~When You Get Too Old~

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by GaLaTeA, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Seriously, when you get to be the old age, to where you can no longer live alone.....and none of your children or family wants to take care of you....so they put your ass in a nursing home........wouldn't you just rather die??...then live in one of those places??
    So many old people are taken to a nursing home, and practically forgotten!!!
    Some never have visitors...it's sad.
    Some soil themselves, can't walk......so weak to barely move, and some are mistreated.
    I don't wanna live in a nursing home.....
    When my Grandmother was pronounced 'terminal'....they told us she was being put under Hospice care, and we could choose for her to go home or go to a nursing home.
    The word "HOME!" couldn't come out of my mouth fast enough~
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

how old are you?

i need to know before i try playing my cards yo ...

[return it] ...
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^^That's for me to know. :funny:
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

are you a pedo? ...

[return it] ...
    test
  5. Radium

Radium f k

right now saving up american dollars to go live in some backwater country when i retire where the economy is dragging and is never going to be OK

i like the western world but its not for the eldery i think...

basically one objective i have right now is to find a good country where i would want to live when i am 50+

tropical, cheap

somwhere like Jamaica or Indonesia
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

really, i don't see how people can send their own parents to an old folks home and not feel bad about it.

actually, i can see them do it because i see them do it.

but i can't see myself do that, never ...

[return it] ...
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

No.

Are you?
    test
  8. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

youre confusing issues

i do a lot of work in retirement homes and towards the end of your post you started basically describing people with dimentia. it is not that familys dont love their elders with dimentia, its that i dont think you comprehend the type of care those people need.

they need to be under survelance 24/7, cannot be trusted with pretty much any type of object and are in no position to defend or survive on their own

you would need to literally quit your job to take care of someone like that, they arnt a dog you cant just leave them at home until you get back.

and also there are 100s of old people that are extremely happy living there, its almost like a college dorm for seniors. it all depends on the facility

i agree with you however, that if i ever developed alsheimers or became severly crippled and depended on someone for everything i would like to be euthanized

sorry to hear about your grandmom, but someone who is terminally ill is an entirely different decision then to place someone in a home who is unfit to care for themselves
    test
  9. Langford

Langford New Member

my mom's worked in a rest home for almost 30 years and she insists that we put her in one when she gets older
    test
  10. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

^^ yeh some people love it, some of the places are fucking awesome too

im talking bowling alley inside,four course meals everyday, swimming pool, pool tables, shuffle board etc etc
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Very constructive. The retirement home I visited was disgraceful, where people were basically left to rot in awful conditions, and the staff lounged around drinking coffee and chatting about soaps.

There is a lot of seniors that would like it, but as you put it - depends on the facility.
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

no, i haven't reached that age yet.

i can give you a definite answer when i hit 50+, right now i'm guessing i'm not ...

[return it] ...
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^^Glad to hear that.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

when i lived in vancouver my apartment was across the street from an old age home, and all day long for the two years that i was at that apartment there was just the same old people sadly staring out the window all day. No shitting you. All fuckin day for 2 years, occaisionally youd see an ambulance take someone away. It was depressing.
    test
  15. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Yes. I'd rather die at like age 75 or 80..so I don't have to put strain on someone else's life to take care of me.
    test
  16. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

like i said an entirely different issue, i agree 100 on that some of them are just down right shameful

the inner city ones typically, smell like shit, because literally people have shit their pants and they dont change them

they dont have any care, living conditions are awful

i used to think that shit was bad, until i got the project home contract which is homeless shelters of people fresh off the street.. shit is disturbing
    test
  17. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

yeah.. on thursday of last week i was at one, where this lady repeatedly just screamed "HELLLLLLP MEEEEE!!!" in like a blood turning scream probably 3 times every minute for about 3 hours.. then they hit her with some meds i think

ambulance doesnt necessarily mean someone died or is severely ill, they use them to take patients to scheduled doctors appointments and shit
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^^I bet. But you still work in this field, right?
    test
  19. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

thanx, i didnt mention that cuz either way just the scene of an ambulance at an old folks home instantly invokes negative imagery, whether it be death, dimentia, or sickness.

my sister was a nurse at an old age home and had to whipe ungrateful grumpy old peoples asses.

its like hazing, pretty much all beginner nurses end up whiping bums for a stint...
    test
  20. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

yup
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.