. You could speculate that Owens would much better career numbers because Moss was a starter from day one (as was Harrison). As a third round pick, TO was a slot reciever for 3 years.

As for Harrison. As I've said, he's had Manning for how long? Manning has been a very good QB since 1999. Very good. Like Pro Bowl every year, sprinkled with MVP's in there good. Put Owens with McNabb one year and he obliterates the stat sheet. Put Owens with Manning for a career and he would make a mockery of the record books. Put Harrison on the 49ers and he might make the Pro Bowl once or twice. Even thoguh I really see him being injured all the time if he was on the 49ers.

You really can't use this argument when he's going to beat him by 3 full seasons of work. Do you knkow how stupid you look here Toker? But you go calling Irvin a crackhead, you'r emaking yourself look pretty suspect.

People would rather talk about how many drops Owens has. Never mind that he's in the top 10 for every category among WR's. Or that he lead recievers in TD's again. Never mind that he leads all active recievers in TD's. Never mind that he's one of (if not) the best blocking reciever(s) in football. Never mind that the Cowboys missed the playoffs last year, but made it this year in a tougher division. None of that matters because he drops passes.

All things considered, Owens is really better than your favorite reciever. But you guys keep fighting the stats argument with the personality argument. As strong of a case as that makes. All you TO haters are the pettiest bunch of losersI swear [pus}
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.