Where all the TO Haters at?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Gorilla Nasty, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

He hurt his finger, so he won't be able to bend his finger....unless he has surgury
    test
  2. double ML

double ML Guest

he stubbed his toe
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

He has (a) torn tendon(s) in his finger(s). If I'm correct it's 2 fingers, but I know for sure it's at least one. I'm pretty sure TO said he has torn tendons in his middle and ring finger. Not sure which hand.

And despite that he's still better than your favorite.
    test
  4. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

i have four ripped ligaments in my right hand ring finger.. the bone pops out of my skin u can easily tell just by lookin at it its fucked up

but i never got surgery or nothin.. just man the fuck up n continued the season

that was 4 years ago n i still have the fucked up finger with the bone poppin out lol.. hes bein a pussy

AND hes injury prone.. cough cough last year ankle cough
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Dude YOU CAN NOT BEND YOUR FINGERS WITH SEVERED TENDONS. It's not ligament damage so please. I fucked up the ligaments in 2 fingers and still played. It felt no worse than a badly jammed finger. LOL, at your wannabe tough guy story comparing ligaments to tendons. Not "it hurts to bend my finger". He can't bend it if he wanted to. It's basically limp.

But last year coincedentally, TO was also on pace to be a dominant reciever. Again.

I just find it funny that everybody has to find excuses as to why Owens is not dominant. TO is a surefire HOF'er who is not dominant? The only one ever? He is a league leader in yds, TD's and receptions despite playing hurt almost all year. How does that make sense? It's really like some great pitcher performing only at an All-Star level all season with an injured shoulder.

^^ That pretty much puts the stupidity of this argument into perspective^^
    test
  6. double ML

double ML Guest

i don't know about TO bein' a "surefire" hall of famer

i'd put money that he won't be inducted his first time up, if ever
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

TO will be a first ballot HOF'er. 1 of only 4 I think recievers with 100 plus touchdowns. Owns the record for receptions in one game. He needs 30 some odd yards to get 1100 yards for I think the 7th time. One year he missed 1100 by 3 yards. If he didn't have to sit out last year, he would have surely gotten 1100 again. That would have made 7 years in a row. Averages roughly 11 TD's a year.

And that's if he retired after this year. I'd say in light of what he's doing this year- the man has easily another 2-3 years of being a top 5 reciever. Easily. He'll be first ballot as the most dominant reciever of his era. Him, Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison are first ballot locks.
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

For randy to be dominanting....they need to get him off the raiders.....but yea i see ur point with T.O and i agree
    test
  9. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

most dominat recevier of this era?

wtf are you smoking.
    test
  10. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

He is a first ballot HOF, no question.
    test
  11. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

yeah, because the HOF doesn't give a shit if you're a team chemistry killer or not...all skill.

It's sad really, what he could be....

but for the record, i'll take:
    chad johnson
    marvin harrison
    andre johnson
    roy williams
    steve smith

etc

over T.O. any day.

His cons negate his pros... making him (imo) mediocre.
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Team chemistry is overrated and winning solves every problem.
    test
  13. Gorilla Nasty

Evidenced by the fact that with the 49ers he put up numbers stride by stride with Moss and Harrison. And what do you know- the minute he gets on a team with an offense comparable to either of them his production skyrockets. And that was without a complementing reciever on the Eagles. Owens had ridiculous numbers with Philly.

Not to say Dallas sucks, but Romo's no Mcnabb, or Manning, or Moon or Culpepper. Neither is Jeff Garcia. With Philly he averaged almost 100yds a game and one TD= domination. Despite only having that benefit for 21 games, his numbers still stand up to Moss and Harrison.

Most dominant reciever of his era.
    test
  14. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

saying his numbers stand up with theres doesnt mean hes better. History will remember Harrison as top 3 wide out all time and TO as nothing more than a headache.

You wanna bring up stats lets break them down altitle more.

harrison has only 3 years when he has under 80 recptions owens has 6.

Harrision has more tds for his carrer, less drops, caught alot more balls and has more yardage despite and get this being thrown to less times pecertnage wise in his carrer.

and i know your gonna say well harrsions with manning in pass happy offense which is of course true but all of the teams TO have been on have been pass happy. But TO was there one and main threat so he got the ball thrown to him more.

I dont see how you can say TO is better than Harrison. What is your basis for saying this?
    test
  15. double ML

double ML Guest

marvin + reggie >>> randy + TO
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

Beside the fact that TO put up comparable numbers w/o having one of the best QB's of all time his whole career- You got me, I have nothing.
    test
  17. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Yeah. Like those chicago bulls of old.... the Patriots of recent... and all the other champions sports-wide.
    test
  18. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

harrisons numbers are alot better..TO's only look as good cus the amount of balls thrown his way

TO drops more balls in 1 season than harrison does in 2 or 3..

not even close
    test
  19. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

+ donte stollworth
    randy moss
    and others but i dont feel like thinkin

same as a jam finger? hahaha.. my two knuckles like fused togather from my ring to pinkey finger, and i can permantly only bend it half way.. plus severe arthritis and im only 20 yrs old.. wait till im like 60.. if im alive

jammin all 10 of my fingers at the same time< tearin ligaments and havin the bone poppin out for the rest of ur life
    test
  20. Gorilla Nasty

GTFOH dude, LOL, comparing ligaments to tendons. I don't give a fuck what you want to say. When I was 7 I fell off of my bike, so that must mean I'm tougher than TO? You can only bend it halfway? Hmmm, sounds a lot like my pinky, the one that I injured playing football and continued to play with. The one that I have torn ligaments in also. OK, here I'll appease you- A torn ligament is the exact same thing as a torn tendon. I'll make sure to also include you in my prayers, since you think I care about you now or in 60 years, or any point in between or after.

But really LOL, at Donte Stallworth. I think you might need a side of major medication and a straight jacket with that. But anyway, I guess I'll play it safe by picking the best reciever in the game. You guys can go take Jeremy Bloom, I hear he always says "please" and "thank you". I also find it funny how the owner of the most prestigous team in the NFL also picked up Owens. But hey some guy who spells serious with and X and alternates between capital and lower case said he would take somebody else. My opinion seems to coincide with the right people but why do I get the feeling that your opinion means nothing?

Game Set Match.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.